Tax Code and Regulations - TouchTax Mobile App (Tax Deskbook App) provides easy and affordable offline access on your Apple iPad, iPhone and iPod to all sections of the latest edition of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended (the Code), the Treasury Regulations (the Regulations) and Circular 230 and to the Internal Revenue Bulletins, Proposed Regulations, Temporary Regulations, Revenue Procedures, Revenue Rulings, Notices, Actions on Decisions and Announcements since 2003. One application purchase includes both the iPad tablet version and the iPhone/iPod customized phone version. The iPad tablet version includes an easy-to-use split view setup.
TouchTax supplements your physical copies of the Code, Regulations, IRBs, Rev. Rul., Rev. Proc., T.D., Temporary Regulations, Circular 230, etc. with electronic versions that are up-to-date while giving you advanced features making it easy to read and manage the law.
TouchTax includes a useful keyword search feature enabling keyword and phrase searching of the entire Code, Regulations, IRBs, Rev. Procs., Rev. Ruls., Notices, Announcements and more. Use exact keyword searches or use natural language searches to smartly search and find relevant content. Cross linking within Code sections provides for easy referencing. TouchTax also contains the complete current official version of Circular 230.
The Code and Regulations incorporated in TouchTax are electronic adaptations of the official law published by the Office of the Law Revision Counsel of the United States House of Representatives, the Treasury Department and the U.S. Government Printing Office. TouchTax contains the latest publications of the Preliminary USC Internal Revenue Code (current as of June 25, 2018 - see notes in application) and official Regulations (dated by the GPO "as of April 1, 2018"). The Internal Revenue Bulletins (with Rev. Procs., Rev. Ruls., Notices, Announcements, Temporary and Proposed Regulations) are updated weekly from the official Internal Revenue Service sources. (Newest Regulations are also included in the Internal Revenue Bulletins until integrated by the Government Printing Office in the official, annual versions of the Code of Federal Regulations.)
TouchTax is expected to be updated as soon as new versions of the Code and Regulations are made available. Internal Revenue Bulletins are updated approximately weekly and appear automatically on your device (as soon as it's connected to the Internet).
* Offline access to all sections of the Code and Regulations
* Offline access to the complete Circular 230
* Cross links between Code and Regulations
* Cross links within the Code
* Keyword search of Code, Regulations, Internal Revenue Bulletins, Rev. Procs., Rev. Ruls., Notices, Announcements
* Bookbrowse feature
* Table of contents and easy chapter, subchapter, etc. browsing
* Increase and reduce font size
* Email sections
* Take notes
* Open Code, Regulations, Internal Revenue Bulletins, Circular 230, Rev. Procs., Rev. Ruls., Notices, Announcements, Actions on Decisions as PDF version
* Bookmark Code and Regulation sections
* Fullscreen view
* Split view and slide over view (use TouchTax side by side with other compatible apps)
If you enjoy using TouchTax, please consider leaving positive feedback in the application market. Read "Getting Started" on the support site for more information on how to get started with your Code and Regulation reading using TouchTax.
- Updated Internal Revenue Code through June 25, 2018 (Through Pub. L. 115-193)
- Updated Treasury Regulations through April 2018 (Most Recent)
- Improved Treasury Regulations to remove hidden characters that translate into miscellaneous characters when displayed or printed
- Lowered the "Notes" box to provide better experience for iPhone X
- Corrected functioning of the "Up" button to provide better experience for iPhone X
- Centered back and forward button bar for iPhone and iPad
- Improved HTML display for iPhone X using safe areas
- Added new update notification to notify users once future updates are available (to ensure users know about new Internal Revenue Code and Treasury Regulation updates)
- Fixed minor bug when rotating iPhone 7 Plus and iPhone 8 Plus
Ratings and Reviews
I can't think of an app, at any price, that is as useful, user friendly and fully functioned. I have used it for quite some time and it has worked perfectly, in every situation.
Very useful when I'm on the go and need to look something up real quick and don't have my computer with me.
Great app, great learning tool
I purchased this for 150 usd less than my statutory text. It was awesome, really easy to use and search. A great value for the money.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.