By Flat Earth Games
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
TownCraft is a surreal crafting and city-building game with no in-app purchases ever!
You are alone in the wilderness back in medieval times, and must start a new town to be the celebration of all the kingdoms!
To the West lies King Oligarchy, a narcissist primarily absorbed by his own reflection. To the East: Queen Omnibus, busy 'taming' neighbouring kingdoms with the tip of her blade.
In between is you.
You begin by crafting the most basic of tools, tying a sharpened stone to a small piece of wood as a hatchet, but before long your town will be teeming and with travellers from all across the land. They'll buy your wares at the local shops, come to check out the sights, have some food and drink at your tavern, they'll come looking to trade with you, or work for you. Fish, farm, forage, hire, fire, and explore the bizarre and unique world of TownCraft.
Stuff you'll do in TownCraft:
* Play a new world every time – no two worlds will ever be the same thanks to procedurally generated maps!
* Test your skill at crafting, with hundreds of different objects to create.
* Build bridges, jetties, workshops and windmills as you create a fully functioning and self-sufficient town.
* Order around your muck-ridden peasants as they manage your gold mines, stone quarries, crop fields, lakes, shops and taverns.
* Play in a world with a real-time day and night cycle – watch as your workers wake up, go to work, hit the tavern to meet some passing travellers later at night and then get some shut-eye again.
* Explore each new world and unearth countless resources, from cotton to canary eggs, gold to grapes, wheat to wax and stone to silver.
* Follow an off-beat story as kingdoms vie for control.
* NO IN-GAME PURCHASES EVER! TownCraft is a full game with heaps to discover. You won't be bothered by prompts to share anything, buy anything, watch any ads or anything of the sort. We're not going to nickel and dime you. It annoys us to bits, so why would we do it to our fans?
TownCraft is the first game from Flat Earth Games, created by two brothers from Sydney, Australia and their team of intrepid developers.
You can find Flat Earth Games and its team hiding over at http://flatearthgames.com.au,
What's New in Version 2.0.2
-- NEW CHALLENGE MAP: Gold Rush! Try your luck in the hot, dry land of gold-panning.
-- NEW WORKER TYPE: Employee gold panners in your Gold Rush town!
-- New resources, recipes and objects.
-- Fixed an employee UI bug.
-- Numerous other small bug fixes.
Intriguing but glitchy
Towncraft is an interesting game reminiscent of Minecraft and traditional CRPGs. Unfortunately the crafting system doesn't pull you in like in Minecraft. Also, there's little interaction with certain parts of the world. People come and go and mostly ignore you. Things go wrong and you're not told. There's no option to build roads or clear land. Few things are actually explained and the inventory is an unsorted list. I still can't get a tavern to work.
The game is also glitchy (possibly the reason my tavern doesn't work). At first it was fine but it now crashes with increasing frequency (and I only have 3 peasants). Sometimes I have to go back and repeat what I've done recently. The crashing seems related to pathfinding and the inventory.
Three stars for the concept and future, but no stars for the now. After an hour or so it becomes unplayable.
It's too bad--
This really has the makings of a great game, and I spent quite a few enjoyable hours playing it. So refreshing to have no in app purchases. I can see that for some people it would not be very interesting because there's never anything trying to kill you, but I really enjoyed it as a pure crafting game.
That was the good news. The bad news is that it is the buggiest game I have ever played by a long shot. I constantly had to restart it to free in-game characters that were stuck and a host of other bugs. It has clearly been abandoned by the developers sometime in 2014. That means it is the 32-bit game, and will be shut down soon when the next version of iOS comes out.
So, it's really too bad. It has some great concepts and had the potential to be a great game.
Awesome nonviolent crafting game
This was an awesome game. I enjoyed figuring out the different crafting recipes and the different scenarios were fun to play. While the game is a bit glitchy, pausing and going to the main menu fixes most issues. It's definitely a great alternative to the free to play model. Unlike other crafting games like Don't Starve, there is nothing hunt you down, so if you need that kind of drama, you'll be disappointed. However, if you want a more sedate game, this one is great.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jun 25, 2014
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 104 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Flat Earth Games Pty Ltd
- © 2013 Flat Earth Games
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.