By Flat Earth Games
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
TownCraft is a surreal crafting and city-building game in which no two games are ever the same!
You are alone in the wilderness back in medieval times, and must start a new town to be the celebration of all the kingdoms!
To the West lies King Oligarchy, a narcissist primarily absorbed by his own reflection. To the East: Queen Omnibus, busy 'taming' neighbouring kingdoms with the tip of her blade.
In between is you.
You begin by crafting the most basic of tools, tying a sharpened stone to a small piece of wood as a hatchet, but before long your town will be teeming and with travellers from all across the land. They'll buy your wares at the local shops, come to check out the sights, have some food and drink at your tavern, they'll come looking to trade with you, or work for you. Fish, farm, forage, hire, fire, and explore the bizarre and unique world of TownCraft.
Stuff you'll do in TownCraft:
* Play a new world every time – no two worlds will ever be the same thanks to procedurally generated maps!
* Test your skill at crafting, with hundreds of different objects to create.
* Build bridges, jetties, workshops and windmills as you create a fully functioning and self-sufficient town.
* Order around your muck-ridden peasants as they manage your gold mines, stone quarries, crop fields, lakes, shops and taverns.
* Play in a world with a real-time day and night cycle – watch as your workers wake up, go to work, hit the tavern to meet some passing travellers later at night and then get some shut-eye again.
* Explore each new world and unearth countless resources, from cotton to canary eggs, gold to grapes, wheat to wax and stone to silver.
* Follow an off-beat story as kingdoms vie for control.
* NO IN-GAME PURCHASES EVER! TownCraft is a full game with heaps to discover. You won't be bothered by prompts to share anything, buy anything, watch any ads or anything of the sort. We're not going to nickel and dime you. It annoys us to bits, so why would we do it to our fans?
TownCraft is the first game from Flat Earth Games, created by two brothers from Sydney, Australia and their team of intrepid developers.
You can find Flat Earth Games and its team hiding over at http://flatearthgames.com.au,
What's New in Version 2.0.2
-- NEW CHALLENGE MAP: Gold Rush! Try your luck in the hot, dry land of gold-panning.
-- NEW WORKER TYPE: Employee gold panners in your Gold Rush town!
-- New resources, recipes and objects.
-- Fixed an employee UI bug.
-- Fixed several resolution issues on certain Macs.
-- Numerous other small bug fixes.
Fun & entertaining
It’s a fun way to pass some time. I recommend looking up the “Recipe” list on the TownCraft wiki, it was too difficult in my opinion to try to figure out and remember all of the recipes. After completing the compaigns, it gets a little boring. But it’s certainly worth playing if you enjoy town-building games.
Fun game, but keeps crashing
I would love to give this game a better review. It is fune to play, and easy to learn. I could easily play it for hours at a time if it would like stop crashing. I start to build my town and start to plant something or build a tavern, then bang, I am kicked out of the game. Fix the crashes and I would happily give the game 5 out of 5 starts.
Still waiting to get the updated dated version that Steam has?