TP-Link Tether provides the easiest way to access and manage your TP-Link Router/ xDSL Router/ Range Extender with your mobile devices. From quick setup to parental controls, Tether provides a simple, intuitive user interface to see your device status, online client devices and their privileges.
- Setup SSID, password and Internet or VDSL/ADSL settings of your devices
- Block unauthorized users who are accessing your devices
- Manage permissions of client devices
- Parental control function with schedule and URL-based Internet access management
- Find the best location to place your range extender
- Automatically turn off the LEDs at specific time
- Manage most of TP-Link devices simultaneously
Compatible Routers (listed hardware versions and above)
Archer C5400 V1
Archer C3200 V1
Archer C3150 V1
Archer C2600 V1
Archer C2300 V1
Archer A2300 V1
Archer C1900 V1
Archer C9 V1
Archer C8 V1
Archer C7 V1
Archer C5 V1.20
Archer C1200 V1
Archer C60 V1
Archer C59 V1
Archer C58 V1
Archer C55 V1
Archer C50 V1
Archer C2 V1
Archer C900 V1
Archer C25 V1
Archer C20 V1
Archer C20i V1
Compatible xDSL Routers (listed hardware versions and above)
Archer VR2800v V1
Archer VR2800 V1
Archer VR2600v V1
Archer VR2600 V1
Archer VR900v V1
Archer VR900 V1
Archer VR600v V1
Archer VR600 V1
Archer VR400v V1
Archer VR400 V1
Archer VR200v V1
Archer VR200 V1
Archer D7 V1
Archer D5 V1
Archer D50 V1
Archer D2 V1
Archer D20 V1
Compatible Range Extenders (listed hardware versions and above)
Others(listed hardware versions and above)
Archer MR400 V1
Archer MR200 V2
*To learn how to find the hardware version of your device, go to http://www.tp-link.com/faq-46.html
More devices supported by Tether are coming soon!
● Upgrade firmware is required. Go to the download page to choose the correct version and download the latest firmware: http://www.tp-link.com/support.html
● TP-Link Tether does not work when connected to guest network
● For any issue, please contact http://www.tp-link.com/support.html
- Bug fixes and stability improvements.
- Optimized the Client page to show which WIFI band each client is connected to.
Ratings and Reviews
Wifi for the dummy’s
So I sent my son to the store to buy a new WiFi router. He came home with this monstrosity of a thing. Said look mom you can set it up from an app on your phone. As I have no actual plugged in computer in my home anymore. I was very skeptical but plugged it all in and downloaded the app. Super easy! I had it up and running in five minutes. You can see every device connected to your internet. Love that I can turn off the WiFi to my kids individual devices, I do it just for fun now ;) wish I had this when they were younger and grounded from using the internet... ohhh and my WiFi now works all the way down my street, my man child son may have over done it in man fashion but we are up and running again!
Slickest wireless network setup I've ever done!
I installed version 2.11.1 just 9 hours after the most recent update was available and it worked great! Setup for my new Archer C1200 was really fast and simple (for me). Sharing the password with family members automatically (with approval) worked nicely.
I only have one suggestion for a future update, and it's really a minor thing. It would be great if you could register for the cloud services through the app instead of needing to open a browser and do it via the website. But that's not a big deal - I'm very satisfied and glad I used this app to setup my new wireless router.
Not as bad as everyone makes it sound
I haven't had a single technical issue with this app so far. It does everything it's supposed to do without giving me any problems. Maybe I have a newer version than the people who already posted a review for the app? However, like everyone says, it doesn't have a whole lot of features. But I think that's how it was intentionally designed. They clearly advertise what the app can do... So they are aware of its capabilities. I think it was intended to be a simple app with some basic features and a user friendly interface. Not necessarily a replacement for the router's built in settings page that you get to from a browser.
- TP-Link Technologies Co., Ltd.
- 76.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Bulgarian, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2013-2018 TP-LINK Technologies Co., Ltd. All rights reserved
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.