This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
TP-Link Tether provides the easiest way to access and manage your TP-Link Router/ xDSL Router/ Range Extender with your mobile devices. From quick setup to parental controls, Tether provides a simple, intuitive user interface to see your device status, online client devices and their privileges.
- Setup SSID, password and Internet or VDSL/ADSL settings of your devices
- Block unauthorized users who are accessing your devices
- Manage permissions of client devices
- Parental control function with schedule and URL-based Internet access management
- Find the best location to place your range extender
- Automatically turn off the LEDs at specific time
- Manage most of TP-Link devices simultaneously
Compatible Routers (listed hardware versions and above)
Archer C5400 V1
Archer C3200 V1
Archer C3150 V1
Archer C2600 V1
Archer C2300 V1
Archer A2300 V1
Archer C1900 V1
Archer C9 V1
Archer C8 V1
Archer C7 V1
Archer C5 V1.20
Archer C1200 V1
Archer C60 V1
Archer C59 V1
Archer C58 V1
Archer C55 V1
Archer C50 V1
Archer C2 V1
Archer C900 V1
Archer C25 V1
Archer C20 V1
Archer C20i V1
Compatible xDSL Routers (listed hardware versions and above)
Archer VR2800v V1
Archer VR2800 V1
Archer VR2600v V1
Archer VR2600 V1
Archer VR900v V1
Archer VR900 V1
Archer VR600v V1
Archer VR600 V1
Archer VR400v V1
Archer VR400 V1
Archer VR200v V1
Archer VR200 V1
Archer D7 V1
Archer D5 V1
Archer D50 V1
Archer D2 V1
Archer D20 V1
Compatible Range Extenders (listed hardware versions and above)
Others(listed hardware versions and above)
Archer MR400 V1
Archer MR200 V2
Archer CR1900 V1
*To learn how to find the hardware version of your device, go to http://www.tp-link.com/faq-46.html
More devices supported by Tether are coming soon!
● Upgrade firmware is required. Go to the download page to choose the correct version and download the latest firmware: http://www.tp-link.com/support.html
● TP-Link Tether does not work when connected to guest network
● For any issue, please contact http://www.tp-link.com/support.html
What's New in Version 2.13.15
- Added onboarding for Wireless Router and Range Extender. We will add onboarding support for more product line soon.
- Support iPhone X and iOS11
- Fixed various bugs.
Great for determining who's connected.
At first, I was extremely frustrated because the app wouldn't connect but after a firmware upgrade to the AC3200, I have no problems. A complete turnaround and now use the app to determine who's on, what band they are using, and most importantly, to block my sons XBox when things start getting out of control. I would suggest two improvements. The app should provide information to upgrade router so it's not a research project to figure out what's wrong and the devices listed should use the descriptions entered into the static IP reservations instead of making us retype that information.
Great! One suggestion only.:)
Awesome product! Love it! Works like a charm! I only have one suggestion: add a feature where you can set a bandwidth for every individual MAC id of all devices you have connected. And also a easier way to prioritize them. I think there is a way to do it but its for all the devices at once, or maybe not but you could make it much simpler to simply pick the mac id you need, give it a limit for bandwidth and put it in a list of what priority you want the router to treat it in. All from the app, would be great!!!
Doesn’t work with Archer C8 V3
Downloaded the app and installed it. When opened, it sees my Archer C8 but then times out and says “Disconnected”. Now I see the compatibility list includes the V1 but not the V3 of the C8 WiFi Router. Really, TP-Link?? You can’t write your app to be compatible with all versions of your product?
This snafu coupled with the fact that TP Link have NOT yet updated their firmware for my router to protect against the latest WPA2 security KRACK make me wonder if the company has its act together. At a minimum, this may cause me to finally consider installing DD-WRT firmware on my Archer C8.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Nov 17, 2017
- Version: 2.13.15
- Size: 63.3 MB
- Languages: English, Bulgarian, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: TP-Link Technologies Co., Ltd.
- Copyright © 2013-2015 TP-LINK Technologies Co., Ltd. All rights reserved
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.