Nutritionix Track is a fitness tracking app developed and maintained by a team of registered dietitians. Making fitness tracking a daily habit is an effective way to work towards your health goals, so the mission of the Track app is to take the heavy-lifting out of keeping up with your food log.
Track’s simplicity and efficiency is why our users don’t just give food logging a try – they stick with it.
Check it out:
Log all of your foods in as little as 60 seconds per day thanks to the following features:
- Predictive search
- State-of-the-art Natural Language processing technology
- Instant barcode scanning
What can I track?
- Food intake
- Nutrient totals
- Weight and weight progress
- Calorie and macro goals
- Water intake
The unrivalled Nutritionix database offers:
- 800K+ unique foods
- Coverage of 95% of grocery items in the US and Canada
- 760+ US restaurant chain menus
- Thousands of common foods recipes created by our in-house team of dietitians
- We are adding and updating hundreds of foods every day!
Create custom recipes and food items:
- Advanced recipe creation tool for logging custom recipes in seconds
- Custom Foods tool for one-off items
- Share your recipes easily!
- Download your data as a spreadsheet with our Export feature
- Keep tabs on your progress with the Stats view
- Sync your Track nutrition, weight and active energy data with Apple health with our push/pull feature.
- Fitbit sync
Upgrade to Track Pro to access the Coach Portal and share your Track food log with your dietitian, trainer, or other ‘coach’.
- Become a premium Track user by subscribing to Track Pro. Subscription prices start at $5.99 USD/month for the monthly subscription and $29 USD/year for the annual subscription. Prices are in U.S. dollars, are subject to change, and may vary in countries other than the U.S.
- 2 month free trial for premium features.
- If you choose to purchase Track Pro, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the 2-month trial period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes store after purchase.
Have any feedback? Please let us know at email@example.com
Summer schedules can get hectic between all of the outdoor outings and vacation trips. Track was designed to make food logging faster and easier so that you can spend less time updating your food log and more time enjoying the sunshine, good food, and good company all summer long.
Here’s what’s new in the latest version to keep you on track:
- Fixed issue with Health Kit sync reverting to inactive
- Improved workflow for renaming recipes when the recipe name already exists
- Resolved issue saving new weight preferences under profile
- Restored display of Zinc (micronutrient)
Ratings and Reviews
My favorite food tracker
I tried multiple food/diet/nutrition apps, including My Fittness Pal, but found this app was easier to use adding individual foods or creating recipes with nutrition macros broken down per serving. Can adjust personal goals for daily amounts of protein, carbs, and fats so it fits a variety of dietary needs— which for me is a low carb, high fat diet to control Type 2 diabetes. It quickly pulls up what I typically eat at certain times of day so I don’t have to go looking to log 2 eggs every morning. LOVE that it’s a free app with so many food nutrition info available (and easily scaled to my serving) or to scan with my phone. Plus tons of restaurants are included. Easily log exercise and water intake. So many awesome features. Did I mention it’s free? Helps me stay on track and motivated. Thank you for this awesome app!
Lacks Weight Tracking
I used this app back in the late summer and loved it. It’s so easy to use and would track your weight loss progress in addition to calories and exercise. Now I’m using it again but I’m not able to enter or see my progress in terms of weight loss. There used to be a graph. It looks like that part of the app is grayed out now and not available. Total bummer. Looking for another app but seriously disappointed. 😔
After the Nutritionix folks reached out in regards to my previous review, it was discovered that most of my issues were “user error”. Lol. So now everything is working just like I wanted and I’m very happy. Love love love this app!
Thank you for reaching out! The weight graph is still an available feature in the Track app. Can you send a screenshot of your Stats page to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can make sure your weight graph is set to a valid date range? Thanks!
Updated review: Solid app - recommended
I tried several additional options and returned to Nutritionix, it really is the best quality and best value out there!
After receiving clarification that Nutritionix is not going to switch to a paid subscription and that existing features are not going to be locked behind a paywall, I have reevaluated and improved my rating.
Thank you, Nutritionix team for:
* No aggressive/annoying ads.
* Large food database.
* HealthKit integration.
* Keeping key features free and limiting the pro features to a very specific subset of users. 💯
🙂 Nutritionix provides a much better option for food logging than MyFitnessPal and other similar competitors (I switched from MFP because the push to use the subscription model was obnoxious and the ads were even worse). Give Nutritionix a try - it’s a very good app and seems to be getting even better.
Request: I would love to see a more detailed breakdown of specific micronutrients (sort of like what’s available on the Happy Forks website) if possible.
Rest assured - the Nutritionix app will continue to be a free app. You only need to subscribe to share your diet with a coach. So if you are not using the Coach Portal sharing feature, then your Track experience is still completely independent of any subscriptions and will remain that way. If you have additional concerns, please don’t hesitate to let us know at email@example.com so that we can provide further clarity. Thank you!
- Nutritionix LLC
- 63.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Nutritionix LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Track Pro - Monthly $5.99
- Track Pro - Yearly $28.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.