Nutritionix Track is a fitness tracking app developed and maintained by a team of registered dietitians. Making fitness tracking a daily habit is an effective way to work towards your health goals, so the mission of the Track app is to take the heavy-lifting out of keeping up with your food log.
Track’s simplicity and efficiency is why our users don’t just give food logging a try – they stick with it.
Check it out:
Log all of your foods in as little as 60 seconds per day thanks to the following features:
- Predictive search
- State-of-the-art Natural Language processing technology
- Instant barcode scanning
What can I track?
- Food intake
- Nutrient totals
- Weight and weight progress
- Calorie and macro goals
- Water intake
The unrivalled Nutritionix database offers:
- 800K+ unique foods
- Coverage of 95% of grocery items in the US and Canada
- 760+ US restaurant chain menus
- Thousands of common foods recipes created by our in-house team of dietitians
- We are adding and updating hundreds of foods every day!
Create custom recipes and food items:
- Advanced recipe creation tool for logging custom recipes in seconds
- Custom Foods tool for one-off items
- Share your recipes easily!
- Download your data as a spreadsheet with our Export feature
- Keep tabs on your progress with the Stats view
- Sync your Track nutrition, weight and active energy data with Apple health with our push/pull feature.
- Fitbit sync
Upgrade to Track Pro to access the Coach Portal and share your Track food log with your dietitian, trainer, or other ‘coach’.
- Become a premium Track user by subscribing to Track Pro. Subscription prices start at $5.99 USD/month for the monthly subscription and $29 USD/year for the annual subscription. Prices are in U.S. dollars, are subject to change, and may vary in countries other than the U.S.
- 2 month free trial for premium features.
- If you choose to purchase Track Pro, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the 2-month trial period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes store after purchase.
Have any feedback? Please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for a new snack routine? Or maybe your goal is to up your fiber intake? Check out the new Recommended Products tab for dietitian-approved food products and supplements that could help you stay on track to reaching your dietary goals.
What’s new in the latest version?
- Copy and Delete buttons added to Meal summaries
- Improvements for display on iPhone x
- Additional bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
My favorite food tracker
I tried multiple food/diet/nutrition apps, including My Fittness Pal, but found this app was easier to use adding individual foods or creating recipes with nutrition macros broken down per serving. Can adjust personal goals for daily amounts of protein, carbs, and fats so it fits a variety of dietary needs— which for me is a low carb, high fat diet to control Type 2 diabetes. It quickly pulls up what I typically eat at certain times of day so I don’t have to go looking to log 2 eggs every morning. LOVE that it’s a free app with so many food nutrition info available (and easily scaled to my serving) or to scan with my phone. Plus tons of restaurants are included. Easily log exercise and water intake. So many awesome features. Did I mention it’s free? Helps me stay on track and motivated. Thank you for this awesome app!
Only app that has nutrition split for restaurant meals
Its the best free calorie counter app and nutrition log so far. I have used so many apps including my plate and atkins, but this is the best. No other app has macros splig and nutrition content for restaurant foods and daily grocery items. Its great that it allows me to set my own daily macro percentage and helps me keep track of the macros. The daily weight log and water intake is a bonus. Most apps give water tracker only for premium users. This app even allows me to create my own food and recipes. It has recommended tab for snacks suggested by dietitian, i don’t use that much though. The only thing this app doesnt have is suggested food recipes, like keto friendly, high protein foods etc. If they include recipes and tips, Nutritionix will be the best!!
And besides, it only works in portrait mode.
Here’s what I really want:
- maintains my privacy, selling only aggregated, anonymized data to advertisers. Per-user profiling doesn’t work, but if you must, own my profile yourself and don’t give out the raw data
- use face & fingerprint recognition for user authentication
- allow me to enter meal items by speech recognition
- allow me to scan UPC codes or Nutrition Facts blocks to obtain calorie values
- allow me to enter partial portion values and then do the math for me based on standard portion data
- provide reports filtered by time of day, so I can tell how much late-night snacking I’m doing
I would pay for an app that did all this. I would pay even more for an ad-free, totally private version.
- Nutritionix LLC
- 73.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Nutritionix LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Track Pro - Monthly $5.99
- Track Pro - Yearly $28.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.