TrackMyDrive - Mileage Tracker & Auto Mileage Log & Business Reimbursement
By Trackmydrive, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Automatic mileage tracking app for expenses, reimbursements, or IRS tax deductions.
TrackMyDrive runs in the background and automatically detects all the drives that you make and then lets you easily categorize them as Business or Personal (or a custom category).
Unlike other mileage logs that only track the "start" and "end" locations, TrackMyDrive tracks your entire trip and automatically calculates your mileage deduction or company reimbursement.
This app focuses on keeping things as simple as possible. Through eliminating unnecessary features and making the user interface simple to use.
One of the best features of this app is that it automatically syncs with your account at http://trackmydrive.com. This offers the following benefits:
- Use your desktop computer to update and view your trips.
- Print trip reports in PDF, CSV or EXCEL format.
- Your data is backed up. If you lose your phone, simply re-download the app and login.
- Data is automatically synced between all your devices.
TrackMyDrive is the premier iPhone/iPad mileage tracker app. We are dedicated to continually improving the app and hope you enjoy using it!
- Track your company mileage reimbursement.
- Excellent customer service.
- Manual entry of mileage logs and reimbursements.
- Mileage deduction is automatically calculated.
- Track miles using GPS.
- Easy tax tracking and reimbursement tracking.
- Accurate and detailed Mileage Log.
- Use your phone as normal, the app runs in the background.
- Excellent customer service, go ahead and send us an email to see how quickly we respond.
- Allows for manually adding trips by address. Remembers and autocompletes your most used destinations.
- Mark an entry as round trip to double the distance.
- Miles or Kilometers supported.
- Supports all major currencies.
- Customizable mileage allowances.
- Records start/end times of your trips.
- Mileage Type Categorizing can be customized.
- New IRS rates are automatically updated.
Q. Why doesn't your app have a place to enter start/stop odometer readings?
A. Most accounting software will ask for starting and ending odometers OR total miles for a given tax year. Because we feel it greatly simplifies our program interface, our program is centered around the total miles accounting. You can also just type the odometer into the description field.
Q. What deduction types are supported?
A. For the United States: Business (56.5 cents), Medical/Moving(24 cents), Charity(14 cents), and Personal(0 cents). The deduction types are automatically updated to reflect the current IRS rates. Other countries we preload with a "Business" and a "Personal" category.
You can also add your own custom mileage rates and purpose names.
Q. Is an account required at TrackMyDrive.com?
A. Yes, you can sign up through the app, or directly visiting the website.
Q. What currencies are supported?
A. We support all currencies. We auto-detect your currency when your account is created.
Any IOS device that supports multitasking. (Minimum iPhone is 3GS)
Use with a wifi-only iPad/iPhone is not recommended
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
* A car-charger is recommended for long trips.
What's New in Version 26.1.10
- Fixed bug where app was shutting down and not catching all trips
Great idea/Battery Killer
I have been using this app for almost 6 months & I really like it, or the concept. I am no longer using it. It is a huge power hog. I knew going in any GPS feature will do that, the drainage got to be too much. I needed to charge my iPhone5 at least twice a day whilst using app. The alternative was remaining tethered to power (auto 12v) most of the time. That means it stays in the auto not with me. My desire is to capture all mileage for 1 day in 1 entry. App really needs a PAUSE feature that shuts the GPS off. This app has already trashed my battery once. No more. I am now using a manual mileage logger, my new battery will be saved the agony of a quick death. It is more work but well worth it rather than suffer the issues of this app. Looking for improvement in power management before I will try using it again.
Came Highly Recommended
I have to admit, I made a pretty dumb mistake and couldn't get the app to work for me. I left a comment with the developer and they contacted me almost immediately with suggestions to get it to work...and it was s simple fix and totally my own fault! I own a small business and am always looking for ways to save money, time, and get a break on taxes, so I am excited to use this app! Thank you, Steve, for your help!!
Gets My Vote
I've been using TrackMyDrive since the beginning of 2012. I liked it then and I like it even more with the enhancements. It's everything I need. Excellent!
It's been very handy for me, and I like being able to make corrections and additions on the web site, as well.
I've had a minor issue a couple of times when they added enhancements, but they have been very responsive to my requests.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Feb 13, 2015
- Version: 26.1.10
- Size: 16.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Trackmydrive, LLC
- © Trackmydrive, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Yearly Subscription$8.99