TrackR tablet - Locate Lost or Missing Device Finder
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Tired of looking for your iPad? Make misplacing your iPad a thing of the past with TrackR tablet!
Install this app on your iPad - then use the TrackR app on your phone to locate it in seconds. Quickly ring the missing iPad around the home or press the button on the TrackR tablet to ring your phone on silent mode. TrackR's Crowd GPS Network enables you to even recover lost or stolen iPad on a map with GPS updates when another user walks by your missing item.
- Quickly ring your iPad from a connected control device such as an iPhone.
- Pressing the button on the TrackR tablet makes your phone ring - even on silent mode!
- Two-way separation alerts remind you to grab your iPad before you leave it behind
- See your iPad's last connected location on a map
- TrackR's Crowd GPS Network automatically searches for your lost iPad at long range and updates you of its location when another user walks by your missing item.
See http://www.thetrackr.com for more information.
Compatible with any iPhone running the most recent version of the TrackR app.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 1.1.5
We have used the lessons learned to improve background connection on our TrackR app to improve our TrackR tablet app as well.
Connecting and finding your tablet just got a lot more reliable!!
"TrackR Tablet" app pairs with "TrackR" app
- The "TrackR Tablet" app works great... ON YOUR TABLET (not your phone). The only thing the Tablet app does is pair with your phone's "TrackR" app and let you ring it... or reset pairing.
- On your phone, use the "TrackR" app (NOT "TrackR Tablet")... you can pair with your TrackR devices, see them on a map, and ring them by pressing the little speaker icon under the signal strength(?) bars. Tap the speaker icon again to turn ringing Off! ...or directly silence the tablet itself (or other TrackR device).
- I've just installed the two different apps, and they seem to work very well together. I can ring my phone from my tablet, like instantly... and the phone rings only so long as you (tap&)HOLD the 'Ring My Phone' button in the "TrackR Tablet" app... when you release the button, phone ringing stops.
- That's it for "TrackR Tablet".
-- The TrackR app on your phone will also track your TrackR Stickers, TrackR bravos, and TrackR Wallet cards locally within 100 ft, or... by Crowd GPS, that is, within 100 ft of other TrackR users (requires keeping Bluetooth on, and TrackR app running in background.) Note: On TrackR's coverage map, I already see users where I travel in Alaska and northern Idaho. TrackR said batteries last approx. 1 year and are easily replaceable... and they would replace batteries that die within a year.
[I do not work for TrackR.]
head of house?
I absolutely love this idea - a crowd soured network for gps location using only bluetooth LE and your phone's gps capability. The ultimate success will depend on how many "nodes" - people with the app loaded and functioning in the backgroundare out there. This will take some time - there are very few in my location so far.
On the local level I have found some issues with locating items that might be radio frequency shielded - i.e. inside any metal enclosure - a car, a locker etc. This is not a failure of the app, but just a limitation of the technology, which uses very low energy transmissions which don't penetrate very far. That is the tradeoff for reasonable battery life. The reverse paging system is great, and will be lifesaver, unless my wife loses both her keys and her phone at the same time.
Can't get the tablet app to work at all
I've tried to get this app to work on my iPad 2 (9.3.5) but it won't recognize that my Bluetooth is enabled and stops there. Tech support is non existent and useless when they are available. Support took two days to get a response from the tech guys and they suggested I download the app again and "resolved" the issue. Useless like the app.