The McNairy County Music Hall of Fame was established to celebrate, honor, and preserve the rich musical heritage of musicians, educators, industry professionals and others who have made noteworthy contributions to our shared musical heritage.
The McNairy County Music Hall of Fame (MCMHF) was established in 2013 to celebrate, honor, and preserve the rich musical heritage of McNairy County musicians, educators, industry professionals and others who have made noteworthy contributions to the local, regional or national music scenes. The Hall will carry out its mission through the annual selection of inductees, creation of public displays, music-related exhibits and programs honoring inductees and commemorating their musical legacy. An educational online archive with more detailed information about honorees will also be made available to the public. Additionally, the Hall is committed to continuing this legacy by developing programs and services aimed at promoting and strengthening McNairy County’s current and future music scene and ensuring that musical pursuits continue to play an important role in the lives of all McNairy Countians.
Nomination to the MCMHF:
1. A credible connection to McNairy County music must be established for all nominees but past or present residence in the county is not necessarily a requirement.
2. Nominations for McNairy County musicians, vocalists, and those engaged in other activities directly related to music will be given first consideration. Those demonstrating a commitment or dedication to local music, drawing inspiration from the county’s music or musicians, staging significant musical performances in the county, enhancing the county’s musical milieu in any way, or promoting music awareness, education and understanding may also be nominated.
3. Posthumous nominations as well as nominations for living individuals are both acceptable. Nominations for groups, bands, organizations, venues or other facets of McNairy County’s musical heritage will be considered.
4. Both professionals and amateurs are eligible for nomination.
5. Nominations in any and all genres of music are encouraged.
6. Nominations should include a bio of the nominee outlining their musical contributions and providing detailed information about their musical career or pursuits.
7. Nominations must be submitted electronically or in writing at a time and place designated by MCMHF.
8. The process is open to the public and anyone may make a nomination.
9. A selection committee composed of knowledgeable community volunteers and select members of the MCMHF (when appropriate) will review nominations and recommend candidates for induction to the Hall. All decisions of the committee are final.
10. Nominations may be made at anytime but the committee will meet in the spring of each calendar year to review nominations from the previous twelve months. Nomination does not guarantee induction and MCMHF members will be inducted on the basis of the criteria herein outlined.
- Bryan Huff
- 36.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Arts In McNairy
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.