Trail Run Project is your comprehensive guide to the best trails to run, wherever you are.
With the thoroughness of a printed map, we offer full GPS route info, elevation profiles, interactive features, photos, and more. Like a guidebook, we suggest the best featured runs to explore—either near your current location or in an area you search for. Local experts show you the highlights, challenging features, and insights you need to plan a great trail run.
• Find over 74,000 miles of trail to run with your crew.
• New trails are constantly added to our incredibly detailed trail run database.
• Your exact location is shown on the trail.
• Downloaded trails work offline for when you’re off the grid. (No cell reception required!)
• Enjoy high-resolution photos and detailed topographical trail maps.
• We’ll sync with your to-do list, check ins, and favorites on TrailRunProject.com.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Hello everyone, I'm Eric, your new Adventure Projects iOS Developer. I wanted to introduce myself with an app update. In this release, we're making sure you're up to date with the most recent search results and some stability fixes. I really look forward to serving you on behalf of REI's Adventure Projects.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs some work - what gives REI?!
First of all, I love the idea of this app. Super cool idea, and it seems like it even works well. It has all the info I want when I’m looking for trails. BUT... you can’t update any info from the app it seems like. You also can’t upload pictures, which to me, a non-tech person, seems like it’s both important and shouldn’t be super hard to add in. Until they fix the “go to our website to add xyz” it seems like they rushed it
I hope that improvements to the run/gps tracker will soon come. Auto audio feedback with time, distance, pace and elevation would be great! Additionally, it would be most helpful to include an off-trail warning system for those times when we unintentionally run too far off a chosen trail. Otherwise, this app is spectacular! Big thanks to REI for their app support.
My go to app before and during a run
Great for scoping out new trails and checking on trail conditions before a run. During the run, especially on unfamiliar trails, I use it to see where I am on the trail. The offline functionality is great as you usually don’t have cell reception when in the backcountry!
- Recreational Equipment, Inc
- 95.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Adventure Projects Inc 2015
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.