Trail Tracker GPS - Outdoor Maps, Tracking, Tracing, and Navigation for Running, Biking, Hiking, Driving, and More
By TapTools LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*Featured in AppsGoneFree. Your daily free app resource.*
*Featured in AppHeroes.com.*
Trail Tracker GPS is a great app to enhance any trip. Whether you're biking, hiking, skiing, walking, running, or driving, Trail Tracker will track your entire trip and all kinds of statistics that you can use to analyze it when you're done!
Here are just a few of Trail Tracker's features:
• Easy, intuitive tracking for any type of trip
• Live viewing of trail progress and statistics
• Detailed after-action trail information and interactive graphs
• Spark! Your own personal lightning monitoring system
• Fast sending of coordinates and essential location information in case of emergency
• Integrated text-to-speech functionality that allows you to hear your stats and stay motivated!
• Traceable maps that allow you to compete against yourself
• Simple map sharing through email, Facebook, Twitter, and more
• Various export file formats including TTMD, KML, and GPX
• Highly customizable settings for the most refined experience possible
• Terrain maps, floor plans, 3D maps, Street View™
• Easy map comparison to view and compare multiple trails side-by-side
• Waypoint photo cataloguing to save your photos from the trail
- Trail Tracker is compatible with all iOS devices running iOS 7.0 or higher, but the GPS features in the app require a GPS unit. You should make sure that your device has GPS capabilities before downloading the app, as we cannot issue refunds. Please do not hesitate to contact support at email@example.com if you have any questions.
- While continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life, Trail Tracker can track for more than 6 hours without recharging.
What's New in Version 3.50
Trail Tracker v3.50 fixes a bug in iOS 8 preventing users from changing the 'Background App Refresh' setting in the Settings app.
THE Very Best!!!
I have tried several similar purpose apps. This is definitely the most reliable, accurate, capable, and easy to use. The app staff are also extremely responsive to questions and requests. I usually hike at least a dozen miles per week, but primarily use this for planning, laying out, and measuring new trails for a trail club. Never dropping signal, pinpoint accuracy, ability to add maps into view with your current location, and export capabilities are my favorite facets. I also love how you can enlarge the view and display multiple tracks into one, color coded map! With each upgrade it continues to surpass my expectations. I have almost 100 tracks now. I wish that I could search them some way. I have never has battery issues during use, but I use it on an iPad, not a phone.
Very nice app!
I really enjoyed using this app! I ended up paying for it after the trial. With that being said, I agree with most people that the trial is a bit of a sham. I believe a better way to do a trial is to have a full version of the app, but eliminate the save and share capabilities.
One thing that I would change within the app, would be to get rid of the slider bars for adjusting numerical values, and go with the number wheels, like in Apple's alarm clock, and numerous other apps. The slider bars are archaic and an absolute pain to get the value you want (especially when there is a wide range of values), because it is too touchy. It wouldn't be so bad if they had stop points along the slider.
At any rate, I really like the app, and experienced no crashing (yet), nor did I find it hard to operate. I'm not sure what some of these people are complaining about.
As long as the dev continues to develop the app, by making it better, I will continue to use it. Thanks!
* 32gb iPhone 5 w/ iOS 8.3
Valuable hiking tool
This app is great for anyone who wants to get off the beaten path. I've tested this app thoroughly as I intend to use it for backwoods hiking as I progress in my hiking skill. It's quite accurate even when the GPS isn't cellular assisted. It gives several map views and a ton of valuable information. With this app, I feel like I can confidently go off path, cross streams, and not have to worry about finding my way back. This app is as important as a good pair of shoes and a hydration bag for serious hiking. Well worth the 1.99
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Nov 11, 2014
- Version: 3.50
- Size: 5.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Eric Mitchell
- © 2014 TapTools LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Tracking Upgrade$1.99