Trail Wallet - Travel Budget and Expense Tracker
By Simon Fairbairn
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
LESS TRACKING, MORE TRAVELLING
Trail Wallet is free for the first 25 items, with an In App Purchase available to unlock unlimited amounts.
**Featured in the App Store. Over 120,000 downloads!**
**Also featured in the New York Times, Lonely Planet, the Los Angeles Times, The Huffington Post, Qantas Magazine, SmarterTravel, Y Travel, The Points Guy, and Too Many Adapters.**
Trail Wallet is an easy travel expense tracker. Designed to be fast, it takes the headache out of expense tracking so you can focus on the fun.
"Trail Wallet…is the best travel-centric expense tracking app I’ve used." The Professional Hobo
"Trail Wallet is super easy to use, fast, and has a fun and beautiful interface." Too Many Adapters
BUILT BY TRAVELLERS
We are Simon Fairbairn and Erin McNeaney of Never Ending Voyage, a couple who've been travelling full time since March 2010. Managing our finances is what has enabled us to have so many wonderful experiences but, after 3 years on the road, we needed something better than scribbled notes, loose receipts, and complicated spreadsheets to track our expenses.
So we built Trail Wallet.
Nobody wants to worry about money while travelling, but we all do. Tracking your finances is a simple way to get some freedom from this financial anxiety.
Instead of just hoping you’ve got enough money, know.
QUICK AND SIMPLE
Road tested by tens of thousands of travellers, the app is simple, clear and easy to use.
Organise your expenses by trip or by month, set yourself a daily budget, then easily add expenses as you go. When you get a bill or receipt, launch the app, add the amount using the Quick Add screen and you’re done. Forget about it. Get on with your day.
No more collecting receipts in bags or pockets. No more sitting with a calculator trying to work out how you’re doing. No more trying to remember how much that tuk-tuk cost.
At the end of the day or week or month or trip, you can see how you’re doing. A little over budget? No problem—our app will tell you what’s eating up your cash. Under budget? Good job—send a little reassurance to your friends and family using your favourite social media platform.
• Detailed summary screen gives you all you need to know about your budget
• Tap the screen to show the data in any of your local currencies
• Interactive bar chart shows your last five days spending—tap the bars to see that day's total
• Switch between trip budget spent and trip budget remaining by tapping on the circular progress circle
• New themes and characters to customise your budgeting experience (additional In App Purchase required)
• Tap on the daily budget label to see an adjusted budget, to see exactly how much you have left to spend each day
• Add multiple trips with custom start and end dates, or let Trail Wallet work out the dates automatically based on your first and last entry
• Per-trip history, pie chart, and export options
• Tags! Amounts can have multiple tags, which can be filtered on the History screen
• Add amounts in either your home currency, or choose from over 218 local currencies
• Quickly and easily get the latest exchange rate (Internet connection required)
• Tap on the date to optionally spread expenses out over multiple days
• Customise your categories and category colours
• Interactive pie charts for a visual view of how much you've spent by category
• Category breakdowns—view and edit lists of items by category
• Daily breakdown of how you’re doing against a daily and monthly or trip budget
• Month by month breakdown of all of your expenses for each trip
• Quickly and easily move amounts between trips
Backups and Export
• Customisable export options—export your data in CSV format and send it via messages, email, or Airdrop
• Daily automatic iCloud backups of all your data (iCloud account required)
• Export your backups via email or iMessage
What's New in Version 3.3.12
- Sometimes deleting a trip would not actually delete it. This has been fixed.
Trail Wallet doesn't interrupt you to ask for reviews, but if you're reading this and you use and like Trail Wallet we'd really appreciate it if you went and gave it 5 stars!
However, if you are having any issues with the app or if there's a feature you'd like to see, please contact me directly at email@example.com so I can assist you.
Best way to manage travel spending
This app is exactly what I need while traveling to easily keep track of what I'm spending and on what. I love being able to make up my own categories and the ability to have multiple currencies per trip so I don't have to do any cross converting myself is amazing. This app keeps me on track while on the road. Thanks Trail Wallet!
Excellent and efficient
My partner and I have just started a long trip through Latin America and we're three days into tracking our expenses using Trail Wallet. Its handling of multiple currencies and fast adding is very useful. As an iOS automation geek, I would love to see some type of URL scheme or Workflow integration to make it even easier on the move. Keep up the great work!
My go-to travel tracking app...
Love this little app. It's very simple to use. I use this when traveling to track everything. It takes some manual input obviously, but it's worth it when you can look back and see where all your money went. I love the fun and easy to use interface. Can't go wrong with this little app.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Jul 17, 2017
- Version: 3.3.12
- Size: 32.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Simon Fairbairn
- © Voyage Travel Apps 2017
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Amounts$4.99
- All Characters and Themes$1.99
- Sir Reginald Greenworthy$0.99
- Gus, the Agreeable Dragon$0.99
- TW-2603 Mk II$0.99