Trail Wallet Travel Budget App
By Simon Fairbairn
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
LESS TRACKING, MORE TRAVELLING
Trail Wallet is free for the first 25 items, with an In App Purchase available to unlock unlimited amounts.
**Featured in the App Store. Over 150,000 downloads!**
**Also featured in the New York Times, Lonely Planet, the Los Angeles Times, The Huffington Post, Qantas Magazine, SmarterTravel, Y Travel, The Points Guy, and Too Many Adapters.**
Trail Wallet is an easy travel expense tracker. Designed to be fast, it takes the headache out of expense tracking so you can focus on the fun.
"Trail Wallet…is the best travel-centric expense tracking app I’ve used." The Professional Hobo
"Trail Wallet is super easy to use, fast, and has a fun and beautiful interface." Too Many Adapters
BUILT BY TRAVELLERS
We are Simon Fairbairn and Erin McNeaney of Never Ending Voyage, a couple who've been travelling full time since March 2010. Managing our finances is what has enabled us to have so many wonderful experiences but, after 3 years on the road, we needed something better than scribbled notes, loose receipts, and complicated spreadsheets to track our expenses.
So we built Trail Wallet.
Nobody wants to worry about money while travelling, but we all do. Tracking your finances is a simple way to get some freedom from this financial anxiety.
Instead of just hoping you’ve got enough money, know.
QUICK AND SIMPLE
Road tested by tens of thousands of travellers, the app is simple, clear and easy to use.
Organise your expenses by trip or by month, set yourself a daily budget, then easily add expenses as you go. When you get a bill or receipt, launch the app, add the amount using the Quick Add screen and you’re done. Forget about it. Get on with your day.
No more collecting receipts in bags or pockets. No more sitting with a calculator trying to work out how you’re doing. No more trying to remember how much that tuk-tuk cost.
At the end of the day or week or month or trip, you can see how you’re doing. A little over budget? No problem—our app will tell you what’s eating up your cash. Under budget? Good job—send a little reassurance to your friends and family using your favourite social media platform.
• Detailed summary screen gives you all you need to know about your budget
• Tap the screen to show the data in any of your local currencies
• Interactive bar chart shows your last five days spending—tap the bars to see that day's total
• Switch between trip budget spent and trip budget remaining by tapping on the circular progress circle
• New themes and characters to customise your budgeting experience (additional In App Purchase required)
• Tap on the daily budget label to see an adjusted budget, to see exactly how much you have left to spend each day
• Add multiple trips with custom start and end dates, or let Trail Wallet work out the dates automatically based on your first and last entry
• Per-trip history, pie chart, and export options
• Tags! Amounts can have multiple tags, which can be filtered on the History screen
• Add amounts in either your home currency, or choose from over 218 local currencies
• Quickly and easily get the latest exchange rate (Internet connection required)
• Tap on the date to optionally spread expenses out over multiple days
• Customise your categories and category colours
• Interactive pie charts for a visual view of how much you've spent by category
• Category breakdowns—view and edit lists of items by category
• Daily breakdown of how you’re doing against a daily and monthly or trip budget
• Month by month breakdown of all of your expenses for each trip
• Quickly and easily move amounts between trips
Backups and Export
• Customisable export options—export your data in CSV format and send it via messages, email, or Airdrop
• Daily automatic iCloud backups of all your data (iCloud account required)
• Export your backups via email or iMessage
What's New in Version 3.3.13
- Updated trip list screen
- Added compatibility with iOS 11
If you are having any issues with the app or if there's a feature you'd like to see, please contact me directly at email@example.com so I can assist you but if you're reading this and you like Trail Wallet we'd really appreciate it if you went and gave it 5 stars!
New favorite App!
I'm pretty good at budgeting during trips... it's day to day life that I falter. I wanted an app to track my daily extravagances on coffee shops and happy hours and pizza deliveries when I should be cooking good old fashioned meals at home. All the expense trackers I searched were way too inclusive and had such boring interfaces. THIS ONE, however, was instantly fun and happy and didn't try to monitor every household expenditure. It was super easy to figure out, as well as to modify categories to suit exactly what I was looking for. I created a "Trip" titled "Life - October", input start and end dates, adjusted my category headings, and diligently recorded every time I ate out or got groceries. When I used up the first 25 free entries, I gladly paid for the unlimited upgrade. And at the end of the month, I now have a lovely pie chart that tells me that I spend as much on happy hours w/friends as I do on monthly groceries. I think I'll have to work on that... "Life - November" is currently in progress, and I have a feeling this pie chart will look more balanced when it's done. Also, I can't wait to use it on my next real trip!!!
What we've been waiting for
This app is just what travelers needed! It's so easy to use, love the simple interface and the display of your data (and being able to export and backup). Great way to keep track of your finances when traveling (with categorization and comparison to budget)! It's got a few settings you can adjust, which is nice (categories, currencies, etc.).
What would take this app to the next level is allowing users to share a trip, since some people share/split costs and being able to indicate that on certain expenses would be great.
Great work on the development of this app! Thank you.
Easy to use, easy to learn.
I learned how to use this app in a couple of minutes, then was on my way to keeping track of money being spent on my vacation.
Every time I pay for something I easily log it into my phone, in the categories I want, the moment it is spent. No more keeping receipts to log in later, forgetting what I spent my money on.
I have a moment by moment record of how my vacation spending is going which gives me a chance to stay in budget.
Thanks for developing a perfect budgeting app.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Sep 16, 2017
- Version: 3.3.13
- Size: 31.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Simon Fairbairn
- © Voyage Travel Apps 2017
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Amounts$4.99
- All Characters and Themes$1.99
- Sir Reginald Greenworthy$0.99
- Gus, the Agreeable Dragon$0.99
- TW-2603 Mk II$0.99