Trail Wallet - Travel Budget & Expense Tracker
By Simon Fairbairn
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
LESS TRACKING, MORE TRAVELLING
Trail Wallet is free for the first 25 items, with an In App Purchase available to unlock unlimited amounts.
**Featured in the App Store. Over 120,000 downloads!**
**Also featured in the New York Times, Lonely Planet, the Los Angeles Times, The Huffington Post, Qantas Magazine, SmarterTravel, Y Travel, The Points Guy, and Too Many Adapters.**
Trail Wallet is an easy travel expense tracker. Designed to be fast, it takes the headache out of expense tracking so you can focus on the fun.
"Trail Wallet…is the best travel-centric expense tracking app I’ve used." The Professional Hobo
"Trail Wallet is super easy to use, fast, and has a fun and beautiful interface." Too Many Adapters
BUILT BY TRAVELLERS
We are Simon Fairbairn and Erin McNeaney of Never Ending Voyage, a couple who've been travelling full time since March 2010. Managing our finances is what has enabled us to have so many wonderful experiences but, after 3 years on the road, we needed something better than scribbled notes, loose receipts, and complicated spreadsheets to track our expenses.
So we built Trail Wallet.
Nobody wants to worry about money while travelling, but we all do. Tracking your finances is a simple way to get some freedom from this financial anxiety.
Instead of just hoping you’ve got enough money, know.
QUICK AND SIMPLE
Road tested by tens of thousands of travellers, the app is simple, clear and easy to use.
Organise your expenses by trip or by month, set yourself a daily budget, then easily add expenses as you go. When you get a bill or receipt, launch the app, add the amount using the Quick Add screen and you’re done. Forget about it. Get on with your day.
No more collecting receipts in bags or pockets. No more sitting with a calculator trying to work out how you’re doing. No more trying to remember how much that tuk-tuk cost.
At the end of the day or week or month or trip, you can see how you’re doing. A little over budget? No problem—our app will tell you what’s eating up your cash. Under budget? Good job—send a little reassurance to your friends and family using your favourite social media platform.
• Detailed summary screen gives you all you need to know about your budget
• Tap the screen to show the data in any of your local currencies
• Interactive bar chart shows your last five days spending—tap the bars to see that day's total
• Switch between trip budget spent and trip budget remaining by tapping on the circular progress circle
• New themes and characters to customise your budgeting experience (additional In App Purchase required)
• Add multiple trips with custom start and end dates, or let Trail Wallet work out the dates automatically based on your first and last entry
• Per-trip history, pie chart, and export options
• (NEW) Tags! Amounts can have multiple tags
• Quickly add new amounts while you're out and about
• Add amounts in either your home currency, or choose from over 218 local currencies
• Quickly and easily get the latest exchange rate (Internet connection required)
• Option to spread expenses out over multiple days
• Organise your spending by category
• Customise your categories and category colours
• Interactive pie charts for a visual view of how much you've spent by category
• Category breakdowns—view and edit lists of items by category
• Daily breakdown of how you’re doing against a daily and monthly or trip budget
• Month by month breakdown of all of your expenses for each trip
• Quickly and easily move amounts between trips
Export and Sharing
• Customisable export options—export your data in CSV format and send it via messages, email, or Airdrop
• Share your budget situation with friends and family on your favourite social network
• Daily automatic iCloud backups of all your data (iCloud account required)
What's New in Version 3.3.8
More bug fixes, this time a crashing bug.
Trail Wallet doesn't interrupt you to ask for reviews, but if you're reading this and you use and like Trail Wallet we'd really appreciate it if you went and gave it 5 stars!
However, if you are having any issues with the app, please contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org as I can't respond to reviews (yet).
Indispensable for Travel
Without a doubt indispensable. I've been using Trail Wallet since July 2013 and the app is too notch (Instagram: thedharmalife) Works simply, focused and concise. Intuitive user interface, updates properly to world currency conversations in the background, and able to build your own categories. Can help you make choices based on your budget while you travel to allow you to travel further and longer. I show and recommend it to everyone that travels extensively.
Essential Travel App!!
I swear by this app. It has completely changed travel budgeting. Super easy to use interface, quick to plug in your spending amounts, and tracks everything perfectly. You can input in any currency and have the home screen show it's conversion to your home currency. I recommend this app to everyone I meet, it really is the best budget travel app out there.
I have been using this app since arriving in Thailand 15 months ago. I use it everyday and wish I had used it while living in the states. It is priceless. I love how it converts from baht to dollar amount and vice versa. I retired last October and Trail Wallet is now my acting financial adviser. It has become part of my life. Thank you TW.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Mar 07, 2017
- Version: 3.3.8
- Size: 30.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Simon Fairbairn
- © Voyage Travel Apps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Amounts$4.99
- All Characters and Themes$1.99
- Sir Reginald Greenworthy$0.99
- Gus, the Agreeable Dragon$0.99
- TW-2603 Mk II$0.99