Trail Wallet - Travel Budget & Expense Tracker
By Simon Fairbairn
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
LESS TRACKING, MORE TRAVELLING
Trail Wallet is free for the first 25 items, with an In App Purchase available to unlock unlimited amounts.
**Featured in the App Store**
**Also featured in the New York Times, Lonely Planet, the Los Angeles Times, The Huffington Post, Qantas Magazine, SmarterTravel, Y Travel, The Points Guy, and Too Many Adapters.**
Trail Wallet is an easy travel expense tracker. Designed to be fast, it takes the headache out of expense tracking so you can focus on the fun.
"Trail Wallet…is the best travel-centric expense tracking app I’ve used." The Professional Hobo
"Trail Wallet is super easy to use, fast, and has a fun and beautiful interface." Too Many Adapters
BUILT BY TRAVELLERS
We are Simon Fairbairn and Erin McNeaney of Never Ending Voyage, a couple who've been travelling full time since March 2010. Managing our finances is what has enabled us to have so many wonderful experiences but, after 3 years on the road, we needed something better than scribbled notes, loose receipts, and complicated spreadsheets to track our expenses.
So we built Trail Wallet.
Nobody wants to worry about money while travelling, but we all do. Tracking your finances is a simple way to get some freedom from this financial anxiety.
Instead of just hoping you’ve got enough money, know.
QUICK AND SIMPLE
Road tested by tens of thousands of travellers, the app is simple, clear and easy to use.
Organise your expenses by trip or by month, set yourself a daily budget, then easily add expenses as you go. When you get a bill or receipt, launch the app, add the amount using the Quick Add screen and you’re done. Forget about it. Get on with your day.
No more collecting receipts in bags or pockets. No more sitting with a calculator trying to work out how you’re doing. No more trying to remember how much that tuk-tuk cost.
At the end of the day or week or month or trip, you can see how you’re doing. A little over budget? No problem—our app will tell you what’s eating up your cash. Under budget? Good job—send a little reassurance to your friends and family using your favourite social media platform.
• Detailed summary screen gives you all you need to know about your budget
• Tap the screen to show the data in any of your local currencies
• Interactive bar chart shows your last five days spending—tap the bars to see that day's total
• Switch between trip budget spent and trip budget remaining by tapping on the circular progress circle
• New themes and characters to customise your budgeting experience (additional In App Purchase required)
• Add multiple trips with custom start and end dates, or let Trail Wallet work out the dates automatically based on your first and last entry
• Per-trip history, pie chart, and export options
• (NEW) Tags! Amounts can have multiple tags
• Quickly add new amounts while you're out and about
• Add amounts in either your home currency, or choose from over 218 local currencies
• Quickly and easily get the latest exchange rate (Internet connection required)
• Option to spread expenses out over multiple days
• Organise your spending by category
• Customise your categories and category colours
• Interactive pie charts for a visual view of how much you've spent by category
• Category breakdowns—view and edit lists of items by category
• Daily breakdown of how you’re doing against a daily and monthly or trip budget
• Month by month breakdown of all of your expenses for each trip
• Quickly and easily move amounts between trips
Export and Sharing
• Customisable export options—export your data in CSV format and send it via messages, email, or Airdrop
• Share your budget situation with friends and family on your favourite social network
• Daily automatic backups of all your data to iCloud.
What's New in Version 3.3.0
The Tags Update
* Added ability to edit tags! Tap the i icon next to an unselected tag to edit its name
* Added ability to see only the items which have all of the selected tags in the history screen
* Fixes a bug with automatic trip end dates, daily budgets, and month view
* Fixes a bug which could cause a crash for very specific daily budget/days on trip combinations
* Fixes a bug with the export CSV showing the incorrect dates
* Fixes an issue where a certain secret combination on the Add Amount screen would put the app into Duplicate Mode, creating duplicates of the entered amount.
* Fixes issue where information about paid upgrade might not show
Thanks to all you wonderful people who have left reviews—we really appreciate your support! Trail Wallet doesn't interrupt you to ask for reviews, but if you're reading this and you use and like Trail Wallet we'd really appreciate it if you went and gave it 5 stars!
However, if you are having any issues with the app, please contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org as I can't respond to reviews.
Very happy we have this app
We use this app every day in our RTW trip and log every single expense no matter how small.
It is the best and most convenient way we know of keeping our expenses 100% monitored. It's biggest strength is its ease of logging expenses, followed by the categorization options. We recommend it fo sho
1) Let the user order the tags in a custom order so as to lump together similar tags. For example "Bus, Taxi, Train" together, followed by "China, Japan, Thailand". This makes it easier to log items quickly
2) Be able to delete a tag or category without losing that tag or category from items you previously logged. I don't want to have a country tag or category from months ago if I won't use it again
3) Be able to edit the name of a tag or category and have it changed in every previous items logged with that tag or category. I often change my mind about a category I named at the beginning of a trip and would like to change it, but the app does not let me.
4) small improvement: If I add a currency, it won't confirm that the currency was added. A message would be nice just to be sure it worked
5) In the stats option it would be nice to see the chart with percentages in addition to $ amounts. I don't necessarily wanna share my spent amounts with friends or family, but in % I would not mind
Very useful app!
I love this app. It's been a real help with tracking our expenses on trips and figuring out where all our money went 😀
The simple interface makes it easy to add on the go. Also I lie the category breakdown. I actually like that it can't be customized as I think I would overdo it and complicate things. I also love the ability to csv export the expenses.
It's almost perfect. I would love to see an enhancement to add income (i.e. If a fellow traveler reimburses you for an expense) so that it subtracts from the totals. Also for the export capability, it would be nice to export a full report of the expense breakdown as well as the summary and category views.
Great app with awesome features, BUT...
I've given this 5 stars because it's an amazing app that's great for managing my budget while traveling. My biggest problem is the "characters" (I think Erica Fogg is one of their names) that show up on the budget screen. I'd love the ability to turn those off - just give me a no frills budget app, please!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Mar 03, 2016
- Version: 3.3.0
- Size: 12.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Simon Fairbairn
- © Voyage Travel Apps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Amounts$4.99
- All Characters and Themes$1.99
- Sir Reginald Greenworthy$0.99
- Gus, the Agreeable Dragon$0.99
- TW-2603 Mk II$0.99