Trail Wallet Travel Budget App
By Simon Fairbairn
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
LESS TRACKING, MORE TRAVELLING
Trail Wallet is free for the first 25 items, with an In App Purchase available to unlock unlimited amounts.
**Featured in the App Store. Over 150,000 downloads!**
**Also featured in the New York Times, Lonely Planet, the Los Angeles Times, The Huffington Post, Qantas Magazine, SmarterTravel, Y Travel, The Points Guy, and Too Many Adapters.**
Trail Wallet is an easy travel expense tracker. Designed to be fast, it takes the headache out of expense tracking so you can focus on the fun.
"Trail Wallet…is the best travel-centric expense tracking app I’ve used." The Professional Hobo
"Trail Wallet is super easy to use, fast, and has a fun and beautiful interface." Too Many Adapters
BUILT BY TRAVELLERS
We are Simon Fairbairn and Erin McNeaney of Never Ending Voyage, a couple who've been travelling full time since March 2010. Managing our finances is what has enabled us to have so many wonderful experiences but, after 3 years on the road, we needed something better than scribbled notes, loose receipts, and complicated spreadsheets to track our expenses.
So we built Trail Wallet.
Nobody wants to worry about money while travelling, but we all do. Tracking your finances is a simple way to get some freedom from this financial anxiety.
Instead of just hoping you’ve got enough money, know.
QUICK AND SIMPLE
Road tested by tens of thousands of travellers, the app is simple, clear and easy to use.
Organise your expenses by trip or by month, set yourself a daily budget, then easily add expenses as you go. When you get a bill or receipt, launch the app, add the amount using the Quick Add screen and you’re done. Forget about it. Get on with your day.
No more collecting receipts in bags or pockets. No more sitting with a calculator trying to work out how you’re doing. No more trying to remember how much that tuk-tuk cost.
At the end of the day or week or month or trip, you can see how you’re doing. A little over budget? No problem—our app will tell you what’s eating up your cash. Under budget? Good job—send a little reassurance to your friends and family using your favourite social media platform.
• Detailed summary screen gives you all you need to know about your budget
• Tap the screen to show the data in any of your local currencies
• Interactive bar chart shows your last five days spending—tap the bars to see that day's history
• Switch between trip budget spent and trip budget remaining by tapping on the circular progress circle
• New themes and characters to customise your budgeting experience (additional In App Purchase required)
• Tap on the daily budget label to see an adjusted budget, to see exactly how much you have left to spend each day
• Add multiple trips with custom start and end dates, or let Trail Wallet work out the dates automatically based on your first and last entry
• Per-trip history, pie chart, and export options
• Tags! Amounts can have multiple tags, which can be filtered on the History screen
• Add amounts in either your home currency, or choose from over 218 local currencies
• Quickly and easily get the latest exchange rate (Internet connection required)
• Tap on the date to optionally spread expenses out over multiple days
• Add photos of your receipts
• Customise your categories and category colours
• Interactive pie charts for a visual view of how much you've spent by category
• Category breakdowns—view and edit lists of items by category
• Daily breakdown of how you’re doing against a daily and monthly or trip budget
• Month by month breakdown of all of your expenses for each trip
• Quickly and easily move amounts between trips
Backups and Export
• Customisable export options—export your data in CSV format and send it via messages, email, or Airdrop
• Daily automatic iCloud backups of all your data (iCloud account required)
• Export your backups via email or iMessage
• Export receipt photos
What's New in Version 3.4
I am pleased to announce: PHOTO SUPPORT!
[celebration emoji] [big smiling face emoji] [exhausted relief emoji]
- Images are attached to individual amounts (one image per amount)
- You can import images from your photo library or take new photos with the camera
- Tapping on an image on the Add Amount screen will show you a full size version
- Images are backed up to iCloud with the rest of your data
- You can export all of your images at once from the Share screen using any supported method (messages, email, AirDrop, save to library, print, etc.)
- Exported CSV files have a reference to the image filename so you can match up the photos in your spreadsheets
BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!
- Tapping on a bar chart now shows you a complete summary of that day's data
- New Caledonia currency added
- Spreading amounts support has been much improved—if your trip has a fixed end date, it won't let you spread an amount past the last day
- Add Amount screen won't let you save if you haven't entered an amount (this one's for me: sometimes I get so caught up entering the metadata, I forget to add the actual amount itself)
- Drag and Drop support for reordering categories and trips (iOS 11 only)
- Tons of other bug fixes and small enhancements
Because the new photo system uses iCloud to store photos alongside your amount data. I've tried to choose a photo resolution that balances low file sizes with enough definition for you to read those receipts in the future. I'm trying not to burn through your iCloud allowance but let me know if you feel I haven't got the file size/resolution balance right!
If you are having any issues with the app or if there's a feature you'd like to see, please contact me directly at email@example.com so I can assist you.
No hassle travel or daily expenses
I needed something to track expenses for my six month adventure in South America. It had to be simple enough to enter all little things throughout the day. At the same time it had to have features to categorize expenses and good interface to visualize everything. I tried a few apps and found this app to be the winner. It’s super simple to add expenses and gives me all that I need to track my budget. I got used to the app so much, I kept using it for my daily expenses after my travel. I have a nice little breakdown of all expenses at the end of the year.
The only feature I wish the app had was the ability to copy an old expense item and add it to a new date. Would make the recurring monthly expense tracking so much faster. Thanks guys!
We have been traveling for over a year and it's been great for tracking expenses and budgeting. It's very easy to use, and has many helpful features. App also comes loaded with pie charts, exporting features and a few sparky comments when you exceed your budget. Lover every bit of it. Thank you Simon!
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Nov 27, 2017
- Version: 3.4
- Size: 33.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Simon Fairbairn
- © Voyage Travel Apps 2017
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Amounts$4.99
- All Themes$1.99
- Sir Reginald Greenworthy$0.99
- Gus, the Agreeable Dragon$0.99
- TW-2603 Mk II$0.99