Trailforks - Mountain Bike Trail Map
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Trailforks is a mountain bike trail database with over 50,000 trails. Users can contribute data and then local trail associations have the control to approve & curate the data. Built by and fully integrated with the worlds largest mtn bike website, Pinkbike.com
The Trailforks app is your mobile companion to the http://www.trailforks.com website. It allows you to download offline trail maps for use on your rides!
- The largest database of mountain bike trails in the world, including thousands of biking related POI's
- Offline trail maps and info. Region updates are incremental and fast
- See your GPS location on the map, for trail navigation
- Display trail & route elevation profiles and 'scrub' along them to see the location on the map
- View local routes that local bikers have created
- View trail ridelogs from users and discover how to ride a new trail
- Automatic trail routing from your location (or nearest parking lot), to the trailhead of your choosing
- Sync and view your saved 'Ride Plans' from http://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/planner/
- Follow race course routes including colored stages and checkpoints
- Lookup region & trail info including routes, photos, videos & more
- Use your phone’s compass to orientate the map in the direction you’re facing
- View trail status & reports! Always be informed of up-to-date trail conditions & closures
- Submit trail reports & conditions from the app, including taking photos of trail issues
- Support the areas you ride, by donating 'Trail Karma'
- View nearby bike shops on the map, quick links for directions or phoning the shop
- View trails on map color coded by popularity
- Mountain biking heatmap!
- View custom worldwide topo maps designed for mountain biking with contours
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 1.8
Bug fixes from our fall release.
Fall release notes:
-International language support, update translations over API
-Update includes (German,French,Spanish,Japanese,Polish,Italian,Chinese,Swedish)
-Create account from App
-Login with Facebook
-Map rotate compass mode
-Route sections (race stages)
-Trail navigate bar (back to list, swipe next)
-Simplified settings screen
-Choose directions app on iOS (Apple vs Google)
-New background gps location updating
I am using this app in Utah (Wasatch Front and St. George so far), and have found it to be super helpful. It is especially helpful to help me stay on unfamiliar trails.
My only complaint is that the voluntary donation system doesn't seem to be working right. Every mountain biker should download this app and provide feedback for the trails.
TF is the best guide for mountain biking trails in the Pacific Northwest.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Oct 25, 2016
- Version: 1.8
- Size: 49.4 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Fireroad Holdings Inc
- © 2015 Pinkbike.com
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.