By Demand Media, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Are you looking for the perfect hiking trail? Do you need a virtual compass to help navigate directions? Now you can view professional, high quality trail guides on-the-go!
The Trails.com app offers over 48,000 trail guides from the top outdoor publishers. Trail guides cover over twenty-four different outdoor activities including everything from mountain bike trails to off-road trails. You can search trails nearby, view details of specific trails and even get up-to-date weather conditions to ensure a quality outdoor experience.
· Ability to log in & gain unlimited access to all trail guides (requires a paid Trails.com subscription)
· Up-to-date weather conditions, elevation, gps location and time of sunrise/sunset of your current location
· Virtual compass for easy navigation
· Ability to search all trail types in any specific region
· Find places to hike, bike and other outdoor activities near you
· View specific details on all trails (includes trail type, distance, duration, elevation & skill level)
· Check out the current conditions of any trail
· Save your favorite trails for future reference
· View the map with all nearby trails icons for each specific activity
· Ability to view trail guides by region
The Trails.com app is FREE. Download this app today and get the tools and guidance you need for the optimal outdoor experience.
What's New in Version 1.0.5
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Updated for compatibility with iOS 5.1
Not worth the time
I actually tried the 14-day free trial and still don't know how much they plan on charging after its over - and am not sticking around to find out.
The app threw up a notification after reviewing two maps in 10 minutes that I had exceeded the free trial - for a grand total of a 15 minute free trial.
The maps? One that looks like it could be interactive but has no actual information about the trail they are suggesting. If you want to see that you have to view it in another place. The map with the real info about the trail was obviously scanned from a book. So if you want directions to the trail you use one map and if you want trail info you use a crappy static map...hope you don't get lost out there.
Ads seem to slow down app
So, I'm 14 days away from my auto-renewal date and I will likely cancel my subscription due to ads. I completely understand the presence of ads in any free app, however, at $50/year, once a subscriber logs in, the ads should go away. They seem cause the app to "stall" and it's annoying when I accidentally click on them. Fix it and you've got 5-stars and my $50 for renewing.
My personal trainer
I have used this web site for about 4 years. I'm happy to see that they have an app. The App. It's self seems faster and clearer than the web site. But that is probably because of my IPhone.
Use this site to find vacation destinations and get out and get fit.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Apr 18, 2012
- Version: 1.0.5
- Size: 8.1 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Demand Media, Inc.
- © 2010 Demand Media, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.