By Demand Media, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Are you looking for the perfect hiking trail? Do you need a virtual compass to help navigate directions? Now you can view professional, high quality trail guides on-the-go!
The Trails.com app offers over 48,000 trail guides from the top outdoor publishers. Trail guides cover over twenty-four different outdoor activities including everything from mountain bike trails to off-road trails. You can search trails nearby, view details of specific trails and even get up-to-date weather conditions to ensure a quality outdoor experience.
· Ability to log in & gain unlimited access to all trail guides (requires a paid Trails.com subscription)
· Up-to-date weather conditions, elevation, gps location and time of sunrise/sunset of your current location
· Virtual compass for easy navigation
· Ability to search all trail types in any specific region
· Find places to hike, bike and other outdoor activities near you
· View specific details on all trails (includes trail type, distance, duration, elevation & skill level)
· Check out the current conditions of any trail
· Save your favorite trails for future reference
· View the map with all nearby trails icons for each specific activity
· Ability to view trail guides by region
The Trails.com app is FREE. Download this app today and get the tools and guidance you need for the optimal outdoor experience.
What's New in Version 1.0.7
Bugs and Crash fixes
This app has so much potential but fails to live up to anything of the sort. I give it a zero+ because on startup it gives fairly accurate reading of location by lat/long & elevation & includes a compass bearing. After that however, this entire app FAILS MISERABLY because nothing works. Oh, actually password reset works, LOL. But the entire function of why one purchases the app, which is finding trails, well, it doesn't work at all! You cannot download ANYTHING. Constant error messages and unending failures. Pop ups and warnings work well:-(
Tried multiple times Uninstall/reinstall/software updates...nothing makes the app work. It's maddening because as an avid hiker, this app looked perfect. I decided even after all the bad reviews I'd try it (over a year ago) and despite my lunacy of hoping problems would get resolved and eventually it would function, I think the developers are hopeless as is the app. After over a year I'm giving up! A truly worthless waste of HD space on your Smartphone and more so a waste of time & energy/effort hoping to get it to work.
Deserves ZERO stars!
Hasn't worked for months
I used to be happy enough with this trails app. My biggest complaint was the annoying adds that appear despite the fact that I have a paid subscription. It was also frustrating that I couldn't just turn on/off activities. Every time you want to view an activity, you have to download it. When you want to hide that activity, you have to purge it from your phone (to be re-downloaded later when you need it again).
But then it stopped being usable - unable to download/sync trail data. It has been useless to me for months now.
The app only shows you a dot on the map where the trail is not a map of the trail. The background map is pretty bad. It doesn't even show rivers in some cases. You can't count on the map to verify water sources etc. The trail descriptions are well written. One suggestion: add a social media feature to allow users to add in their own trails! You are missing so many of the local ones. This app has a lot of potential. Keep working on it!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: May 19, 2014
- Version: 1.0.7
- Size: 12.2 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Demand Media, Inc.
- © 2010 Demand Media, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.