Chinese Writer by trainchinese
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Learn how to write thousands of Chinese characters - it's educational, entertaining and addictive!
— It's easy to play —
Characters fall from the top of the screen - you have to tap them and draw them correctly to score points. Just don't let them reach the bottom, or - kaboom! Let five of them drop and the game is finished! But the learning continues; you can review everything that you saw, complete with stroke order diagrams and testing at your own pace. Characters you made the most mistakes on are highlighted at the top of the list.
— It's more than a game —
• trainchinese Chinese Writer can test you on 5,300 Simplified and Traditional Chinese characters, and features stroke-order diagrams, English explanations and high quality audio recordings for every possible pronunciation of each one.
• The app remembers which characters you've had trouble writing and prioritises them in future games, as well as highlighting them in the character pack browsing screen.
• Includes an animated introduction to the basic rules for writing Chinese characters.
— It's suitable for everyone —
• Characters are divided into packs by difficulty according to the official HSK standard. Hundreds are included in this free download.
• Create your own packs by searching for characters by Pinyin. You can even mix Pinyin, English and Chinese characters in one search to find as many results as possible, and one tap adds them all to your custom pack.
• Your kids can play. Your grandmother can too. Now everyone can enjoy the pleasure of learning this beautiful system of writing.
• Whatever your writing level, you'll improve with trainchinese Chinese Writer. Beginners can start with simpler characters and at a slower pace, while experienced students will blaze their way through those HSK 4 hanzi!
— It's connected —
• Create your own character packs and share them with friends by email.
• Feeling proud of yourself? Share your high score with your friends via Twitter and Facebook.
• Already a trainchinese user? Download the characters you're learning into trainchinese Chinese Writer for free!
Learn to write Chinese characters with trainchinese Chinese Writer. It's educational, entertaining - and addictive!
What's New in Version 3.0.1
— create character packs from any text containing Chinese characters
— new typeface for menus
Great to character practice
This is the best game I have found for character practice. I basically ignored stroke order in class and never studied it but after playing this game over and over I simply learned from my mistakes. It's simple, write in wrong order and it will buzz you. Quick and FUN way to learn.
Please add a feature to not write two character words but to just see an example of a two character word as we write one of the characters.
Thanks for your time in this great app!
This app is not only a fantastic learning tool for writing Chinese (simplified or traditional), but it's also a really fun ADDICTING game!
I sought out the best writing app in order to learn how to write simplified characters and I knew what I wanted. I wanted to be able to trace over the characters and have it recognize when I make a mistake, and encourage me to do it right. I wanted to learn stroke order. I wanted to be able to choose any character at any time and just start training it. Finally I wanted to be able to keep a list of words I wanted to frequently practice. This app has all of that and it's very well implemented!
When I want to go for more of a challenge the option to switch into writing mode (not tracing) is there and erases the whole character once you begin the first stroke to see if you really know it. I've tried this mode already and it's not as scary as I thought. It's truly helpful and gives me one more way to master the writing.
To get more of a sense of actual writing I recommend using a stylus with this app. Then start trying to write it on paper. There are some Chinese writing worksheets you can find online that could be printed and help with that.
Lastly, I must say these guys who made the app also made trainchinese.com and a few other apps - ALL of which are excellent learning tools which I plan to use regularly. The apps all work great together in fact. If you buy a trainchinese.com subscription then you unlock all of the characters and everything in all of the apps. I went for the lifetime account since it makes the most sense at only about $70. I hope everyone gets this.
@taelin.ty 👈🏽 Insta
This app is so awsome! You guys should make some for Korean and Japanese!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Games
- Updated: Apr 19, 2016
- Version: 3.0.1
- Size: 24.7 MB
- Languages: English, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Molatra Limited
- © 2011 Molatra Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- All Additional Characters$9.99
- Additional Characters: 1B$0.99
- Additional Characters: 1C$0.99
- Additional Characters: 1D$0.99
- Additional Characters: 1E$0.99
- Additional Characters: 1F$0.99
- Additional Characters: 2B$0.99
- Additional Characters: 2C$0.99
- Additional Characters: 3B$0.99
- Additional Characters: 2D$0.99