Fitness App (by Trainerize)
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Trainerize is an online personal training platform that empowers fitness professionals and studios to better connect to their clients when training them online or in-person.
By combining both a trainer and client side experience, Trainerize allows fitness professionals to stay connected with their clients and manage their coaching business from their smartphones anytime, anywhere.
At the same time, Trainerize helps clients achieve their fitness goals by keeping them engaged with their trainers. Trainers help clients stay committed to their program through customized and comprehensive training plans and progress reports.
WHO CAN USE THE APP
Both fitness professionals and clients can use the app, however fitness professionals need an account to enable clients access to the app. Clients can only use the app if they are working with a trainer that uses Trainerize.
FEATURES FOR FITNESS PROFESSIONALS
- Build and deliver customized training plans built from workouts containing exercise pictures/videos for online and in-person fitness training
- Look up client training plans and progress stats, manage workout calendars, check clients in for workouts, and track current workouts
- Deliver meal plans or get access to professional meal planning tools right in the app
- Keep a full client contact list database and train them in-person at anytime
- Edit client workouts on the fly
- Add full client body stats including caliper body fat measurements
- Upload client progress photos
- Add new clients from the mobile app
- Message clients in real-time
- Connect to add-ons to extend your business and services (eg. MindBody Online, Evolution Nutrition, YouTube, PayPal, Skype, Facebook, Twitter)
FEATURES FOR CLIENTS:
- Access training plans, follow and check-in to workouts
- Schedule workouts and stay committed by beating your personal best
- Access meal plans if your coach sets them up
- Message your coach in real-time
- Track body stats and take progress photos
- Review past progress stats and graphs
- Set push notification reminders on days with scheduled workouts
- Connect to Withings devices to sync body stats instantly
IMPORTANT NOTE: This app is a companion app for businesses that use Trainerize. An online account is required. If you're a client, ask your trainer for your account details so you can login to this app. For more information visit our website.
What's New in Version 5.1.8
-Fixed crash issue when recording new exercise
-Fixed issue where client is able to build new workout when a program is empty
Pay too much for this
I update the app each time there is an update, but it never fails...the app is constantly crashing on my phone. When I’m trying to update client information, it freezes. I have to reset the app and constantly have to uninstall/reinstall. The app is supposed to be making my life easier, but lately, it’s been more of a heartache. This is why I recently changed my payment method to monthly. However, that doesn’t begin until November, so I’m currently stuck. When I first began using the app, it was flawless. I had no issues whatsoever. Now, it is unreliable. I don’t even use it when I’m doing face-to-face training sessions anymore because I’m on a time crunch and don’t have time to
Waste with the app. I also used to try new workout templates myself and now I am not able to do that because again, I don’t have the time to waste on trying to get it to work. I even have to tell my clients now to make sure they write the workouts in a notebook because I’ve had clients that have had issues with the app as well. I understand that it is technology, but this is getting ridiculous. It makes me want to try and find something else to use...only issue is I like the features I have...when they work...please keep working on the app. I miss the ease of use it used to have:-(
Crashes every workout, PRs lost!
Update 1/2/18 - another update, same problems.
Update 11/30 - Same problems.
Update 11/27 - Same problems exist! I started my workout today just after updating the app. I then switched to another app (music), came back to Trainerize, and boom!—crashed again. This is laughable now. The fact the devs don’t even respond to these reviews like other developers tells you all you need to know about how little they care and the minimal pride they have in their work. The devs have given up.
Update 10/28 - same problems. Pleeeeeeaaaasssseeeee fix!
Updated Review 10/17 - memory enhancements? Looks like the update missed the mark again. Crash Crash Crash. Seriously, this app gets worse with every update. I am only using this app because my trainer requires it, and I have been trying to get him to switch.
Updated Review 10/15 - another update, and the same problems exist that I have noted below.
Updated Review 10/11 - crashes even after update. Oh the irony—it crashed while typing this review!
Update: keeps crashing.
Updated Review, Again: yes, more people reporting the same issue. This app keeps crashing during workouts and has not been fixed in 6 months.
Updated Review: Another update and it still crashes in the middle of a workout. More PRs lost. Yay!
Edit: even after new update: crash!
This app allows your trainer to virtually be with you every time your at the gym. The videos that are attached are extremely helpful to ensure correct form! The timer function for rest periods is great. The app also makes it extremely easy to track your reps AND weights as you work out!!