Trainerize is an online personal training platform that empowers fitness professionals and studios to better connect to their clients when training them online or in-person.
By combining both a trainer and client side experience, Trainerize allows fitness professionals to stay connected with their clients and manage their coaching business from their smartphones anytime, anywhere.
At the same time, Trainerize helps clients achieve their fitness goals by keeping them engaged with their trainers. Trainers help clients stay committed to their program through customized and comprehensive training plans and progress reports.
WHO CAN USE THE APP
Both fitness professionals and clients can use the app, however fitness professionals need an account to enable clients access to the app. Clients can only use the app if they are working with a trainer that uses Trainerize.
FEATURES FOR FITNESS PROFESSIONALS
- Build and deliver customized training plans built from workouts containing exercise pictures/videos for online and in-person fitness training
- Look up client training plans and progress stats, manage workout calendars, check clients in for workouts, and track current workouts
- Deliver meal plans or get access to professional meal planning tools right in the app
- Keep a full client contact list database and train them in-person at anytime
- Edit client workouts on the fly
- Add full client body stats including caliper body fat measurements
- Upload client progress photos
- Add new clients from the mobile app
- Message clients in real-time
- Connect to add-ons to extend your business and services (eg. MindBody Online, Evolution Nutrition, YouTube, PayPal, Skype, Facebook, Twitter)
FEATURES FOR CLIENTS:
- Access training plans, follow and check-in to workouts
- Schedule workouts and stay committed by beating your personal best
- Access meal plans if your coach sets them up
- Message your coach in real-time
- Track body stats and take progress photos
- Review past progress stats and graphs
- Set push notification reminders on days with scheduled workouts
- Connect to Withings devices to sync body stats instantly
IMPORTANT NOTE: This app is a companion app for businesses that use Trainerize. An online account is required. If you're a client, ask your trainer for your account details so you can login to this app. For more information visit our website.
ONE-WAY AND TWO-WAY MESSAGING
Control which clients can message you and keep your message inbox organized with new one-way and two-way messaging options.
HIGH-VOLUME BUSINESS FEATURES
Train more clients than ever before, and manage your team of trainers with ease using new home location and client filters, enhanced trainer roles, and more.
We’ve made back-end improvements to bring you an even better app experience.
Ratings and Reviews
The app doesn’t crash, but the user interface is poor. Instead of easy to understand Start/Pause/Stop buttons, it has buttons labeled Check In and Track. They both end the workout unexpectedly. For example, if you try to watch a trainer video when you’re on the Track screen, the workout ends. You never get a confirmation screen of whether you want a workout to end.
You can edit the labels on the workout items, but the edits don’t stay saved. And you can make the edits only when a workout is in progress, not in advance. Same goes for rearranging the order.
It seems the developers didn’t research standard software conventions or look at well-made apps before creating this one.
Great App For Trainers who want to have a more professional approach!
This is a great app, especially once you start creating some plans with it and customize your own videos! If you purchase the branding option and start making your own videos as well use some of the stock videos when you first start using the app. It will give a more professional approach to online and in person training! I believe if you’re a online trainer who wants to make it big, this app should definitely be in your tool box!
Only downside is a massive glitch
I want to preface this review with this: I love this app!!!!!!
The massive problem though is I’ve had to re-download this 5 times now because often times when I open it, even if I just had it open, it will be just a blank white screen and load nothing. It has happened 5 times now and that is the only thing that makes this a 4/5 app, not 5/5. Just frustrating to be in the middle of a workout and you need to take 5 minutes to re-download:(
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.