Trainline is the quickest and easiest solution for booking train tickets online in Europe. Since 2011, more than 1.8 million users trust us to book their tickets in France (SNCF, iDTGV, OUIGO, OUIBUS), Germany (Deutsche Bahn, HKX), Italy (Trenitalia, Italo, Thello), Spain (Renfe), the U.K. (Eurostar), Switzerland (Lyria), and Belgium and the Netherlands (Thalys).
==== TRAINLINE: THE NEW NAME FOR CAPTAIN TRAIN ====
Back in March 2016, we said hello to Captain Train—our French equivalent—and teamed up with them to build the best online train ticket platform in Europe. Captain Train is now part of the Trainline Group and our team and our mission remain the same: we’re here to make train travel easier and smarter for people in the UK, France and the whole of Europe.
==== WHAT THE MEDIA SAYS ABOUT US ====
“It’s already built up a fanbase by being more user-friendly” — The Guardian
“This looks good. The whole site is clean, fast and zippy. If only all travel booking was like this!”— Business Insider
“In most cases, I now recommend using www.trainline.eu” — Mark from Seat61.com
==== BUY TICKETS AT THE BEST PRICE ====
• Pay no booking fees or hidden costs. We have the lowest prices.
• Select your preferred seats for the train
• Find and book tickets for all trains in France, Germany, Italy, Spain and nearby countries: TGV, ICE, Eurostar, Thalys, Lyria, Renfe, etc.
• Find the best prices amongst the most comprehensive offers: Prem’s, Loisir, iDTGV, etc.
• Take advantage of your discount and loyalty cards: Eurostar Frequent Traveller, Thalys TheCard, etc.
• Pay whenever you want, thanks to our pre-booking feature.
• Pay however you want: Visa, MasterCard, AMEX or PayPal.
• Exchange or cancel your tickets within the app.
==== BOOK YOUR TRIP SUPER FAST ====
• Register your loyalty and discount cards along with your personal information.
• Save time by creating a passenger profile for any fellow travellers.
• Select your favourite destinations instantly.
• Review your upcoming or previous journeys.
• Receive your e-tickets in PDF format or store them on your loyalty card.
• Add your journeys to your calendar and Passbook in only one click.
==== TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE? ====
Like many users you may ask yourself how we make money.
It is quite simple. Like any other official travel agent (certified by the SNCF or the Deutsche Bahn) we earn a commission for each ticket sold. There is no additional fee for our clients because our prices are aligned with the rail operator’s fares.
==== YOU HAVE READ THIS FAR? ====
You rock! Tweet “the wagon is mobile”, and mention @trainline_eu. We will answer you with some emoji hearts and a train picture.
*Getting Down to Business*
If you’re using Trainline for Business you can now add custom fields to keep a closer eye on your company’s travel. All things accounted for in the accounting department!
We squashed some tough bugs that you kindly reported to us. We thank you very much for your help!
Ratings and Reviews
Easily book your train tickets at the best price.
OK until something goes wrong
The translations and UI in English a bit hard to follow, but overall fairly easy to use. When our first train was cancelled (with no notice that 8 heard) we were able to board the replacement no problem showing the fix on the phone. However when trying to arrange a new connection it was very difficult and took a lot of waiting in line. Finally received great personal attention when I thought we’d never make it to front of line in time, the agent printed out the fix, said needed special attention with the discount(which I didn’t understand) but we got it. No seat assignments which made it difficult and awkward but it worked. Think we lucky. Train problems not app’s fault, but no good advice on how to fix the problem which would have been a huge help.
Doesn't provide ALL routes, but gives the best
I've been searching for a European train app for (mostly) research and planning purposes. Until now, iRail was the best. In my tests, Trainline provides most (not all) of your train route options, but it does provide the fastest routes. I mean, why choose the one option which takes an hour longer? While I tend to want to make the most informed decision and know all my options, the truth is, I would never take the least efficient option, so Trainline EU is my new go-to train app.. Another plus: a great help section! I like that they provide known strike information and user recourse.
- Capitaine Train
- 67.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2009 - 2017 Capitaine Train SAS
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.