By Capitaine Train
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Trainline is the quickest and easiest solution for booking train tickets online in Europe. Since 2011, more than 1.8 million users trust us to book their tickets in France (SNCF, iDTGV, OUIGO, OUIBUS), Germany (Deutsche Bahn, HKX), Italy (Trenitalia, Italo, Thello), Spain (Renfe), the U.K. (Eurostar), Switzerland (Lyria), and Belgium and the Netherlands (Thalys).
==== TRAINLINE: THE NEW NAME FOR CAPTAIN TRAIN ====
Back in March 2016, we said hello to Captain Train—our French equivalent—and teamed up with them to build the best online train ticket platform in Europe. Captain Train is now part of the Trainline Group and our team and our mission remain the same: we’re here to make train travel easier and smarter for people in the UK, France and the whole of Europe.
==== WHAT THE MEDIA SAYS ABOUT US ====
“It’s already built up a fanbase by being more user-friendly” — The Guardian
“This looks good. The whole site is clean, fast and zippy. If only all travel booking was like this!”— Business Insider
“In most cases, I now recommend using www.trainline.eu” — Mark from Seat61.com
==== BUY TICKETS AT THE BEST PRICE ====
• Pay no booking fees or hidden costs. We have the lowest prices.
• Select your preferred seats for the train
• Find and book tickets for all trains in France, Germany, Italy, Spain and nearby countries: TGV, ICE, Eurostar, Thalys, Lyria, Renfe, etc.
• Find the best prices amongst the most comprehensive offers: Prem’s, Loisir, iDTGV, etc.
• Take advantage of your discount and loyalty cards: Eurostar Frequent Traveller, Thalys TheCard, etc.
• Pay whenever you want, thanks to our pre-booking feature.
• Pay however you want: Visa, MasterCard, AMEX or PayPal.
• Exchange or cancel your tickets within the app.
==== BOOK YOUR TRIP SUPER FAST ====
• Register your loyalty and discount cards along with your personal information.
• Save time by creating a passenger profile for any fellow travellers.
• Select your favourite destinations instantly.
• Review your upcoming or previous journeys.
• Receive your e-tickets in PDF format or store them on your loyalty card.
• Add your journeys to your calendar and Passbook in only one click.
==== TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE? ====
Like many users you may ask yourself how we make money.
It is quite simple. Like any other official travel agent (certified by the SNCF or the Deutsche Bahn) we earn a commission for each ticket sold. There is no additional fee for our clients because our prices are aligned with the rail operator’s fares.
==== YOU HAVE READ THIS FAR? ====
You rock! Tweet “the wagon is mobile”, and mention @trainline_eu. We will answer you with some emoji hearts and a train picture.
What's New in Version 42
Honey I Shrunk the Departure Boards
We powered up the ray gun and managed to fit the live departure boards of French stations into your mobile device. Open the app, pick a station and watch the trains take off.
Paint Your Wagon
We’ve given some areas of the app a quick coat of paint to add some glamour. You’ll notice that the search form took on some flashy new colours!
Super easy for the uneducated American trying to find her way around France. I love that it gives different options of Train vs Bus.
This is a simple, well designed, and very easy to use app. I'm extremely impressed!
Booked all our trains for 2 weeks in Europe fora third the price of eurail pass and lot less hassle!!
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Jul 31, 2017
- Version: 42
- Size: 53.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Capitaine Train
- © 2009 - 2017 Capitaine Train SAS
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.