Trainz Simulator 2
By N3V Games Pty Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Trainz Simulator 2 brings all new driving experiences, spectacular new high detailed content, the best world building tools and now comes with Multiplayer!
Trianz Simulator 2 is the biggest and best 3D Train Simulator on Mac allowing you to Build and operate the railroad of your dreams. You can build a fun layout in minutes, faithfully recreate a steam railroad from days gone by or develop a fully fledged 100+ mile prototypical route; the choice is yours.
Play and Interact with other Trainz players from all over the world
Drive Steam, Diesel and Electric Trains (and even trams, boats and cars)
Operate a complete working rail line with interactive industries
Build and customize your own living railroad
Share your creations and your passion with other rail fans
• Feel what its like to put your hands on the controls of powerful locomotives as they steam through towns, cities and rolling countryside
• Design and Build your own railroads with Trainz Surveyor and access hundreds of thousands of assets from the Trainz Download Station
• Share your enthusiasm with other rail fans as your combine your efforts to operate a working rail line in the new Trainz Multiplayer.
• Satellite View - Zoom all the way out and view your railroad from satellite distance
• Brand new interactive Railyard to test drive all your locomotives and consists!
• Purchase and download hundreds of thousands of free assets and all the latest DLC right from within the game
• New Routes and Session Menus
• More realistic trees with new SpeedTree Assets
• Backward compatible with TS2010 content
• Southern China
• ECML Kings Cross - Newcastle
• Balezino - Mosti
• Debrecen - Nyiregyhaza
• Mojave Sub Division
• Municipal transit railway
• Norfolk & Western - Appalachian Coal
• Northeast Corridor - Wilmington To Philadelphia
What's New in Version 2.0.1
10.6.6 Support Added
New Manage Content Thumbnail Interface
Minor updates and fixes.
Achingly slow updates, game runs fine on ancient hardware
Downloadabe content is coming over at 4.5 KB/s. It's still downloading the updates since last night. This doesn't fill me with confdence that a purchased add-on will ever download before the month is up. Buy some new hosting, guys! Or are you still running that 90s share-site business model of paying extra, over what we've already paid for, just to get broadband access to updates?
For the game itself, it runs surprisingly well on hardware that Apple doesn't support any more. The previous iteration used to crash as soon as it asked for OpenGL. With this release, it was (before I made the mistake of downloading updates) working lovely on this Early 2008 MacBook. This fills me with confidence the other way, that the base game will run very nicely on my nVidia-equipped machines.
If I only knew what I was doing
I grew up in a railroad family. My father worked for the Union Pacific RR and we traveled all over the US on many different lines, and this goes back to the 40’s to the 60’s including the days of steam. I played with O gauge and HO gauge trains all my life. And I have been thrilled to be playing Trainz now. I feel Omnipotent to be able to create worlds of mountains, oceans, plaines and rivers.
I only wish that I knew what I was doing. I get frustrated at my inability to design a layout that works properly and to be able to find the engines and buildings that I want to include in my layout. I have trouble locating the items I want to include because of the current labeling system. Especially when so many are in another language. A simple farm house might be in any one of a dozen locations.
I have yet to find a “how to” set of instructions that addresses the concerns of someone like me. I am 81 years old and I’m not the sharpest turn in the rail yard. Plus my computer skills are not the greatest.
In spite of this, I love dabbling and creating my own routes and especially enjoy some of the animated industries. It’s like going back to my youth when I watched the scenarios that I now try to recreate.
A Tremendous Layout Design Tool
I have not been active in model railroading since 1986. Now that I am again active in the hobby and plan on building my own layout I have found that Trainz 2 is a fantastic tool to design a layout and actually operate it before any benchwork is built and track is purchased. Trainz helps you focus your ideas to what actually works and helps avoid false starts and overly optimistic planning. In many ways, Trainz is like being able to test drive a car before you buy it. It also makes it possible to duplicate published track plans to see what features are worth encorporating into your own layout.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jun 10, 2014
- Version: 2.0.1
- Size: 8.55 GB
- Language: English
- Seller: N3V Games Pty Ltd
- © N3V Games PTY LTD
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later
Top In-App Purchases
- Nickel Plate High Speed Freight Set$19.99
- Blue Comet$9.99
- Murchison 2$19.99
- Classic Cabon City$19.99
- PRR T1 - A Fleet of Modernism$9.99
- CSX Transportation - EMD SD60M YN3$6.99
- BNSF Railway - EMD SD70MAC - Heritage 3$6.99
- BNSF Railway - EMD SD70MAC Executive Patch$6.99
- BNSF Railway - EMD SD70MAC - Heritage$6.99