By NATIVE INSTRUMENTS GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The world’s #1 pro DJ software brings high-impact DJing to iPad. Touch your tracks and create stunning mixes in seconds.
"Incredibly well designed and packed with great features." (WIRED)
"Traktor DJ for iPad is better than turntables." (Gizmodo)
"It's wonderfully tactile and a lot of fun." (The Guardian)
"Traktor DJ brings real DJ tools to the masses." (The Verge)
"They worked on every little detail to get the app just right." (Loop Insight)
Note: We’re working closely with Apple to fix the remaining iOS 7 compatibility issues with TRAKTOR AUDIO 2, TRAKTOR KONTROL S4, and TRAKTOR KONTROL S2 and expect a solution very soon. These products are still fully compatible with TRAKTOR DJ on iOS 6.
///ABOUT TRAKTOR DJ
- Revolutionary DJ app by Native Instruments – makers of the leading pro DJ software
- Touch the groove using familiar iPad swipe and pinch gestures
- Familiar DJ mixer layout with crossfader, 3-band EQ, and filter on each channel
- Direct access to your iTunes music library from TRAKTOR DJ
- Stylish waveform display allows for simple looping and ultra-tight scratching
- Intelligent browser recommends songs based on compatible tempo and key
- Automatic tempo and key detection plus BPM sync for super-smooth mixing
- Innovative Notification Center gives you in-app access to essential tips and undiscovered techniques
- 8 built-in pro DJ effects including Reverb, Delay, and dramatic glitch effects like BeatMasher
- Plug-and-play integration with hardware controllers TRAKTOR KONTROL Z1, TRAKTOR KONTROL S2 and S4
- External mixer mode for sending individual deck outputs to separate mixer channels (if used with TRAKTOR hardware or splitter cable)
- Use TRAKTOR DJ CABLE for pre-listening to the incoming track before the crowd hears it
- Enhanced time-stretching, powered by élastique efficient V2 engine by zplane.development
- New Flux mode – remix your tracks live, then drop back in at exactly the right moment
- Record your mixes live in high-quality on the iPad and share with your friends
///HARDWARE AND SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Minimum requirements are iPad mini, iPad 2, iPad (3rd generation) or higher, and iOS 6.0 or higher. iPad 4 recommended.
///VIDEOS AND MORE
Watch the TRAKTOR DJ intro video:
Listen to selected TRAKTOR DJ effects:
Check out the TRAKTOR DJ Knowledge Base for support information:
///ELEVATE YOUR MIX
Want to get physical with TRAKTOR DJ? Check out the 2-channel mixer, controller, and soundcard TRAKTOR KONTROL Z1:
Want total physical control for TRAKTOR DJ? Try TRAKTOR KONTROL S2 or S4 DJ controllers. These pro-grade, all-in-one DJ systems combine with TRAKTOR DJ to unlock additional features like Beatjumps, chained effects, and Classic DJ mode with jog-wheel tempo bending (sync and keylock off).
And for ultimate simplicity and portability, check out the TRAKTOR DJ CABLE:
Learn more about the wide world of TRAKTOR:
What's New in Version 1.3.3
TRAKTOR DJ 1.3.3 offers a lot of small fixes that improve overall quality, stability, and usability:
- Better overall touch action e.g. navigating the waveform in Mix View on iPhone
- You can now block accidental loading of a track into a playing deck – activate this
in the preferences
- New tempo selector control
- Track Volume Fader is now like the EQ faders, with the same tap-to-reset feature
This app is truly amazing!
NI has really set the bar for all DJ apps by infusing Traktor into an iPad.
I have been using this for several parties and at home since the day It was released.
This app does everything you could ask for. Automatically syncs and analyzes music, tempo and pitch change accordingly, loading music is a breeze, and the effects work flawless.
Upon loading a song, it is already analyzed for you (tempo and everything) with the option to make minor and major adjustments. When mixing in the next song, instead of worrying to press play right on beat, it will automatically sync it in time and play that measure with the beat. EQ sliders are accurate with absolutely no distortion (considering it's all played through a 1.5mm headphone jack).
When choosing the next song, it will give you recommended music accordingly with what is currently playing and what tempo it is at. When going through waveforms (which give a clear and easy to identify waveform) you can navigate the waveform to find what you want to play without disturbing the music, and jump anywhere in sync. The Flux feature allows you to tap any beat or measure while the song continues undisturbed.
This app truly does everything. It's practically a touch screen controller!
I really wanted to like it, but...
I really, really, wanted to like Traktor DJ, but unfortunately it falls short in some key areas.
1. No pitch control. It's nice to change tempo and keep the pitch, but it should have an option to change the tempo and change the pitch too.
2. Recordings are half the volume of the original! Try this: record a track and then load up the recorded next to the original. It is much lower volume. Which brings up my next point,
3. No auto gain!! Come on! In this day and age DJ software should match levels between tracks automatically.
4. There is Dropbox integration, why can't I save my recordings to Dropbox?
5. Most other apps allow opening in another app. Why can't I open my recordings in another app?
6. It would be nice to have an auto EQ option. For example as you cross fade between tracks it lowers the bass and treble on one track while it raises on the other.
Although I like some of the other features in Traktor, it's not the DJ app that I reach for because of the above shortcomings.
If these things are addressed I would give the app 5 stars.
I can't believe some of the reviews
Man you people are too used to what gimmicky apps do than actual dj equipment does.
Does it have as many features as some, no, but as far as making a dj mix, actually mixing music it is superior. They are keeping it tight so it has less glitches and when a feature becomes more stable I'm sure they'll add it. You can use this with Native Instrument equipment making it more than just jamming in your headphones.
I'd pass on other dj apps until you decide this one isn't for you.