By NATIVE INSTRUMENTS GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The world’s #1 pro DJ software brings high-impact DJing to iPad. Touch your tracks and create stunning mixes in seconds.
"Incredibly well designed and packed with great features." (WIRED)
"Traktor DJ for iPad is better than turntables." (Gizmodo)
"It's wonderfully tactile and a lot of fun." (The Guardian)
"Traktor DJ brings real DJ tools to the masses." (The Verge)
"They worked on every little detail to get the app just right." (Loop Insight)
///ABOUT TRAKTOR DJ
- Revolutionary DJ app by Native Instruments – makers of the leading pro DJ software
- Touch the groove using familiar iPad swipe and pinch gestures
- Familiar DJ mixer layout with crossfader, 3-band EQ, and filter on each channel
- Direct access to your iTunes music library from TRAKTOR DJ
- Stylish waveform display allows for simple looping and ultra-tight scratching
- Intelligent browser recommends songs based on compatible tempo and key
- Automatic tempo and key detection plus BPM sync for super-smooth mixing
- Innovative Notification Center gives you in-app access to essential tips and undiscovered techniques
- 8 built-in pro DJ effects including Reverb, Delay, and dramatic glitch effects like BeatMasher
- Plug-and-play integration with hardware controllers TRAKTOR KONTROL Z1, TRAKTOR KONTROL S2 and S4
- External mixer mode for sending individual deck outputs to separate mixer channels (if used with TRAKTOR hardware or splitter cable)
- Use TRAKTOR DJ CABLE for pre-listening to the incoming track before the crowd hears it
- Enhanced time-stretching, powered by élastique efficient V2 engine by zplane.development
- New Flux mode – remix your tracks live, then drop back in at exactly the right moment
- Record your mixes live in high-quality on the iPad and share with your friends
///HARDWARE AND SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Minimum requirements are iPad mini, iPad 2, iPad (3rd generation) or higher, and iOS 6.0 or higher. iPad 4 recommended.
///VIDEOS AND MORE
Watch the TRAKTOR DJ intro video:
Listen to selected TRAKTOR DJ effects:
Check out the TRAKTOR DJ Knowledge Base for support information:
///ELEVATE YOUR MIX
Want to get physical with TRAKTOR DJ? Check out the 2-channel mixer, controller, and soundcard TRAKTOR KONTROL Z1:
Want total physical control for TRAKTOR DJ? Try TRAKTOR KONTROL S2 or S4 DJ controllers. These pro-grade, all-in-one DJ systems combine with TRAKTOR DJ to unlock additional features like Beatjumps, chained effects, and Classic DJ mode with jog-wheel tempo bending (sync and keylock off).
Small. Loud. iOS Ready. TRAKTOR AUDIO 2 is the ultra-portable DJ soundcard – ideal for TRAKTOR DJ: www.native-instruments.com/traktoraudio2
Learn more about the wide world of TRAKTOR:
What's New in Version 1.3.3
TRAKTOR DJ 1.3.3 offers a lot of small fixes that improve overall quality, stability, and usability:
- Better overall touch action e.g. navigating the waveform in Mix View on iPhone
- You can now block accidental loading of a track into a playing deck – activate this
in the preferences
- New tempo selector control
- Track Volume Fader is now like the EQ faders, with the same tap-to-reset feature
This app is truly amazing!
NI has really set the bar for all DJ apps by infusing Traktor into an iPad.
I have been using this for several parties and at home since the day It was released.
This app does everything you could ask for. Automatically syncs and analyzes music, tempo and pitch change accordingly, loading music is a breeze, and the effects work flawless.
Upon loading a song, it is already analyzed for you (tempo and everything) with the option to make minor and major adjustments. When mixing in the next song, instead of worrying to press play right on beat, it will automatically sync it in time and play that measure with the beat. EQ sliders are accurate with absolutely no distortion (considering it's all played through a 1.5mm headphone jack).
When choosing the next song, it will give you recommended music accordingly with what is currently playing and what tempo it is at. When going through waveforms (which give a clear and easy to identify waveform) you can navigate the waveform to find what you want to play without disturbing the music, and jump anywhere in sync. The Flux feature allows you to tap any beat or measure while the song continues undisturbed.
This app truly does everything. It's practically a touch screen controller!
great, but missing many features around playlists
I am really happy with this app. Here is a list of the main missing features from my pov as I am moving from Traktor Pro 2:
- cruise mode so that i can just let a playlist play through before i actually start playing my set
- preview button in the browser
- a special playlist to which i can quickly add tracks for the current set i am playing
- a way to reorder multiple tracks at once within playlists as i tend to prepare blocks of 3-4 tracks that play well together or in sequence
- automatic history playlist with all the tracks played during a set including export (then again if the dropbox sync works again no export would be needed) as i publish track listings of sets i have played on my blog
- the current set playlist and history feature would also allow marking tracks already played or planned to play in the track browser
- quick way to reset the tempo back to the default tempo of the track
- accelerometer support for fx and filters
that being said, its depressing how little movement there is by NI. nothing has been done in months .. beyond fixing the dropbox sync.
I really wanted to like it, but...
I really, really, wanted to like Traktor DJ, but unfortunately it falls short in some key areas.
1. No pitch control. It's nice to change tempo and keep the pitch, but it should have an option to change the tempo and change the pitch too.
2. Recordings are half the volume of the original! Try this: record a track and then load up the recorded next to the original. It is much lower volume. Which brings up my next point,
3. No auto gain!! Come on! In this day and age DJ software should match levels between tracks automatically.
4. There is Dropbox integration, why can't I save my recordings to Dropbox?
5. Most other apps allow opening in another app. Why can't I open my recordings in another app?
6. It would be nice to have an auto EQ option. For example as you cross fade between tracks it lowers the bass and treble on one track while it raises on the other.
Although I like some of the other features in Traktor, it's not the DJ app that I reach for because of the above shortcomings.
If these things are addressed I would give the app 5 stars.