Wärtsilä iSailor is an easy-to-use marine and river navigation application for amateur seafarers.
iSailor provides a clear presentation of navigational information, electronic charts and additional content.
TX-97 vector charts supported by iSailor are recognized worldwide as one of the most accurate and reliable sources of navigational information.
Check out the chart folios available for purchase on our website: isailor.us
Chart folios can be purchased and downloaded in the iSailor Chart Store utilizing the standard iTunes Store payment/purchasing procedure. Chart correction service is provided on annual basis via the auto-renewable subscription service. iTunes will charge payment after confirmation of the chart correction purchase. You may manage your subscriptions and turn off the auto-renewal service in the Account Settings. Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renewal is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the subscription period. You can cancel your subscription in the Chart Store any time. All previously purchased chart folios will remain available for you and can be restored from the service via the Chart Restore function. To receive subsequent chart corrections for your purchased charts, you will need to subscribe to the annual updates in the Chart Store.
The application works on iPhone and iPad using built-in GPS, NMEA Wi-Fi GPS or an external Bluetooth GPS.
Supported devices (iOS version 9.3.5 and higher):
• iPhone 4S or higher
• iPad - 2nd generation or higher
• Positioning system: iOS (Built-In GPS), NMEA GPS or AIS Class B (Option)
• AIS Class A NavData interface (Option)
• NMEA Heading and Rate-Of-Turn sensors (Option)
• NMEA Echo Sounder with a graphical 2D echogram and water temperature sensor (Option)
• NMEA Wind Sensor, including True & Relative wind calculation (Option)
• NMEA Autopilot interface (Option)
• Display of charts, routes, track(s) and user objects
• AIS target presentation. Target contours and dimensions (Option)
• Internet AIS service (Optional subscription)
• Weather service (Optional subscription)
• Tides and tidal currents (Optional subscription)
• Sailing guides, regional marinas (Optional subscription)
• North Up, COG Up, Head Up and Route Up chart orientations
• Information on any vector chart objects
• Free cursor, Point-To-Point and Own ship referenced ERBL functionality
• Monitoring of navigational data: Position, Course (COG) and Speed Over Ground (SOG)
• Route creation by the graphic and tabular methods. “Go To” routes.
• Waypoint monitoring: Bearing to WP, Distance to WP, XTD, Time-To-Go and ETA
• Schedule information: Time-To-Go and ETA to any selected waypoint ahead
• Multi-language support
• Multi-unit support
• Custom track colors
• Day and night chart palettes
• Alarm monitoring functionality
• Route, track and user object: export/import via GPX, KML and KMZ formats
• Advanced Logging and Playback function (Option)
• User object sharing via Facebook, Twitter, iMessenger, eMail
NOTE: Continuous use of the GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease the battery life. Wärtsilä iSailor application may use your location even when it’s not open, which can decrease battery life of the device
iSailor web site: http://www.isailor.us
iSailor EULA: http://www.transas.com/legal/Wartsila_Voyage_EULA.pdf
iSailor Privacy Notice: http://www.transas.com/Media/Default/Downloads/Wartsila_Voyage_Privacy_Notice.pdf
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com
What’s new in Wärtsilä iSailor
In this latest release, we are introducing a new annual subscription service. This means that all newly purchased chart folios will include a free correction service available to you all year round.
Whenever you choose your next sailing destination and purchase the chart folio through the Chart Store, you will see the subscription end-date for your correction service under the folio name.
Each time when a chart update is available, you will see a star notification and an update button in the Chart Store.
Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renewal is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the subscription period. You can cancel your subscription in the Chart Store any time.
All previously purchased chart folios will remain available for you and can be restored from the service via the Chart Restore function. To receive subsequent chart corrections for your purchased charts, you will need to subscribe to the annual updates in the Chart Store.
NOTE: App Store will charge payment after confirmation of the chart correction purchase. You may manage your subscriptions and turn off the auto-renewal service in the Account Settings. If you re-subscribe, your new subscription will be automatically updated at the current price unless you cancel chart update service before the subscription period ends in Settings -> iTunes & App Store -> Apple ID -> View Apple ID -> Account -> Subscriptions.
We hope you enjoy this update and improved version of iSailor!
Ratings and Reviews
Rip off change to subscription pricing
As a long time user of iSailor, I am extremely disappointed by the move to subscription. Hiding behind the fact that deep in the terms and conditions it says you have the right to change is pathetic when the change is of this magnitude. It is also short sighted - with the previous model I would buy charts that were of transient interest rather than necessary for everyday use. If I continue to use the product at all, I will now stick to the charts I actually need - a small subset of those that I have purchased over the years. I certainly won’t be buying additional portfolios.
If you have to move to subscription, it would have been better to have a single charge for all updates. I’m sure your spreadsheet experts will ‘prove’ that this won’t generate as much money as doing this by chart portfolio but I think they underestimate the extent to which people will simply go elsewhere with the current model.
My assumption is that the target market for this product is no longer the recreational sailor. The good news is that there are plenty of alternatives.
Very bad business decision!
I have enjoyed your software for the last three years, and have found it to be very reliable and easy to use. I have used your charts to voyage up and down the east coast of the U.S. and also trips to Bermuda. The charts have proven very accurate and affordable - - up until now. The decision to go “subscription based” has caught many of us by surprise. The concept of buying a chart, and then having periodic updates was very appealing, and was a major factor in my decision to use your software. To change this support policy retroactively has made for many unhappy and disappointed customers whose ranks I have now joined. I would urge you to reconsider your business decision, and come up with a plan to rectify this current situation. If nothing is done in future revisions, I will be compelled to look for alternative navigation solutions, as I am sure many other loyal customers will also.
I have been using this app for years. I have spent a fair amount of money on different chart regions over the years as I felt it was a decent value and it offered updates for free. Remember that US charts (ENC) are free to the public. I felt that paying for them through isailor was worth it as the app provided value. To now change the rules to long time app owners and say that if I want to update my charts I have to re-purchase my charts all over again every year would mean an annual cost of nearly $120 every year. There are just better options out there in this market. This company may want to seriously consider grandfathering prior isailor owners or it is likely that this nose dive towards a 1 star rating will continue. If you just sail in one region, it might be worth it. But if you sail in multiple regions, the cost is prohibitive. Disappointed.
- Transas Marine International AB
- 73.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Chinese, Danish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- Copyright © 2010-2018 Wärtsilä Voyage Limited. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- AIS Receiver Support $9.99
- Tides & Currents subscription $9.99
- Internet AIS Service 1 year subscription $15.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.