** App Store Best of 2015 Selection **
*Transistor requires at least an iPhone 5, iPad 4, or iPad mini 2.*
FROM THE CREATORS OF BASTION: Experience a science fiction action RPG like no other! Wield an extraordinary weapon of unknown origin as you fight through a stunning futuristic city.
BUILT FOR TOUCH: Transistor for iOS features the vibrant presentation and deep combat that Transistor is known for, with an intuitive new touch interface -- or switch to Classic Controls with optional gamepad support.
IT'S YOUR TURN: Transistor seamlessly integrates thoughtful strategic planning into a fast-paced action experience.
FIGHT YOUR WAY: Configure the powerful Transistor with thousands of possible Function combinations to overcome any obstacle.
UNRAVEL THE STORY: Piece together the Transistor's mysteries as you pursue its former owners through a rich and atmospheric story.
INFINITE RECURSION: 'Recursion' option introduces all-new battles after finishing the story.
UNIVERSAL APP: Play on iPad, iPhone, or the new Apple TV with save data stored via iCloud.
- Voice-over: English
- Text and subtitles: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Simplified Chinese (based on language setting)
+ Improved support for iPhone X and iPad Pro
+ Bug fixes and general improvements
Ratings and Reviews
From the makers of indie masterpiece Bastion, this stunning RPG thrusts you into a hauntingly beautiful sci-fi world brimming with intrigue. To unravel the mysteries of Cloudbank, you’ll need to fight robotic goons in intense tactical battles while modifying your weapon with powerful new abilities. Transistor’s gorgeous artwork, affecting soundtrack, and riveting story all blend to create a truly one-of-a-kind experience.
One of the best games ever.
I got this for the Apple TV and it was amazing. The art style is incredible and the music is A++. When you set down the controller, Red starts humming along to the music, which was enough to make me swoon by itself. The gameplay is very fluid and the different ability combos you can create really add a lot of diversity to the play styles you can choose from. There are only two issues I had that are preventing me from giving a 5 star review. First, the aiming system for the Apple Remote is too sensitive and makes fine control nearly impossible. Honestly I never checked if you could turn it down though so I could be complaining for no reason. The other thing which was a bigger issue is that is keeps crashing during New Game Plus. I was really looking forward to finishing it at least twice but it's crashed probably 10 times in the first few hours of gameplay since I restarted. Fix that and I'll change to 5 stars.
A one of a kind game
This game was so beautiful to play listen to and just everything about it was amazing. I put the game off for a while thinking it wouldn’t be worth it but once I saw how interesting the combat was and how many combinations there were I knew I had to try it. The story was amazing and the ending made me really sad yet happy at the same time somehow but back to the gameplay I had a blast playing through the game trying out all the different combinations and seeing which ones were best for different scenarios and a it was all some of the best gameplay any game could’ve had and like the title says this game is an extraordinary experience that I haven’t experienced in a long time which just kept me playing for hours non-stop. I could keep going on forever but I’ll keep it short so if you don’t think you’ll enjoy this game just buy it and you won’t regret it.
- Supergiant Games, LLC
- 2.5 GB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation). Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Supergiant Games, LLC
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.