Transit App – Real-Time Tracker & Directions for Bus, Subway and Metro including Offline Schedules
By Transit App, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Never miss your bus again. Open up the app and boom: upcoming departure times for all nearby transit lines are right there, displayed in big text and bright colors. Plan your trip, set reminders, and get notified about disruptions. Or maybe public transport isn't cooperating? Don't fret: you can easily request an Uber, book a car2go, or see where the closest bike-share station is.
Transit works in 100+ cities across North America and Europe (see US list below). And we work on the Apple Watch too, if that tickles your fancy.
- Know when your next subway or bus is arriving with real-time predictions.*
- Plan A-to-B trips with ease.
- See exactly where your transit vehicle is on the map in real-time.*
- View schedules and route itineraries. Even offline.
- Locate bike share stations including how many bikes / docks are available.
- Find nearby car2go's and easily book a vehicle.
- Check real-time ETAs for the closest Uber, and request a ride with two taps.
- Browse real-time service advisories, and subscribe to push notifications for disruptions that may affect your commute (in select cities).
- NEW: Schedule alarms and get reminders before your bus or train arrives.
- NEW: Enable stop announcements and get notified when you're approaching your stop.
*wherever real-time info is available from transit agencies.
****continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
“Blows Google Maps out of the water.”
“Love this so much I might sell my car.”
"So thankful, you're the reason I'm not afraid to use the bus"
"Truly ingenious work here. Honestly, these guys should be in charge of actual public transportation itself."
"Probably the best thing on my phone, no joke."
“This app makes me WANT to ride the bus"
“I simply cannot describe the extent to which this app has expedited my daily commuting.”
FANCY PEOPLE LIKE US
**Apple’s Editors Choice**
**New York City MTA App Quest Winner**
**Elected Official App of the Toronto Transit Commission**
**World Class Design: Featured in Apple's Human Design Guidelines**
**Selected as a 'Killer App' by the Wall Street Journal**
Baltimore (MTA*, RTA)
Boston (MBTA*, Massport, MetroWest RTA, Brockton Area Transit (BAT), Lowell RTA, Plymouth & Brockton S. R. Co., CATA)
Chicago (CTA*, Pace, Metra, NICTD)
Hartford (CTTransit, CTFastrak*)
Los Angeles (Metro*, OCTA*, Metrolink, LADOT*, Omnitrans, RTA, Burbank Bus, Torrance Transit Foothill Transit*, Big Blue Bus*, Beeline*)
Miami (MDT, BCT, Palm Tran*, Tri-Rail)
New York City (NYC Subway*, MTA Buses*, LIRR*, Metro-North*, NJ Transit*, PATH, SI Ferry, NICE*, Bee-Line, RI Tram, NY Waterway, AirTrain, CTTransit, CTFastrak*)
Philadelphia (SEPTA*, NJ Transit*, PATCO)
Salt Lake City*
San Diego (MTS, NCTD*)
San Francisco (BART*, MUNI*, Caltrain*, AC Transit*, VTA*, County Connection*, Golden Gate Transit, SamTrans, Sonoma County Transit, Healdsburg Transit, Cloverdale Transit, Marin Transit)
Seattle (Metro Transit*, City of Seattle*, King County Marine Division, Sound Transit*, Pierce Transit, Kitsap Tours, Everett Transit)
Washington DC (DC Metro / Bus*, DC Circulator*, Ride On*, Arlington Transit*, Fairfax Connector, MTA, VRE*, PRTC)
* Uses real-time predictions & vehicle locations for some or all routes.
Transit App also works in 50+ other cities around the world. View select cities below and the full list at transitapp.com
What's New in Version 3.9.3
- Now using Google for venue search
- Wow: now you can actually find venues without having to type the full name (aka better autocomplete)
- Search the name of any nearby restaurant/bar/cafe, and we'll give you directions there, instead of Poland
- Search the name of an intersection, like “43rd and Broadway” and we’ll give you directions there, too. Shout out to our New York City users — we feel your pain!
- Added Sydney, Australia and all of New South Wales (oi!). Tell your Aussie friends.
- Added some office chairs for our new teammates (hello!)
- Added the new Uber logo
We're keeping busy! Have a merry February and stay tuned for the inevitable bug fixes (and other more exciting things).
PS: Rate us five stars to rescue our release notes writer, who forgot to use the new venue search & is now stuck in Poland.
The fastest public transport app
I bounce between a couple different public transport apps, but I always come back to Transit. Highly recommended!
I usually already know *how* to get somewhere, and I just want to know what bus/subway is nearby and when the next departure is. I love Transit because it gives me the information I need as quickly as possible.
The timetable view when getting directions is great for comparing routes: which route gets me there the soonest? Which one has the least walking or waiting time between transfers?
The today widget is pretty helpful too - it's great being able to quickly check departures from the lock screen or another app.
There are a few issues:
- Route service disruption alert notifications have never seemed to work for me.
- Live departure estimates can be a little flakey, but I'm pretty sure that's an issue with the MBTA's API, not Transit.
- Sometimes the estimated walking times between lines in the same station (when making a transfer) are a little too short, making transfers kinda tight if you follow directions exactly.
One thing I'd like to see added is being able to easily get walking directions to the stops listed on the main screen.
Overall verdict: awesome. I commute on public transportation every day, and Transit is my constant companion.
Hey, would you look at that, the release notes actually state what was changed, clearly and without badly done “jokes.” I know I’m endangering clear and concise release notes for future updates by giving a five star rating, but I believe in rewarding good behavior. Leave the notes writer in Poland, Poland is a nice place full of nice people.
The best thing about this update is navigation to cross streets. Those of us visiting cities especially appreciate this addition. And you can still turn off all “sharing economy” services if you don’t like them or use them at all. Good job.
I have a request for the next update..
First of all thanks for the helpfull updates.
Now could you guys please add a choices of tones, the notification tone for the incomming stop (bus stop) that you choose. Coz one time I fell asleep and didnt hear the tone coz its low,
I just walk back half mile, i know its my fault but its a great ease to me if you add a loud tone. :)
Thanks for your great great app!
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Feb 09, 2016
- Version: 3.9.3
- Size: 35.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: 9280-0366 Quebec inc.
- © 2015 Transit App
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.