Transit App: Real Time Bus & Subway Tracker with Offline Schedules
By Transit App, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Find out when your ride is coming NOW. Arrival times and directions for transit routes near you, using real-time data. All transport options: bus, subway, bike share, Uber, car2go, and more. North America's most popular transport app.
Transit works in 75 US and Canadian metropolitan areas and many other cities around the world (see list below). And now on Apple Watch, too!
- Know when your next subway or bus is arriving instantly (including real-time predictions).*
- Plan A-to-B trips with ease.
- See exactly where your transit vehicle is on the map in real-time.*
- View schedules and route itineraries (even offline!)
- Favorite routes for instant access to upcoming departures.
- Save home/work locations for quicker trip planning.
- See bike share stations on the map including how many bikes and docks are available.
- Find nearby car2go's and easily book a vehicle.
- Check real-time ETAs for the closest Uber, and request a ride with two taps.
*wherever real-time info is available from transit agencies.
“Blows Google Maps out of the water.”
“This app alone gives me 15 more minutes of sleep and flexibility.”
“Love this so much I might sell my car.”
"Truly ingenious work here. Honestly, these guys should be in charge of actual public transportation itself."
"Probably the best thing on my phone, no joke."
“This app makes me WANT to ride the bus"
“I simply cannot describe the extent to which this app has expedited my daily commuting.”
IMPORTANT PEOPLE LIKE US
**Apple’s Editor Choice**
**New York City MTA App Quest Winner**
**Official app of the Toronto Transit Commission**
**Made in Montreal, popular in Paris, booming in Berlin, conquering Kenya**
WE'RE MILDLY WITTY
Twitter - twitter.com/transitapp
Facebook - fb.com/transitapp
Blog - medium.com/transitapp
See below for the full list of supported cities in the United States. You can find the complete list of cities and agencies at transitapp.com.
Can’t find your city? Visit our website to vote for the next one that we should add and it may appear sooner than you think!
- Ann Arbor
- Boston (MBTA*, Massport, MetroWest RTA, Brockton Area Transit (BAT), Lowell RTA, Plymouth & Brockton S. R. Co., CATA)
- Chicago (CTA*, Pace, Metra, NICTD)
- Eau Claire
- Grand Rapids*
- Hampton Roads
- Kansas City
- Las Vegas
- Los Angeles (Metro*, OCTA*, Metrolink, LADOT*, Omnitrans, RTA, Burbank Bus, Torrance Transit, Hyperloop*, Foothill Transit*, Big Blue Bus, Glendale Beeline*)
- Miami (Miami-Dade Transit, Broward County Transit)
- Minneapolis-Saint Paul*
- New Orleans*
- New York City (NYC Subway*, MTA Buses*, LIRR, Metro-North, NJ Transit*, PATH, Staten Island Ferry, NICE, Bee-Line, RI Tram, NY Waterway, AirTrain, CTTransit New Haven, CTTransit Stamford, CTTransit Waterbury)
- Philadelphia (SEPTA*, NJ Transit*, PATCO)
- Salem, OR
- Salt Lake City*
- San Antonio
- San Diego (MTS, NCTD*)
- San Francisco (BART*, MUNI*, Caltrain*, AC Transit*, VTA*, County Connection*, Golden Gate Transit, SamTrans, Hyperloop*, Sonoma County Transit, Healdsburg Transit, Cloverdale Transit, Marin Transit)
- Seattle (Metro Transit*, City of Seattle*, King County Marine Division, Sound Transit*, Pierce Transit, Kitsap Tours)
- St. Louis*
- Washington DC (DC Metro and Bus*, DC Circulator*, Ride On*, Arlington Transit*, Fairfax Connector, MTA, Virginia Railway Express*)
* Uses real-time predictions and vehicle locations for some or all routes.
What's New in Version 3.5.2
Attention Eric: we fixed the bug where your Apple Watch departure times wouldn’t refresh. Now your departure times are as fresh as a daisy.
To our other Apple Watch users, thank you for not sending us hourly updates of your angry heartbeat. Eric could learn a lot from you. Bug is fixed.
As for the rest of you bare-wristed beauties…
Are you travelling for business? Pleasure? Casual sorcery? Grab yer robes and wizard hats—because the Hogwarts Express is now live! (Yes, we actually did it.)
Every Friday at 11:00 GMT, the train will pass by King’s Cross Station to pick up Transit App tourists. If you’re not from London, look up the station in the search bar to see it come. Just remember to “do the thing” before trying to pass through the bricks at Platform 9¾.
That’s all for now. See you at Hogwarts!
PS: Rate us five stars if your mom makes the best cereal
I really love this app and I am happy to see that the developers developed (haha) a sense of humor in the update notes now. One thing I would like to request, are notifications. It would be nice to receive a notification on your iPhone, when your bus is about a minute away, so I can be aware of it. Thank you guys! Keep up the good work.
Updated review: I love your Hogwarts references! It's hard being in the muggle world lol. By far this is the most reliable app I have ever used since I use public transit on a daily bases, the only thing I would suggest is that when some buses run late the app should show that as well.
Good app in Oahu
A very handy app when using for bus information. Let's me know the routes coming my way & can customize directional information.
Spot on with arrival times and it loads quickly which is important during afterwork when all the buses pile up.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: May 02, 2015
- Version: 3.5.2
- Size: 23.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: 9280-0366 Quebec inc.
- © 2015 Transit App
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.