Transit Stop: CTA Tracker gives you quick and easy access to bus and train (‘L’) arrival time estimates for your favorite Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) stop.
● Apple Watch integration - view estimated arrival times for the stops you've saved on your wrist!
● 3D Touch support - With home screen quick actions you can quickly retrieve estimated arrival times for you saved stops.
● Estimated Bus & Train Arrival Times - Includes arrival time estimates in minutes (e.g. 4 minutes) and time (e.g. 12:14pm) along with the route name, bus ID or train run number, distance to stop, direction of travel, destination and a time stamp when the estimated arrival times were last refreshed.
● Location Map - In addition to the list of estimated arrival times you can view bus and trains locations and route patterns on a map.
● Individual Vehicle Tracking - View estimated arrival times for upcoming stops for specific bus or train vehicles by tapping the row of the estimated arrival time of interest.
● Save Stops - Ability to save the stops you use everyday for quick and easy access while you're on the go.
● Saved Stops Estimated Arrival Times - Ability to get estimated arrival times for the next approaching vehicle for each of your saved stops.
● View Multiple Routes - Toggle the estimated arrival times to display only your selected route or you can view all the routes that service a particular stop.
● CTA Service Alerts – View CTA route service alerts for whichever bus route or train line you're tracking.
● Refresh – Estimated arrival times can be manually refreshed giving you the flexibility to update the arrival times exactly when you need them.
● Real Time Tracking Data - Bus routes, train lines, stops and estimated arrival times are all provided directly from the CTA bus and train tracking systems.
Transit Stop is not affiliated with the CTA.
Like Transit Stop on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and be the first to know about new updates:
Bug fix for those that use the watch app.
Ratings and Reviews
This app would be perfect if...
This app does a pretty good job. I check it when i'm leaving my apartment so i can make an informed decision on how i'm getting to work in the morning. My only gripe is that it sometimes misses buses. For example, the app tells me a bus is 10 mins. out do i start walking to catch a different bus to a different train. All of a sudden, a minute or two into my 3 block walk to option B, a bus passes me by. Why wasn't this one tracking? Did the gps on the bus not work? This isn't the norm at all, but still frustrating. Also, a few times, buses have gone from 4 mins. away to nonexistent. TLDR: app works well, but can be buggy when it comes to buses. Over all, good for commuting but still leave yourself some time
The times are accurate about half the time. I will commonly miss a bus because when it says 5 minutes, it means anywhere from 1 to 8 minutes (and yes, I am constantly refreshing the app). Other times the app will say the next bus is 25 minutes away so I don’t need to rush out. However, I’ll see a bus cruise by the stop about 14 minutes later while I watch from the window at work. Had I known a bus would have been there before the time they listed, I would have gladly ran outside earlier. This is a good app only if you don’t need to rely on it and have a large, flexible window for arriving at your destination. If any of the developers or people that provide the data for the app are reading this, please consider providing more accurate data so that this can actually be useful in a somewhat consistent manner.
Keeps freezing, not easy to use
I deleted it. It worked fine for a few days, then started to freeze and wouldn’t open. Also it’s not easy to use, took me a minute to figure out how to switch back from “favorites “ to “all lines”. All lines are featured for a given stop instead of just the one you wanna use in the direction that you wanna use, it’s confusing when you only have a few seconds to catch the train you need. Used to have a different app on old phone, never failed me and was easy to use, maybe that’s why I’m disappointed with this one.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.