TransitGuru Denver RTD
By Toccata Technologies Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The only transit app that combines offline schedules, system maps, multiple transportation types (train or bus) or agencies for single metro areas, alarms to wake you up when arrival, and integration with Yelp and Google Map.
This application covers the RTD bus and light rail in the greater Denver metropolitan area.
-- Offline schedules for any line or station/stop for any date and time. They include the time for the first and last train or bus
- Rail and bus stations and lines are separated for easy navigation. For example, if you take a train, you will not be cluttered with bus stops or lines.
- An ability to download system maps and use them offline. Use familiar iPhone gestures to zoom in/out, and pan the map
- Station info including Google Map, nearby restaurants, and other attractions provided by Yelp.com.
- Directions between two stops are visually marked in the Map in the Route tab, which also includes scheduled departure and arrival times
- Built-in timer to wake you up before the estimated arrival
- Intuitive user interface to navigate among the transit map, lines, stations, routes, and bookmarked Favorites
- Top five nearest stations using GPS with walking and driving directions from your current location
- Add any station and route into your Favorites that you can access at anytime
- Sync the schedule database with one click to keep it up-to-date with the latest schedule published by the transit authority
- Visit the official transit system website within the app
- Browse the latest service advisories within the app
Transit systems change the schedules on the regular basis. TranstGuru is one of the only transit app that has been kept up with the latest schedule. Please follow us on Facebook or Twitter for the announcement of schedule changes.
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ToccataTech
Join us on the TransitGuru Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/TransitGuruMobile
In the app, you can go to Setting/Sync Database to check if there is new database. You can then tap on the top right Sync button to get the new database. After the db is downloaded, make sure to exist the app and restart it to pick up the new database.
What's New in Version 1.5.2
- Fixed a crash bug on iOS 6
- Updated schedule
Experienced RTD Users Ap
Love the application ability to work out various alternative routes. Yes, first and one timersay find this difficult. But regional pass holders will love the ability to determine alternatives based on weather, mood, hunger. Stop at the store perhaps or take advantage of a delayed train. This is very useful for delayed train conditions. Rtd has no live data but we can compensate.
I'm new to the Denver area and I'm trying to figure out how to get from my apartment to my new job downtown. I know nothing about the RTD and this app is of NO USE to me. It should be as simple as a GPS, put in your address and your destination address along with the time you want to arrive and get instructions. Instead you get this app which is no help. DO NOT waste your money on this app at least till you have a master understanding of the RTD system.
Needs Updated Schedules
I used to love this app. I liked that I could create favorite routes and see my time options. But RTD updates their schedules every 3-6 months. The app used to just take a couple weeks to offer the database updates to keep everything in sync. They have dropped the ball though. The RTD schedules changed Aug 16. It's now early Oct and still no updates. I can't count on the info being right so I can't use it anymore.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Sep 25, 2012
- Version: 1.5.2
- Size: 12.6 MB
- Languages: English, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Toccata Technologies Inc
- © Toccata Technologies Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.