Translate Convert is a fast and easy to use application for text translations and unit/currency conversions.
A perfect tool for students or anyone with the need to translate any text from a webpage, a document or an email.
• Supports 60 languages.
• The auto-detection feature will select the source language for you.
• Listen to translations in different accents.
• Drag a text from a webpage or a file into the dock icon (even if the app is closed) to translate.
• Translate from the menu bar.
• Print, save or copy to clipboard your translated text with a click.
• The spell checker highlights the misspelled words and suggests corrections.
• Powered by Microsoft Translator.
A powerful unit and currency converter. Choose a category, type a value, and this will be converted simultaneously into dozens of units.
• Up-to-date exchange rates for 168 currencies, including cryptocurrencies and precious metals.
• Over 400 units grouped into 19 categories.
• Categories include Length, Mass, Area, Density, Electric Current, Time, Temperature and many others!
• Ordinary or scientific/exponential output.
Afrikaans, Arabic, Bangla, Bosnian (Latin), Bulgarian, Cantonese (Traditional), Catalan, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Fijian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Haitian Creole, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong Daw, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kiswahili, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malagasy, Malay, Maltese, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Queretaro Otomi, Romanian, Russian, Samoan, Serbian (Cyrillic), Serbian (Latin), Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tahitian, Tamil, Thai, Tongan, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yucatec Maya.
An internet connection is required to translate and update currencies.
We can't guarantee the accuracy of exchange rates.
Compatibility with macOS Mojave.
Ratings and Reviews
This App does not begin to translate more than a nahndful of internationl currencies. I cannot exchange the Polish Zloty into US dollars, for example.
Only userful if you don't like dashboard
When the app store was new, I downloaded an app named Translate for free. It worked great you could drag highlighted text to a menubar icon and it would detect the language and translate it into your default language of choice. It had many useful features. One day it simply stopped working and disappeared from the App Store.
This is not a replacement for that app. It has an auto-detect button but all it does is lock you into your macs default language. Bizarrely, you language choices appear in their respective languages. So, for example, while you may be able to identify chinese characters, if you cannot translate the chinese, you probably won't know which one is "simplified han" and which is "traditional han". This, I assume, is a feature designed to discourage those not already fluent in foreign languages. This App has a menu widget but you can't drag text to it so it really only functions as a quick launch of the app. The UI is clean so it can be used as a replacement for Apple's dashboard widgets which do the same (after the delay of dashboard loading -- which on my mac is considerable). So it's not useless just no big win. For it's limited functionality it should be free.
5 stars app
don't hesitate its worth it
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.