DOWNLOAD NOW! ONE OF THE SMARTEST APPS ON APPSTORE!
Translate Photo app extracts texts from any printed sources: documents, books, signs, instructions or announcements and allows to immediately translate them to any of 90 languages.
Take a picture of the text and after the text is recognized, you can immediately edit, hear, translate, share it on Facebook, Dropbox or simply send by email
Better and faster than any other similar product!
70% cheaper than any other similar app, offered by competitors!
• Recognizes texts in more than 70 languages
• Translates to more than 90 languages
• Reads texts in more than 44 languages
• Full text translation for more than 90 languages (Internet connection is required)
• Listen to the text that has been recognized and translated into more than 44 languages!
• Edit the text, copy it to clipboard, and save in other apps
• Share the text on Facebook,Dropbox or send by email
• All texts are saved in History and can be later recovered at any time
With Translate Photo app you can easily scan and translate:
• any paper documents
• recipes from cookbooks
• notes and letters
• menus in restaurants, bars, and cafes
• articles from magazines and newspapers
• book parts
• instructions and manuals
• texts on product labels
• road signs as well as signs in airports and stations
• and many more...
App is fully compatible with iPhone 6, 6+, 5S, 5, 4S, 4, iPod touch 5th generation, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2, iPad Mini.
Full support for iOS versions 7.0-8.1+!
How to use the app:
• Select the language of the original text as text recognition language.
• Take a picture of the document (page, instruction, or any other text)
• Press the "Scan" button
• Recognized text will appear on the screen with an option to select the source language and the target (translation) language.
• After you select the language, the original text will be automatically translated and will appear at the bottom of the screen.
• To listen to the translation, press the "Voice" button
TranslatePhoto app will digitize and translate any printed text right on your device!
We've developed a new version of Translate Photo App for your BEST EXPERIENCE!
Now you can:
- use iMessage to make instant scans and send existing translations
- synch your scans, texts and translations with iCloud
- image preview in «History»
- see your frequent used languages first
- swipe the cell in «History» section to delete and share your translations
- email your scans, texts and translations to yourself
- customize translation font size (for sand-blind users)
- translate into Sinhala language
- scan documents in Malagasy language
And we've added the Danish localization and fixed some minor bugs!
Ratings and Reviews
Very good and methodical mobile translator app
For reasons well known to me, this app is hit or miss with translation of text between languages. The computation required to do human language translation varies by several orders of magnitude depending on context, vocabulary, tone, implicit meaning and wordplay, to give a few examples. I have yet to find any mobile device app that does better, but the capabilities of machine translators like this are finally, after 50+ years of being “almost ready” showing impressive gains in ordinary text translation. I think this app shines in ease of use. Heuristic back-end analysis of the data generated by this app should accelerate future accuracy and context interpretation of the translation engine.
S’Alright, Well hrm...It’s on the better side of s’alright
Sometimes for reasons unknown to me, this app can be hit or miss with it’s translations. And by that, I mean sometimes it will recognize the Chinese or Japanese characters I primarily need this for, a lot of times not so much. I’m giving it the benefit of understanding since often times it is not the easiest to decipher older antique writing since it can be quite bunches together. All in all, I’m happy with the app but would like to suggest a fix of being able to trace the characters from imported pictures for more precise identification.
If y’all do this I would like my cut of the loot. ;)
Not the most user friendly but very cut and dry app that works. I've used this to translate from many different languages and it seems correct. Keep in mind, many other languages have different transliteration but if you know the topic and don't get stuck on some words, you'll get the just of what's being said, although this is a language barrier not related to the app. The app does what it says and quickly.
- Volgan Shpitz
- 92 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Smartloft Apps
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.