By Lucidus Apps
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Select. Translate. It's that simple.
Translator+ is the simplest translation tool to help you get a word or paragraph translation instantly. Powered by Microsoft® Translator, it gives you accurate translation.
It supports translation between the following languages:
Arabic Bulgarian Chinese Czech Danish Dutch English Estonian Finnish French German Greek Haitian Hebrew Hungarian Indonesian Italian Japanese Korean Latvian Lithuanian Norwegian Polish Portuguese Romanian Russian Slovak Slovenian Spanish Swedish Thai Turkish Ukrainian Vietnamese.
- Select a word or paragraph to translate, you get the translation right from the selection. No distraction. No switching to another app.
- Press cmd+C to copy translation.
- Choose from 34 languages you want to translate
- Auto-detect target language
- Quick enable/disable (through status bar or system-wide shortcut) 'Select to Translate' so it doesn't get on your way when you just want to select and copy text
What's New in Version 1.0.3
- Support select to translate in multiple spaces on Leopard
- Support select to translate in multiple desktops and full screen mode on Lion
Worthy App, but Qualms with Selection Detection
I found Translator+ to be satisfactory. Notably, it allows you to disable translation with a keyboard shortcut. Unfortunately, it requires you to mouseover the small blue icon that appears when you make a selection in order to display the translation. While this reduces screen clutter when working in another language, it adds an unnecessary step. Ideally, there would be an option to automatically display translations.
Doesn't work as well as the iPhone app.
I appriciate it's function but I like that the phone version also has an audio funtion that helps you learn to correctly pronounce words. This is especially helpful while trying to speak and read a new language properly. This app has potential.
Needs to be updated
Definitely needs to be updated for Mountain Lion. Often times doesn't translate the content of the selected text, but that of the clipboard. When switching screens, the previous translation comes up, any double click brings up the translate icon for some reason. Also the menu-bar icon needs to be updated for retina displays. Other then that it is a handy app to double check when google translate seems inaccurate. IT would be nice if there was active development or support on this app. It's been a year since an update, so consider that when purchasing.