TransLoc has raised the bar with this wholly reimagined transit-tracking app. If you’ve ever stood in the rain wondering where your bus or train is, TransLoc Rider is the app for you. TransLoc Rider provides real-time transit tracking, arrival predictions and proximity alerts.
With TransLoc Rider you can:
• Watch buses and trains move in real time
• Set alerts that tell you when your favorite bus is approaching
• See the location and heading of any bus in your vicinity
• Watch all the buses moving on a specific route
• Check the arrival predictions for all buses approaching a specific stop
• Use SmartSearch to quickly locate specific routes and stops
• New multi-modal trip plan update incorporates stop, route and schedule information when passengers use multiple modes of transportation (e.g. Uber and mass transit). *Limited to participating transit agencies.
This app leverages an Apple service called the "significant location change service", which runs in the background and collects data only when your device has traveled 500 meters and five minutes have passed. This results in a tiny processing impact to your device. The benefit to transit riders is assisting transit agencies in positioning routes and stops as well as dispatching vehicles with optimal frequency.
Version 1.4.10 (802)
Performed some very minor maintenance of the app to make sure it's running smoothly for you. Also squashed a potential bug before the iOS 11 roll out/adoption and corrected a reoccurring crash. Happy riding!
Ratings and Reviews
missing almost every bus
Better use a paper chart for bus arriving time....
I drive one of the shuttle buses that use this app and I think it does a great job. I wish I had had this when I took the public buses to school in NY.
Horrible app. Inaccurate ETA(by more than 2 hours!!). The app takes you to a webpage to book a ride. Whats the point of creating an app if it eventually redirects you to a webpage?
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.