The gold standard of macOS file transfer apps just drove into the future. Transmit 5 is here. Upload, download, and manage files on tons of servers with an easy, familiar, and powerful UI. Transmit 5 has…
Transmit now connects to 11 new cloud services, like Backblaze B2, Box, Google Drive, DreamObjects, Dropbox, Microsoft Azure, and Rackspace Cloud Files.
And yes, Transmit still handles the classics — FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, and S3 — better than any. We make complex services drag-and-drop simple.
Transmit 5 now includes Panic Sync, our secure and fast way to sync your sites. And our robust File Sync feature adds support for local-to-local and remote-to-remote sync, while also giving you more fine-grained control.
We disassembled Transmit’s engine and rebuilt it, again, to significantly boost speed. T5 is better at multithreading and smarter about complex folders. Plus it’s got a new activity view to better focus on what Transmit is doing right now. It’s very fast.
- Get Info Sidebar. Inspect items as you browse, right in the browser.
- Batch Rename. Powerful, flexible, and built-in for local or remote.
- Places Bar. Jump to your favorite folders with a single click.
- Keys. Manage and generate secure keys right in Transmit.
- Local-local sync
- 2-Factor Login
- Open in Terminal
- Brand New UI
- Extra Large Amazon S3 File Support
- And So Much More
We hope you enjoy using Transmit. Hit us up anytime if you have any ideas on how to make it even better!
• Transmit requires a subscription to use. This subscription includes full access to the Transmit app, as well as access to Panic Sync, our secure online solution for syncing your sites between devices.
• Launch Transmit to begin your 7-day free trial. You can cancel during the free trial at any point, and you won't be charged for using Transmit.
• After 7 days, you'll automatically be billed $24.99/year (or the equivalent in your country) through an auto-renewing subscription.
• An active subscription entitles you to unlimited Transmit app updates, including both minor updates and major new features!
• You can cancel your subscription at any time. If you do, once you reach the end of your subscription period, the app will no longer function. But your data will not be deleted from the app, or from Panic Sync. Simply restart your subscription at any time to use Transmit again.
We're back with more improvements to your favorite file manager -- Read on for all the details!
• Improved handling of `known_hosts` files
• Added "Keep Both" file transfer options to the Transfer Preferences
• Resolved an issue that caused the activity window to appear blank in windowed mode
• Fixed a problem where deleting items from Google Drive would not restore the drive capacity
• Fixed an issue that could prevent file browser columns from saving their width
• Improved listing very large directories over SFTP
• Various dark mode visibility improvements
• Refined first launch screen
Ratings and Reviews
OK, but no longer sync via iCloud
I have used Transmit for years, and never had an issue with it. Unfortunately, Transmit now uses their own server to sync instead of iCloud which worked great in the past and I never had issues with it. I have great aversion to apps that use proprietary servers to sync instead of iCloud, and I only use them when there is no alternative. I hope the developers follow the example of other great apps (Like DevonThink, for example) who gives the user options which include iCloud sync.
Developer Response ,
Noted. Now that we're back in the Mac App Store, we'll keep evaluating our syncing While we love being able to fix server-level sync problems ourselves, we also know iCloud is convenient! (Also, If it helps, we have tons of information on Panic Sync here — https://panic.com/sync/ — and here — https://library.panic.com/general/panic-sync-common-qs/ that might help.) Thanks for checking out Transmit 5!
Makes using FTP Make Sense
I'm a very visual person, and Transmit makes using FTP much more intuitive for me. Easy to figure out, keeps things organized, and functions well.
I am not able to import my AWS key and program simply says the Key format not supported without any help or documentation on the site what the problem could be and how can this be resolved. Used a free tool to use the same key and able to connect, not sure why should I be paying for this product
Developer Response ,
Hello! We've got some great info about Transmit's SSH key support on our Library over here 👉 https://library.panic.com/general/ssh-keys/
If you're running into any issues, feel free to reach out to us for support. We've got a team ready to assist. :) email@example.com 👍
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.