The gold standard of macOS file transfer apps just drove into the future. Transmit 5 is here. Upload, download, and manage files on tons of servers with an easy, familiar, and powerful UI. Transmit 5 has…
Transmit now connects to 11 new cloud services, like Backblaze B2, Box, Google Drive, DreamObjects, Dropbox, Microsoft Azure, and Rackspace Cloud Files.
And yes, Transmit still handles the classics — FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, and S3 — better than any. We make complex services drag-and-drop simple.
Transmit 5 now includes Panic Sync, our secure and fast way to sync your sites. And our robust File Sync feature adds support for local-to-local and remote-to-remote sync, while also giving you more fine-grained control.
We disassembled Transmit’s engine and rebuilt it, again, to significantly boost speed. T5 is better at multithreading and smarter about complex folders. Plus it’s got a new activity view to better focus on what Transmit is doing right now. It’s very fast.
- Get Info Sidebar. Inspect items as you browse, right in the browser.
- Batch Rename. Powerful, flexible, and built-in for local or remote.
- Places Bar. Jump to your favorite folders with a single click.
- Keys. Manage and generate secure keys right in Transmit.
- Local-local sync
- 2-Factor Login
- Open in Terminal
- Brand New UI
- Extra Large Amazon S3 File Support
- And So Much More
We hope you enjoy using Transmit. Hit us up anytime if you have any ideas on how to make it even better!
• Transmit requires a subscription to use. This subscription includes full access to the Transmit app, as well as access to Panic Sync, our secure online solution for syncing your sites between devices.
• Launch Transmit to being your 7-day free trial. You can cancel during the free trial at any point, and you won't be charged for using Transmit.
• After 7 days, you'll automatically be billed $24.99/year (or the equivalent in your country) through an auto-renewing subscription.
• An active subscription entitles you to unlimited Transmit app updates, including both minor updates and major new features!
• You can cancel your subscription at any time. If you do, once you reach the end of your subscription period, the app will no longer function. But your data will not be deleted from the app, or from Panic Sync. Simply restart your subscription at any time to use Transmit again.
Ratings and Reviews
A step backwards
I have use Transmit for years, and never had an issue with it. I was disappointed when Transmit 5 was launched but was no longer available on the App Store, so I did not buy it and stuck with the older version which still works fine. I was pleasantly surprised to find Transmit 5 listed on the App Store today so I downloaded it for a free trial and was planning to buy a subscription soon after. To my dismay, I found that Transmit now uses their own server (here we go again) to sync my site and FTP passwords/keys between my computers, instead of iCloud which worked great in the past (I never had issues with that). NO, THANK YOU VERY MUCH! When the time comes to move on from my current version of Transmit, I will look for an FTP client that uses iCloud to sync.
Developer Response ,
Noted. Now that we're back in the Mac App Store, we'll keep evaluating our syncing While we love being able to fix server-level sync problems ourselves, we also know iCloud is convenient! (Also, If it helps, we have tons of information on Panic Sync here — https://panic.com/sync/ — and here — https://library.panic.com/general/panic-sync-common-qs/ that might help.) Thanks for checking out Transmit 5!
Will Not Pay a Subscription
The App Store version requires a subscription, which I won't pay. But I see you can still buy it ourright on the website, which is good, because I'm moving away from all subscription-based apps.
$25/YEAR for an FTP?
You got to be f**** kidding me. Just download Filezilla and be free.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.