Build the ultimate transport empire!
Take control of your own fledgling transport company, and use your engineering skill and business acumen to keep cargo and passengers moving - and keep the money rolling in!
Transport Tycoon contains everything that made the original PC game an all-time classic, plus a whole host of brilliant new features - bigger, richer worlds, deeper simulation and a huge variety of land, sea and air vehicles. The intuitive new touch screen interface makes it easier than ever to build and maintain your transport network.
Whether you're planning and constructing ambitious engineering projects, or simply exploring the intricately simulated workings of the game's world, Transport Tycoon is your ticket to many hours of absorbing and rewarding entertainment.
TRANSPORT TYCOON is the definitive version of the classic simulation game, created by 31x and Origin8 Technologies in collaboration with Chris Sawyer, the original designer and developer of the TRANSPORT TYCOON and ROLLERCOASTER TYCOON franchises.
• Deploy bus and tram networks to grow sleepy towns into bustling cities.
• Lay cross-country railroads to keep industries supplied with precious resources.
• Construct massive bridges, dig tunnels and deploy earth-moving tools to carve a path through mountainous terrain.
• Build air and sea ports to transport cargo and passengers further and faster in an accelerating world.
• A wide range of beautiful landscapes including deserts, forests, mountains, valleys and islands.
• Several ‘real-world’ scenarios modelled on regions of North America and Europe at different periods in the 20th century.
• A richly simulated world with changing seasons and working industries, farms and towns.
• An all-new interface puts everything you need to explore and interact with the world at your fingertips.
• Over 150 vehicle types allowing you to choose the ideal transport solution for every situation.
• Use railway junctions and signals to allow multiple trains to share your rail routes.
• Modify vehicles and stations and assign new routes to adapt your business in real time.
• Upgrade and replace old vehicles as new and better ones are invented – all the way to supersonic jets and bullet trains!
• Play through 49 scenarios expertly designed to suit all skill levels and playing styles.
• Try to stay one step ahead of advanced A.I.-driven competitor's companies.
• Track your progress and troubleshoot your business with in-depth company statistics.
• Prove yourself worthy of the title of Transport Tycoon and take on the life-consuming 100 Year Challenges!
Like Transport Tycoon on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/tycoonsim
Follow Transport Tycoon on Twitter: @TransportTycoon
Transport Tycoon © 1994, 2013 31X Ltd. Created by Chris Sawyer. Transport Tycoon ® 31X Ltd. All rights reserved.
Transport Tycoon is a Universal App compatible with iPhone 4 and newer, iPod touch 4th generation and newer, and iPad 2 and newer including iPad Mini. iOS 6.0 or above recommended.
All content and features are included with no additional purchases required.
- Fix for spanish language that affected some devices
- Fix for some crashes and other issues
Ratings and Reviews
Fun, Addicting & Time Consuming
This is one of the best mobile transport sim-like games I’ve ever played. Though there are still some downsides, like not being able to delete a save; I can’t remove roads if they’re claimed by a town, even if I put the road there in the first place; not being able to delete roads of a competitor if they go bankrupt; the fact that I can’t build tracks across tracks built by a competitor; and probably the most annoying one, only having 1 bridge type that can go up and down. But other than that, its still a great game. I hope to see more updates to this in the future.
Railroad tycoon 2 is one of my favorite games ever. This is basically the same game with some added stuff like buses, boats, and planes. However, the interface on the iphone is extremely frustrating. Removing any mistakenly laid track is a nightmare. Plus the whole boat aspect is pretty messed up.
Please update so that the demolish/bulldozer can remove track. Why do we even have the bulldozer if all it can remove is trees? Might as well have just given us a chainsaw! Also make it so boats can refuse certain items, so they don't get caught running all over the map rejecting large shipments just because they're carrying four units of food!
In all honesty, I love this game but those couple features have irritated me to no end. Thanks!
Great Game But Has Flaws
Been a fan of TTD for a long time and this game definitely captures that overall feel. I could play this for hours but one flaw that sticks out is the horrible path-finding AI. I would set up a road path that connects three towns and it’s very straight-forward. I would have a bus that would touch each town, and it would appear it would go from the first to the second. I expect it to go to the third but instead it turned back to go back to the first town. Why would it do that, I don’t know. This always happens the first time around, which leads me to think that it’s orders that it’s following doesn’t get updated.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.