Moovit: Bus Train Metro Subway - Live Transit App with Map Schedules and Next Bus
By Moovit App Global LTD
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The world's ultimate transit app! Trip planning, live arrivals, schedules, maps, service alerts and more. Supporting over 60 major US cities (including NY, SF, LA, DC) & 400+ worldwide. ** "Waze for Public Transit" (WSJ)" **
** Apple's Editor Choice in the Navigation category ** NYC MTA App Quest Public Choice Award ** Named “Best New App” in more than 60 countries ** Featured in NYTimes, Bloomberg TV, FastCompany, more
• Live arrivals: Click a nearby station on the map, or search for a specific line and get real time arrival times
• Trip planner: Compare between alternate routes to your destination
• Step by step navigation: Easily find your way on the map, including walking directions
• Real time service alerts / advisories: Receive real time updates with push notifications on the lines you use frequently
• Static transport system maps for NY, LA, SF, Boston, Chicago, Miami and other popular train / subway / tram systems (a PDF viewer is required).
How is Moovit "powered by the crowd"?
Moovit is a real cooperative, community-driven project. We start with complete schedule-based transit information, then add real-time data from operators and users.
Just by riding with Moovit open, you help contribute live data back to the community. You can also send active reports about your ride or station from the report button.
Supported metropolitan areas and agencies in the US (currently 62):
•Ann Arbor: TheRide, UMICH
•Atlanta: Atlanta Rapid Transit, MARTA
•Austin: Capital Metro
•Boston: Boston Subway, CATA, Massport, MBTA, MetroWest Regional Transit Authority, RIPTA
•Buffalo: NFTA Bus and Metro
•Chicago: CTA, CTA-L, Metra, PACE
•Coachella Valley: SunLine
•Dallas / Fort Worth: DART, Commuter Rail, The T
•Grand Rapids, MI: The Rapids
•Hampton Roads: HRT
•Kansas City: KCATA, The JO
•Las Vegas: RTC
•Little Rock, AR
•Los Angeles: LA Big Blue Bus, Free Airport Shuttle, LADOT, LAX FlyAway, Metro, METRO, Metrolink Trains, OCTA, PVTransit, Riverside Transit, Torrance Transit
•Louisville: TARC - Transit Authority of River City
•Madison: Metro Transit
•Miami: BCT, MDT, MDT Metromover, MDT Metrorail
•Minneapolis-St.Paul: Airport (MAC), Maple Grove, Metro Transit, MVTA, Scott County, SouthWest Transit,
•New York - New Jersey: CTTransit- Stamford, LIRR, Metro-North Railroad, MNR Hudson Rail Link, MTA Bus Company, MTA Rail, Nassau Inter-County Express, NJ TRANSIT, Norwalk Transit, NY Waterway, NYC Subway
•New Haven, CT
•New Orleans RTA: Tram and Bus
•Philadelphia: SEPTA Rail, Subway & Trolley
•Phoenix: Valley Metro LRT
•Pittsburgh: Port Authority Subway & Funicular
•Salt Lake City: UTA
•San Antonio, TX
•San Diego: MTS, North County Transit District
•San Francisco Bay Area: AC Transit, AirBART, BART, Baylink, Blue & Gold Fleet, Caltrain, County Connection, Golden Gate Transit, Harbor Bay Ferry, Marin Transit, MUNI, SamTrans, SF Cable Car, VTA
•Santa Fe, NM
•Seattle: Kitsap Transit, Metro Transit, ST Bus & Light Rail
•St. Louis: Metro St. Louis
•Tampa - St. Petersburg: Hillsborough Area Regional Transit, PSTA
•Washington, DC -Baltimore,MD: Arlington Transit, DC Circulator, MARC, MET, Metro Subway, MTA, RideOn
We'd love to hear from you and stay connected:
• Facebook: http://facebook.com/moovit
• Twitter: @moovitapp
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 3.8.0
• People of Anchorage, Memphis, El Paso, Lexington & Bakersfield - Welcome to Moovit!
• "Favourite Lines" Widget improvements. Add it to your notification center for quick access to arrival times of your favourite lines.
• Over 10 additional metros were added (we now support over 400 worldwide!) including: The entire Republic of Ireland, Palermo (Italy), Valladolid & Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (Spain), Bratislava (Slovakia), Melbourne & Hobart (Australia)
• New language- introducing Moovit in Thai!
• Bug fixes & performance improvements
Awesome multi-modal app
Love this app. This is the app if you use various mode of transportations. Even though I have a car in Los Angeles. I much rather bike and take the train when I can to get into downtown LA (DTLA) or wherever I want to go like Hollywood, Culver City and soon Santa Monica Beach when the rail tracks construction is completed. Moovit is a great app. A bit complicated at the beginning but that's because the app is so powerful and is pack with lots of great features. The best part of the app once you've set your start and end destination is the real time map feedback. This is awesome, especially when you're on the train. You can see where you are at and the app have a visual countdown of how many stops away till you get off on your stop. I love the favorite route which I've added a ton of my usual routes from home to work etc. This makes it so easy to use the app. Moovit has various mode of transportations from walking, rail, train, light rail. But they are missing biking. If they add bicycle as a mode of transportation, Moovit would be a perfect app!!!
Near perfect, just needs more user input!
I absolutely love this app. Takes a little while to get used to its entire interface - there's a lot more to this app than showing arrival times. My favorite thing is being able to not only save routes to memory but also locations, i.e. work and home, so that finding the best route takes seconds. Sometimes their trip planner doesn't match up to actual arrival times - many times I followed their trip planner and bus times were off by a significant amount, like 15m or so. Might be that their trip planner is but synced up to new schedule changes for the season? Lastly what would make this app perfect would be more user generated input, instead of just the option to report crowded stops. What about being able to report service issues as you see them, emergencies, heavy traffic, police presence, all real time info that would help other users in the moment?
While transit arrival times are perhaps never ever going to be promptly tracked to a tee. Movit is a hugely close and very helpful in taking away the uneasiness of peering down the street at that 2:00 bus that has yet to show itself. Better to have a definitive late arrival time than to be left to wait and wait with no resolve which I have had to do in the past. Hopefully this app takes off to establish a community and hugely beneficial platform to those whom decide to take advantage of public transit
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Nov 23, 2014
- Version: 3.8.0
- Size: 21.9 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Moovit App Global LTD
- © 2014 Moovit
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.