Moovit: Local Transit App
By Moovit App Global LTD
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Say goodbye to waiting for that bus, train or subway and say hello to Moovit, your free, local transit planner, featuring live arrival times, updated line schedules, local station maps, service alerts & changes that affect your trip -- all from the community of other riders nearby!
**New** Available for Apple Watch - view nearby lines and get next arrival times right from your watch
Supports major US cities (including NY, Chicago, Miami, SF, Boston, LA, DC) & hundreds more worldwide.
** “It'll make your commute and your trips out and around town for fun that much easier” - LifeHacker **
** Featured in NYTimes, TechCrunch, FastCompany, & more **
► OmniSearch: Discover the best routes to anywhere in your city. Search for a place, address or station to compare transit options and see detailed directions all the way there (combining any and all local transit types including bus, light rail, ferry, train, metro, subway, tram, rail and streetcar)
► Near me: See what's nearby and explore your surroundings on the map. Find the closest stops and check next arrival times, so you're never stuck waiting at the station. Get directions to your destination via the best and shortest route.
► Favorites: Add your home, work and other favorite places for instant trip planning. See next arrival times for your favorite lines, and even check your trip history for easy repeat travels.
► En Route: A simple click will allow you control your journey, even if your plans or destination change. Just tap Start to see your updated ETA and be notified as you go
► Live reports: Improve everyone’s ride by reporting useful information about station crowdedness, cleanliness, live events, even incidents. Receive notifications from your local operator, when available. Planning your transit is easier when you know what to expect.
► Comprehensive transit maps: See an overview of your local transit maps (PDF viewer required)
How is Moovit "community-powered”?
The power of Moovit stems in our cooperation with you, our amazing users. We start with complete schedule-based transit information, and, with your help, mix in real-time data about current transit times and conditions. Just by using Moovit, you’re helping everyone else plan their transit (and lives) better. En route, you can even send active reports about the ride or station to let others know what to expect. Spread the word and help your community get there on time!
Ride with Moovit in 100+ cities across the US:
New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Austin, Seattle, Miami, and more
Moovit supports all major transit operators including:
MTA, New Jersey Transit, LIRR, MBTA, WMATA, SEPTA, CTA, Pace, LA Metro, Metrolink, SFMTA, AC Trans, BART, VTA, OCTA, Amtrak, King County Metro, Miami Dade Transit, MDT, Metro, Muni, MARTA, RTD, CATA, MWRTA, Metrorail, Bart, Beeline Bus, Norwalk Transit, Dash Ladot, DC circulator, Torrance Transit and more…
(Including: Muni map, Path Train schedule, WMATA next bus, next Caltrain, METRA schedule Chicago etc.)
Moovit is a worldwide app! You can find us in hundreds of cities around the world including: UK (London, Birmingham, Manchester), Spain (Barcelona, Madrid), Italy (Rome, Milan, Napoli), France (Paris, Bordeaux), Poland (Warsaw, Lublin, and more), Sweden (Stockholm), Finland (Helsinki), Hungary (Budapest), Russia (Moscow), Netherlands, Israel, Brazil (Rio, Sao Paulo), Chile (Santiago), Colombia (Bogota), Mexico City, Peru (Lima), New Zealand, Philippines (Manila), Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur), Greece (Athens), South Korea (Seoul), Norway (Oslo).
Common misspellings: moveit, movit, move it, muvit, mubit, movit, mobit, moovet
Let's stay connected:
* Facebook: http://facebook.com/moovit
* Twitter: @moovit
* Check out our website: www.moovitapp.com
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.3.0
• New transit type screen to specify which modes of transportation to include in your trip plan (set to all types by default)
• Enhanced Suggested Routes Screen. More trip options, less scrolling
• Redesigned Trip options. The new design shows all of the crucial information you need at a glance, including the real time departure from your stop or station (where real time is available)
• Service Alerts are now available for the following agencies: NJ Transit, MTA, NYC Subway, Metro-North Railroad, & LIRR (NYC) MTBA (Boston) CTA & PACE (Chicago) Big Blue Bus, Foothill Transit, LADOT, METRO (LA), SEPTA (Philadelphia) BART (SF), Trimet (Portland), Metro Transit (Seattle) DC Metro & Metrobus (Washington-DC) CDTA (Albany)
• En Route: Faster Line Selection; Enter the "En Route" screen and immediately see all the nearby lines
Best cta bus app
Moovit, first off, hats off to the name. That was very clever. Second, using my location and showing where the nearest bus stops are and where they go is phenomenal in itself! They go on further and tell the time and where it is moving. Good job. Great app!
Great app- easy to understand and use!
Love this app. Totally clueless about public transit, but it makes everything really easy. Better than its competitors on the market too, I've tried all of them.
Awesome replacement for our local transit providers app!
Love this app! It replaces our local MARTA application and does a wonderful job. Great features. I love the "in transit" feature to keep track of my ETA. I won't leave home without it now!
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jul 29, 2015
- Version: 4.3.0
- Size: 35.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Moovit App Global LTD
- © 2015 Moovit
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.