Moovit: Live Transit App for Bus Train Metro Subway with Map Schedules and Next Bus
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The world's #1 public transit app! Trip planning, live arrivals, schedules, maps, service alerts and more. Supporting over 50 major US cities (including NY,SF,LA) & 200+ worldwide. ** "Waze for Public Transit" (WSJ)" **
** Apple's Editor Choice in the Navigation category ** NYC MTA App Quest Public Choice Award ** Named “Best New App” in more than 60 countries ** Featured in NYTimes, Bloomberg TV, FastCompany, more
Choose the fastest, least crowded route, every time based on real time data. Check schedules, real time arrivals and receive service alerts. Best of all, it’s free and powered by the crowd.
** "Moovit for iPhone turns you into a train and bus ninja", Lifehacker
• Live arrivals: Click a nearby station on the map, or search for a specific line and get real time arrival times
• Trip planner: Compare between alternate routes to your destination
• Step by step navigation: Easily find your way on the map, including walking directions
• Real time service alerts / advisories: Receive real time updates with push notifications on the lines you use frequently
• Static transport system maps for NY, LA, SF, Boston, Chicago, Miami and other popular train / subway / tram systems (a PDF viewer is required).
How is Moovit "powered by the crowd"?
Moovit is a real cooperative, community-driven project. We start with complete schedule-based transit information, then add real-time data from operators and users.
Just by riding with Moovit open, you help contribute live data back to the community. You can also send active reports about your ride or station from the report button.
Supported cities and agencies in the US:
• Atlanta: Atlanta Rapid Transit, MARTA
• Ann Arbor: TheRide, UMICH
• Austin: Capital Metro
• Boston: Boston Subway, CATA, Massport, MBTA, MetroWest Regional Transit Authority, RIPTA
• Buffalo: NFTA Bus and Metro
• Chicago: CTA, CTA-L, Metra, PACE
• Cincinnati: Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority
• Cleveland: Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
• Columbus, OH
• Dallas / Fort Worth: DART, Commuter Rail, The T
• DC Baltimore: Arlington Transit, DC Circulator, MARC, MET-Bus, Metro Subway, MET-Subway, MTA, RideOn
• Denver: RTD, RTD Light Rail
• Detroit: DDOT
• Hampton Roads: Hampton Roads Transit (HRT)
• Honolulu: TheBus
• Huston: METRO
• Kansas City: KCATA, The JO
• Las Vegas: Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada (RTC)
• Los Angeles: LA Big Blue Bus, Free Airport Shuttle, LADOT, LAX FlyAway, Metro, METRO, METRO Light Rail, Metrolink Trains, OCTA, PVTransit, Riverside Transit, Torrance Transit
• Louisville: TARC - Transit Authority of River City
• Madison: Metro Transit
• Miami: BCT, MDT, MDT Metromover, MDT Metrorail
• Milwaukee, WI
• Minneapolis-St.Paul: Airport (MAC), Maple Grove, Metro Transit, MVTA, Scott County, SouthWest Transit,
• New Orleans RTA: Tram and Bus
• New York - New Jersey: CTTransit- Stamford, LIRR, Metro-North Railroad, MNR Hudson Rail Link, MTA Bus Company, MTA Rail, Nassau Inter-County Express, NJ TRANSIT Rail & Tram, Norwalk Transit, NY Waterway, NYC Subway
• Orlando, FL
• Philadelphia: SEPTA Rail, Subway & Trolley
• Phoenix: Valley Metro LRT
• Pittsburgh: Port Authority Subway & Funicular
• Portland: TriMet
• Sacramento, CA
• Salt Lake City: UTA
• San Antonio, Tx
• San Diego: MTS, North County Transit District
• San Francisco Bay Area: AC Transit, AirBART, BART, Baylink, Blue & Gold Fleet, Caltrain, County Connection, Golden Gate Transit, Harbor Bay Ferry, Marin Transit, MUNI, SamTrans, SF Cable Car, VTA
• Seattle: Kitsap Transit, Metro Transit, ST Bus, ST Light Rail, Washington State Ferries
• St. Louis: Metro St. Louis
• Tampa - St. Petersburg: Hillsborough Area Regional Transit, PSTA
We'd love to hear from you and stay connected:
• Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/moovit
• Follow us on Twitter: @moovitapp
What's New in Version 3.5.1
Bug fixes and performance improvements
and v3.5 features:
Special World Cup Edition: Go USA!
Headed to Brazil for the games? Moovit has your back. We've got all of the 12 host cities covered!
- Easily navigate to Stadiums and Fan Fests by searching in the trip planner or special icons on the map
- Check Service Alerts to get live updates on transit conditions
-Show your support by wearing your team's jersey in Moovit's app!
A few more goodies:
- Added custom transit agency logos and icons
- New languages: Moovit is now fluent in 22 languages! Introducing Arabic, Norwegian, Greek, Turkish, Czech, and Estonian.
- Say hello to our newest locations in Turkey, Norway, Estonia, Czech Republic, Greece, Georgia, Portugal, South Africa & More!
- Visit facebook.com/moovit to see which national team is winning the ""Moovit"" championship!
Love Moovit? Share with your friends, and rate us (5 stars!) in the store!
Good concept but poor accuracy
I have had this app for a few months now and I use it to get to areas where I don't know the bus routes very well. It is good at providing options to people who don't know bus schedules and routes and would definitely help tourists navigate a city. That being said, the routes offered by moovit are limited, inaccurate and unreliable. I have been told that a specific route will take me 45 minutes but it ends up taking me twice that! I will use moovit to check the status of my bus, and for 10 minutes it will tell me my bus is 2 minutes away. This is especially annoying for people like me who are constantly commuting to different cities and need to arrive to appointments ON TIME. If moovit improves it's time accuracy, provides an option to plan trips according to time/number of connections, uses real time bus movements to create the fastest routes and expands it's route database I can confidently give it 5 stars.
Muni for Dummies
Actually 4.8 stars. Of approx 10 apps tried, this was one of a couple that found WHICH Muni to take. Most other apps showed Muni schedules but you had to know which # to take, first, which I didn't know.
Enter destination & preferences to minimize walking/transfers. It also shows how many stops until exiting, & counts down stops (some routes), as you go.
Getting off to transfer was easy due to the "you are here" that follows you, so if you are clueless of your directions, you can see if you're going the wrong way.
Why not five stars? It could be solely user error, but in choosing a route, I didn't see a place to choose a different option once enroute, so ended up closing the app and re-entering destination. Wasted a lot of time looking for a (lettered, not numbered) connection that were underground and I was looking above ground.
Coming from Boston -- times are rarely accurate. Trip planner is impossible! It told me 2 hours in a ridiculous route when I KNOW the proper route and it's only 30 minutes but just needed the visual and times to leave to make the right train. Note: i do NOT use the location services because my battery is faulty and will die right away so perhaps that is to blame but I've known of plenty transit maps that work fine without locations on.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jun 21, 2014
- Version: 3.5.1
- Size: 26.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: TranzMate Ltd.
- © 2014 Moovit
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.