By Indiana Office of Technology
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Indiana Travel Advisory app is meant to help users stay aware of changing travel conditions.
- Ability for users to set alerts for any county or counties they choose, up to every county in the state. When the travel status in a selected county is changed, the user will receive an alert notification.
- Weather conditions for each county. Tapping on a county will display the temperature and an icon with the current conditions.
- Contact information for county emergency management agencies, which are responsible for the status updates.
The State reports data provided by county Emergency Management Agencies (EMAs). Some counties only update data when there has been a change in status and do not reaffirm that everything is ‘Normal.’
For example, County X may not have had any travel emergencies since June and has remained in the ‘Normal’ category the entire time, since the status has not changed, there has been nothing to update. The next time there is a county-level emergency impacting travel, the status is changed by the county EMA and is reflected in the app.
Other sources of travel conditions should also be consulted, including local news, travel, weather and social media sites and apps.
What's New in Version 1.1
• Contact, with the touch of a button, each county Emergency Management Agent who determine the travel status and share your feedback with them.
• Instantly receive push notifications on selected county travel status updates. Users may be prompted to enable push notifications, please accept and select counties of interest to receive notification of status changes.
• Find the travel advisory without opening the app or unlocking your phone by using the Today Widget. To add this feature, swipe down from the top of your phone, scroll to the bottom, select ‘edit’ and include it in Today’s view.
I agree, already!
for the love of all that is Hoosierly, please stop asking me to agree to the terms and conditions every time I open the app, or switch back to it from the app switcher. I agree, I agree, I agree.
also, it might be nice to know _why_ a county is displaying a travel condition other than normal, but I realize this might require changes in the way counties report their statuses to the state. still, knowing that Greene is Advisory due to weather, or that Marion is Warning because space aliens have landed at the Velodrome might be helpful.
Love the new push notifications! I'm now getting instant alerts when counties update their travel advisories. Great feature.
the today widget just says loading. never changes.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Jan 31, 2015
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 4.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Indiana Office of Technology
- Indiana Homeland Security Copyright © 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.