Travel Channel Cities
By The Travel Channel, L.L.C.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Discover great places to eat, drink and have fun in exciting cities around the world – then create your personalized itinerary and sync it across your iOS devices. With Travel Channel Cities, depart from the expected, arrive someplace surprising.
• Explore 24 of the world’s great cities, including newly added Austin, Boston, Las Vegas and Washington, DC.
• Exclusive content includes photos, videos and tips from The Layover, Anthony Bourdain No Reservations, Bizarre Foods, Man v. Food, Samantha Brown’s Great Weekends, Trip Flip and other hit Travel Channel shows.
• Each city features information you won’t find anywhere else including inspiration videos, suggested books and movies, dos and don’ts, and music playlists.
• Custom designs deliver rich iPad browsing for the couch and practical iPhone utility on the go.
• Filter points-of-interest – restaurants, bars, hotels, attractions and more – by show and/or by type as you build your city-by-city itinerary. You can also see what’s nearest to you now.
• Built-in map views help you plan your route and adjust on the fly.
• Share where you are via Facebook or Foursquare, and see if your friends have been there, too!
• Practical information guides you from airport to city center.
• Full city list includes: Amsterdam, Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Dublin, Hong Kong, Las Vegas, London, Los Angeles, Miami, Montreal, New Orleans, New York, Paris, Philadelphia, Rome, San Francisco, Sao Paulo, Seattle, Singapore, Taipei, Toronto and Washington, DC. And we’ll be adding more in 2014!
What's New in Version 3.0
• Complete redesign and numerous usability enhancements.
• Four new cities – Austin, Boston, Las Vegas and Washington, DC – and 100s of additional points-of-interest.
• Videos, photos, and tips from Travel Channel hit shows including Bizarre Foods, Man v. Food, No Reservations and more.
• Foursquare and Facebook integration.
Retired Military World Traveler!
This is a wonderful App! So fantastic to see all these places I use to live, visit, travel to. If you can't be there, this is definitely the second best thing. I love the Travel Channel, love the people who perform and show us the world, which because of television, movies, and these apps, make it a much smaller, but more accessible place. Thank you so much for these apps. Also, thank you so much for using Face Book and not pushing that other one down our throats, like so many other channels are now trying to do. (It's making many viewers stop watching and using many media items) Again, try this app before you pass judgement based on the few critics. Every app will have some glitches to work out, and it takes time to perfect a Picasso!
Deletes Bourdains Information
Without any warning this so-called update actually erases all of the old layover information from bourdain. I don't know what the other reviewer was thinking when they said it did not. It does.
What is perhaps worse, for instance in regard to Seattle, it includes 30 Other places he did not visit and only retained two.
Don't get me wrong, if the travel Channel wants to have a city by city app then good for it. But to call this an update when it is nothing of the sort is a fraud.
Travel Channel has plenty of smart people. They full well knew what they were doing. They want to debt and bourdain And we direct you to their poor product. Again, if they want their own app that is fine but we are not so stupid as to not see-through what the app does.
So travel Channel, I deleted it entirely and now I have nothing from the travel Channel and left you a bad review. Before, had one travel Channel app that I liked and we have reviewed well. So, how is that brand building going?
Travel Channel Cities
This is a travel, city guide and TV channel application all rolled into one. The design is simple and easy to use with a drop down menu that offers a listing of all available cities. Users can use the app to download guides for 24 of the most popular and important cities in the world ranging from New York to London. The guides themselves while not overall comprehensive gives you a list of places to visit including what to eat, where to visit and even directions on what major transit to use to get to that city in the first place. The guides also contain short clips from the Travel Channel in that particular city. Users can easily add places to their itentiary to visit or keep in mind for the future.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Dec 05, 2013
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 36.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: The Travel Channel, LLC
- © 2013, 2014 The Travel Channel, L.L.C. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.