Accessing free Wi-Fi has never been easier. TRAVEL JAPAN Wi-Fi provides tourists with the simplest solution to access free Wi-Fi hostspots anywhere in Japan.
From Narita to Tokyo, Osaka, and anywhere else in Japan – you’ll be able to easily connect your mobile to free Wi-Fi. Avoid data roaming, pre-paid sim cards, and pocket Wi-Fi rental; these options quickly rack up costs and often come with slow data restrictions. TRAVEL JAPAN Wi-Fi, on the other hand, lets you enjoy travelling japan through free and quick web connections.
TRAVEL JAPAN Wi-Fi automatically connects you to Wi-Fi hotspots while you travel, and to make travelling Japan that much better, the app comes along with these special features:
-get automatic recommendations on popular cafes, restaurants, shopping areas near you
-Save your favourite visited places.
-Search for nearby Wi-Fi hotspots and stores with the MAP function.
-Download the Offline MAP so you can still travel easy without internet.
When using the app, make sure you remember these things:
- Cost incurred for 3G, LTE communications is at your expense.
- Wi-Fi services are provided without any encrypting.
- The app uses iOS Maps.
- The app collects device and GPS data to analyse app usage trends in Japan and provide better services. Statistics are provided to alliance corporation without personal information.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Thank you for using TRAVEL JAPAN Wi-Fi!
To make our app better for you, we bring updates to the App Store regularly.
Renewed Google Maps Static API.
Ratings and Reviews
App works fine, it overcomes barriers to using WiFi in Japan. While there are lots of WiFi hotspots, they only work if you have a local carrier. This app helps overcome that, it’s only for tourists, so download before you come over. It’s finicky to get working, you need to change carrier settings. Remember what you’re doing because you have to remove that profile when you get home or your phone won’t work in the states. I always forget how to do it and when I land stateside I have the headache of trying to research the solution without an internet connection. Same thing when in Japan, you can’t use WiFi to download this - chicken and egg problem. That’s why you need to get it before you come over.
I tried to get on WiFi in a Tokyo Starbucks and it directed to this an an app. It let me use the Starbucks WiFi to download the app via the “Apple store”. I gave it an email, which is a spam sponge anyway and I don’t care, and it started working. Good enough to chat, check email, and look at maps.
Doesn’t work and is sketchy
This app probably violates the TOS
- Wire and Wireless Co.,Ltd.
- 102.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2014 Wire and Wireless Co.,Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.