Do you want to make your travel money go further?
Take the guesswork out of prices abroad and stay in control of your money with Travelbug, a simple way to save money and come home on budget.
Designed by frequent travellers with ease of use a priority. Forget spreadsheets and mental arithmetic, it's the currency and budget app you'll want to use while you're on the go.
Easily log your spending, convert your expenses from the local currency, and track how close you are to your budget.
Combine multiple destinations, different currencies, and different budgets into one view of your travel money.
At a glance, you're in control of your spending. You know if you're over budget. You know where your money is going. You know if you can afford that splurge.
Which leads to a better travel experience. More in control. More relaxed. More fun.
So try Travelbug now, and on your next trip, make your travel money go further - so you can too!
Travelbug free features:
- See a summary of your trip expenses at a glance.
- Combine multiple trips with different currencies and budgets into one view.
- Clever gesture-based currency converter shows a range of values without needing to type any numbers.
- A target daily spend guides you to meeting your budget.
- Categorise your expense however you want: use the built in categories or define your own.
- Graphs and charts show you where your money is going.
- Universal app for iPhone & iPad
Travelbug premium features:
- Sync your trips between devices, and back them up to iCloud.
- Add multiple destinations, currencies and budgets within one Trip.
- Enter expenses that are split between you and your travel companions, and keep track of how much you owe each other.
- Set your own exchange rates for particular expenses or destinations.
- Add photos to expenses so you can capture receipts or a record of things you have bought.
- Subscribing removes the banner ads from the bottom of the screen
In App Purchase:
As of version 4, Travelbug features an in app purchase - the option to take out a subscription to our premium features. The length of subscription is one year. The price of the subscription is displayed clearly in your local currency above the Buy Now button in the store view. The features that subscription allows you to access are shown in the store view and above. Payment will be charged directly to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the subscription. You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto renew in Settings.
Ratings and Reviews
it randomly resets itself and you lose all information (no updates have to be involved). if you do decide to use it anyway, make sure to email yourself backup copies often
Great App but no easy way to Export Data
The app is well thought out, easy to use and intuitive. While on a recent overseas trip, I was able to populate all the expenses in short time with no difficulty. However, my wife and I track our expenses on individual iPhones. So to get the total cost of our trip I need to export the data from each phone, and merge them externally. The "export cvs file" option in settings does not work at all. Where is the exported file located? Also, there is no easy way to contact the developers for help. If this issue were solved, I would give the app 5 stars. To the developers: Please Help!
Developer Response ,
Hi Zoro_Bawa - thanks for leaving a review, it's great to hear you've been using the app on your recent trip, and finding it easy to use.
We can certainly help you out with the two issues you mention.
The export function works like this - First select the trip that you want to export. When you tap the export button it opens an email that has the csv file with your expenses in it attached. You can then send the email to yourself and open it on another computer that has spreadsheet software on it. It is essential however that you've got email set up correctly on the phone for this to work. As for getting in touch with support - just above the 'export to csv' button is the 'contact support' button which will also open an email addressed to our support mailbox and we always try to respond quickly to user questions and queries.
If you're still having problems with the CSV file, try sending us an email to the support address, that way we'll be able to tell if email is working ok on your phone and we can take it from there.
Hopefully this info with help get this sorted out, and if so, we do hope you'll go on to give us five stars! Thanks again for trying the app and leaving a review, and we hope you'll continue to find Travelbug of use on future trips.
Have used a number of travel programs for tracking expenses and deleted others for this one. Easy to learn and use. Multiple currency features and being able to link trips together are all bonuses. Very pleased with this app.
- Chris Adamson
- 55.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Chris Adamson & Melanie Phillips 2015
- In-App Purchases
- Annual Subscription $1.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.