The award-winning FREE Traveline Scotland app provides comprehensive information to help plan your journey in Scotland.
The app features:
- A journey planner for public transport options between any two locations in Scotland, featuring all bus, coach, rail, Glasgow Subway, tram and ferry routes,
- Departure boards showing next scheduled buses at every stop in Great Britain! Live bus times are shown in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen, Dundee, Angus, Ayrshire, Fife, Lothians, Scottish Borders, Inverness area and Orkney where available,
- Live train departure times for all rail stations in Scotland,
- Departure times also shown for Scottish ferry terminals and Glasgow Subway stations, together with local taxi details relevant to your location,
- See full routes on the map, with all scheduled calling points and stop times displayed,
- News & Notices affecting public transport services,
- Cycle journey planner powered by CycleStreets,
- Contact details for all Scottish public transport operators,
For the strategic road network, the app provides direct access to Traffic Scotland. This section features:
- Current trunk road incident information,
- Live Camera views from motorway and trunk road cameras,
- Current journey times for major routes,
- Details of current and planned roadworks,
- Regularly updated weather and planned events info.
You can also listen to the latest live travel information on the Traffic Scotland Radio player.
• Enhanced journey planning for Glasgow 2018 European Championships
Ratings and Reviews
Overall the app is impressive with times and locations of local bus stops (relative to your location). However, the big minus is that when you click on the map for the route, all you see is a straight red line connecting the point of departure and destination; ie, it doesn't show you the bus route AT ALL. That cost me 45 minutes one time! It would be ideal if the app could also show you a map of Glasgow and map of all bus routes available; then you could click on one and it would tell you the stops and the times.
Not all busses
This app does NOT show all buses in Scotland. I live just outside of Stirling and and the app does not find any buses to travel into Stirling - it's part of the national bus service that other apps have no problem finding.
What the iPhone was made for
First class (no pun intended) app. Was able to plan a door-to-door route from south west Scotland to the north east. It even gives you walking directions between stops.
- Traveline Scotland Ltd
- 6.8 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, French, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Traveline Scotland Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.