This app offers an introduction to J.M. Coetzee's writing through the rich insights offered by the conversations, exhibitions, performances and screenings that took place during the 2014 Traverses: J.M. Coetzee in the World conference. It includes: a bank of interviews with some of the world's best Coetzee scholars; rare recordings of Coetzee reading from his novels; a gallery of archival materials, including photographs and manuscripts selected from the J.M. Coetzee Papers held at The Harry Ransom Center, The University of Texas at Austin; photographs taken by J.M. Coetzee in his youth (courtesy of Professor Hermann Wittenberg); and a glimpse into the South African landscapes that inspired Coetzee’s early writing, courtesy of Dr Kai Easton’s photography. Links and references throughout the app provide pathways for further reading, giving users new perspectives on Coetzee’s enigmatic and profoundly challenging oeuvre.
- Jennifer Rutherford
- 448 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Jennifer Rutherford; Rita Horanyi; Adam Jenkins
Family SharingWith Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.