Traxx: GPS Alarm for Sleepy Commuters
By Justin Yu
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Traxx: GPS Alarm for Sleepy Commuters is simply the best alarm for travelers, adventurers, and of course sleepy commuters!
Sleep on the train, the bus, the boat, Caltrain, bart, the mbta, the mta, the muni, the plane (not really sure about the plane) the whatever and be rest assured that you will never miss your stop again!
- Enter your destination
- Set the alarm
- Sleep, listen to music, zone out, or do whatever you do when commuting
- Traxx will wake you up when you're almost at your destination!
So go ahead and catch up on those Z's!
Now available on Apple Watch and Ipad Pro!
Oh, and its free!
- Tap on the map or use the search bar to choose your destination
- Works in the background when needed* (wakes you up when you are close to your destination)
- Multiple settings to allow unique customization
- Allows you to play your own music while the app is running
- Intuitive design
*Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 2.0
Tried and tested!
- updated for iPad pro and Apple Watch
- tried and tested many, many, many times!
Would be my favorite app...if it worked.
So sad. I've been looking for an app that will alert me when I'm near my metro/bus stop that has strong vibration and sound. This app seemed like the answer, but alas...
It doesn't work in the background or if you let your phone just rest in your pocket. It's not because I'm using it wrong, am underground or any other user error -- I'm plenty tech savvy and have given this a shot many times. The idea is there and I love the simple interface, but it just simply does not work for the purpose I need it for...waking me up before my stop when I'm sleepy and doze off.
Hopefully the developers will overhaul the app and make it useful. Until then, I'll still be on the lookout for an app that actually works.
Doesn't work, awful UI
- Doesn’t work in the background. I set an alarm, locked my phone, and the alarm didn’t go off until I reopened my phone and had already reached my destination. This makes the app pretty much useless.
- The search is horrible. There are no search suggestions, and when I tried searching for something, it took me to a random place in another country.
- The options for alarm radius aren’t good. 1 mi/km is the minimum you can set, and that’s too large for me. And they only go in 1 mi/km increments, up to 3.
- The UI isn’t pretty. Honestly looks like someone drew it in MS Paint.
- The developer obviously solicited 5 star rating reviews. Shame on you.
Awesome and super helpful
I’ve downloaded other apps like this before, but they never work well in the background. this works perfectly and lets me play music without interfering.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Mar 02, 2016
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 18.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Justin Yu
- © Justin Yu
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases