Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Open Places is a free app that makes it simple for you to find great places nearby.
But more than that, it's a bold new experiment that blends editorial vision and the collective creativity and wisdom of thousands of smart people like you—a place where you collaborate with editors to scout out, photograph, and cover the places you love best.
Through the Trazzler Open Places project, all of our editorially selected and vetted content (20,000+ places and counting) is available free to nonprofits, public radio stations, parks, schools, tourism bureaus, publications, and other approved organizations. The idea is to create an open network of publication-quality information about places that can be used to promote any neighborhood, town, or region--or particular area of interest (for example: public art, independent bookstores, state parks, or kid-friendly activities).
Your byline follows your work wherever it goes. Many of our contributors have used their customized personal profiles as resume builders, to secure other paid gigs, and to sell books.
Download our free app and you'll see what we mean:
• Find editorially vetted places close to you.
• Scout out new places and send them to our editors who will review them and respond within 24 hours.
• Submit a photo on any place to enter this week's contest.
• Follow friends and other contributors with similar interests and tastes.
• Get notified every week when new contests and prizes launch.
• Create a professional portfolio of photos and writing with feedback from editors.
• Read our creative manifesto to see how serious we are about changing the way that people explore the world and share photos and writing about their favorite places.
What's New in Version 4.3
We added nearby events. Visit the Events tab to get started. Filter by category. Please let us know what you think.
Crops my photos
I love this app! It's so much fun and I've gotten to post pictures of places I love. I'm just really disappointed that a lot of my pictures get cropped when I post them. I was also curious if there is a way to delete a photo. If I post a photo and it gets cropped, most of the time I'm not happy with it and would rather not submit it. I appreciate your feedback.
Fun way to share your favorite places
I enjoy rating photos as well as uploading photos for others to see. A unique experience and it is free!
Share and discover
Great way to share your favorite places and discover new ones.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Aug 14, 2012
- Version: 4.3
- Size: 3.3 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Trazzler Inc
- © Trazzler Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.