By CleverMatrix Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Tree Identifier app contains identification guides on all native, as well as common non-native trees found in the UK. It will help all nature lovers identify trees whilst out and about.
The app has the following features:
- A to Z list of trees
- Identify screen which will help you identify the tree you are looking at with a few simple clicks
- Family screen where by the trees are split down into families
- Favorites screen where you can store your favorite trees
- Detailed information on each tree listed
- Many pictures for each tree listed, helping with the identification process
- Move to the next picture with a simple swipe of the finger
- Search screen
- Ability to log when a tree has been spotted and save down information about this tree in the form of notes and photos
- Spotted screen showing all the trees you have spotted, detailing their position on a map
- Fast and simple to use
Currently the app only contains trees that are native and common none native trees to the UK, but we will be updating it in the coming weeks to be worldwide.
If there is a tree that you we have missed and you would like to see it listed, then please drop us an email at email@example.com and we'll see what we can do.
We are updating the app to have a community section, where you can share your spottings, photos and tips with other app users.
What's New in Version 1.2
In response to popular demand we have included images of the tree, leaf, bark and seed for all trees, to help with the identification process.
We have also added a detailed leaf shape guide.
Also put a more detailed description for each tree listed.
And as a bonus we have added the following new trees:"Scots pine", "Sweet chestnut", "Sitka spruce", "Holm oak", "Huntingdon elm", "Large-leaved lime", "Maidenhair tree", "Midland hawthorn", "Norway spruce", "Sessile oak", "Small-leaved lime", "Smooth-leaved elm", "Spindle", "Wayfaring tree", "Western hemlock", "White poplar", "White willow", "Whitebeam common", "Wild black poplar", "Wild service tree", "Wych elm"
Wish I had read the reviews first!
Really disappointed! Would have done better with an Audobon tree book! Don't buy it!!!
Too limited to be useful.
Save your $
NOTE: Trees for the UK, not North America.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Feb 22, 2011
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 66.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: CleverMatrix LTD
- © CleverMatrix Ltd 2010
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.