By Algorithmic Botany
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TreeSketch is a fully featured interactive 3D tree modelling application for your iPad. Creating a tree is as simple as painting on the screen while watching the tree grow into your stroke. TreeSketch is powerful enough to capture a stunning variety of tree forms.
TreeSketch exports 3D models to .FBX and .OBJ so they can be used by all major rendering applications.
Best of all, its free!
What's New in Version 3.0
A number of features and parameters have been added or changed since TreeSketch version 2.0. The most important are listed below.
• In addition to iTunesConnect, models and images can be exported via Dropbox. Export options have been significantly expanded and include the obj mesh format and high resolution composite ready rendered images. Textures can now be exported with the model.
• The hybrid growth algorithm has been introduced to improve consistency between trees modeled interactively using brushing and trees grown autonomously. The original sketching and growing algorithm remains available as the “artistic” algorithm.
• Rendering has been enhanced to include shadows and scattered light. Direction of light illuminating the scene can be interactively manipulated by dragging the sun in the sky.
• Trees can carry fruit, buds and thorns. Their distribution and appearance can be controlled via a dedicated tab.
• TreeSketch 2.0 “flowcurves” have been replaced with the sketch-based tropism option to improve control of growth direction using sketching.
• TreeSketch 2.0 post-editing of branches has been improved by replacing over-sketching with multi-touch branch bending.
• Key architectural parameters can be more conveniently manipulated using specialized widgets.
• Color attributes (hue, saturation and brightness), including those of textures, can be manipulated using specialized colored sliders
• Growth and/or rendering parameters from previously saved trees can be loaded as presets for new growth.
• Brushing gestures can be visualized to illustrate the construction of the models.
This app is simple amazing. I don't know where to start to be honest. It does not seem to have a limit to the poly count which is wonderful. The app is fluid and easy to use. I also really like how you can export your trees to your desired software. This makes a great unlimited supply of trees, especially if you work with E-on's Vue and you need a large variety of trees. I love this app, simple, quick, and a beautifully fast to create trees in a very short time.
I Love This
From the user videos this was made for a class project? And OMG I LOVE IT SO MUCH! Wonderfully done. Currently I'm just using it as a toy but I'm definitely trying to find ways to work it into my brand designs.
Request, I would love more leaves? Pine needles, palm leaves, etc. oh, and an interactive catalog where people get to post their trees and rate others and download the parameters of the ones they like so they can make their own versions.
Great app but Hate ps udk
Thank you for making this app. Despite the crashing and few bugs, it is a great app for making trees for maya and 3ds max, but the major problem is the fact that I got it to use instead of speed tree. The Polies are too high to work with and I'm having a pain trying to get the right texture in maya. Great app but needs major improvements.