Trend Micro Mobile Security – Privacy & Lost Device Protection for your iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch
By Trend Micro Incorporated
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Trend Micro™ Mobile Security for your iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad stops threats before they reach you, allowing you to safely enjoy your digital life. Using our cloud-based Smart Protection Network™ and Mobile App Reputation technology, it protects you from online threats, privacy invasions, and the loss of your iOS device.
Mobile Security identifies bad apps and fake websites that try to steal your information or intercept banking details, as well as sneaky apps that automatically sign you up for expensive services. It also helps you select the right privacy settings on Facebook and manage your data usage and costs.
If your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad is ever lost or stolen, Mobile Security can help you find it via the web.
- Guards against identity theft
- Blocks dangerous and fraudulent websites
- Protects your privacy on Facebook
- Helps you manage your monthly data usage and costs, including while roaming
- Backup and transfer your contacts cross different mobile platforms
- Locates a missing device
- Detects and removes threats leveraging 25+ years of experience
- Easy to modify protection strength level and notifications
- Supports browsing in multiple web pages at the same time
Premium version available as a 30-day trial once app is downloaded. After 30 days, the app will automatically become the free version.
- Backup and Transfer Your Contacts across different mobile platforms
What's New in Version 2.0.1208
In this update:
- iOS 8 Compatibility
NEW in Version 2.0
- A new Data Usage Monitor, that helps you manage your monthly data usage and costs, and helps you monitor your data usage while roaming
- Various enhancements to the SafeSurfing secure web browser
- Added ability to share Trend Micro Mobile Security app on social networks
- Fixes for minor software bugs
What does it do?
I'm sure there's something to recommend this but it's in no way a free app as promoted. In order to do anything, you must pay yearly. Even then it does not act like a traditional internet security program. The only benefit I saw was my backup transfers from a perfectly safe app were blocked. When I asked for a refund after deleting the app, the app no longer worked but I have no record of any refund. Just be sure to read about this app carefully before buying. It gets worse. I'm writing many months later after the above. This is a total fraud and a scam. This app does nothing at all. I never received a refund and have paid for two years of NOTHING AT ALL. The app does not do anything. I have since been victim of the very thing it claims to protect against: apps not carefully monitored by Apple that add junk and bill your credit card high amounts. Apple's heavy handed way of dealing with this if you complain is to deny use of the credit card you use. If it happens more than once or twice you can easily run out of new credit cards to give them and be locked out of the app store
But don't count on this app to help. Remember I could find nothing it will do in the PAID VERSION except offer to back up contacts which Verizon and other apps already do.
What is the benefit?
I have used the "service" provided by this app for almost three weeks and have as yet to see what benefit it provides. It is not able to inventory the apps on my iOS devices to identify security threats from malware, tracking or phishing. It is only able to "scan" applications open in active memory but only for a few minutes so there is no "real time" protections. It does not appear to integrate with your existing web browser to scan web sites but instead you can use the Micro Trend web browser to check each site one by one. The limitations of the app along with the minimal protections of the service are not acceptable for subscription fees charged.
Best on the market!
I have the paid version on all my devices. I've used TM for years and never had any issues at all. Customer service is great and easy to get to someone for help adding to new devices. Before using TM I used the others out there, but still got Trojans, worms and viruses. I haven't had one in years! Since I started using TM Buy the product! It's worth every penny! I use the Titanium that covers up to 4 or 5 devices. I'm not sure as I only have 3. Thank you TM!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Oct 21, 2014
- Version: 2.0.1208
- Size: 16.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Trend Micro Incorporated
- Copyright © 2014 Trend Micro Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- 1 Year License$23.99
- 2 Years License$39.99
- 2 Year License$39.99