TrialDirector for iPad
By inData Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TrialDirector for iPad is a simple, easy to use evidence management and presentation tool designed specifically for use with the iPad.
With TrialDirector for iPad, you can create a case folder, add exhibits to
your case through a Dropbox™ or iTunes® account and interact with your evidence using the annotation and presentation tools.
For a more professional and feature-rich experience, users can prepare exhibits in TrialDirector 6 (such as editing closed-caption video clips, pre-treating with annotations or creating workbooks) and export to TrialDirector for iPad for presentation.
* Create and manage multiple case folders
* Import a single file or an entire folder structure with exhibits from Dropbox
* Markup and annotate using some of the most popular tools from TrialDirector 6, including:
- Freehand writing
- Highlight and redaction
- Laser pointer
- Freeform drawing on a virtual whiteboard
- A variety of other shapes, lines and drawing tools
* Bookmarks for rapid call-up of key exhibits
* Ability to present and annotate two exhibits side-by-side
* Ability to freeze output on the external display while you prepare the next exhibit on your iPad
* Supports industry standard video formats, including H.264 up to 1080p, MPEG-4 and QuickTime
* Supports Retina Display
* Supports AirPlay Mirroring with Apple iPad 2 and 3 devices
* Present wirelessly using AirPlay Mirroring and AppleTV
* Import custom workbooks (ie opening, witness, closing, etc.) from TrialDirector 6
* Import closed-captioned video depositions from TrialDirector 6
* Import exhibits pre-treated with advanced annotations from TrialDirector 6
* Free telephone access to inData’s top-rated technical support team.
iOS 5.1.1 and higher required.
What's New in Version 1.0.1
* Improved ability to maximize video to full screen under iOS6
* Re-located laser pointer to position above and left of stylus / pointer finger.
* Improved ability to place annotation within callout projection which resides outside of document border.
* Improved ability to move callout tool off-screen.
* Improved image processing to resize initial image on load to reduce memory footprint.
* Improved app stability when displaying callouts on external screen.
* Limited simultaneous callouts to 3 per image when using external display.
Please fix bugs
This could be great but needs many fixes. Please fix the callout feature so that it can expand beyond the size of the doc like it does on the software you use for a PC. Also, the app crashes which is obviously not good in trial. Pages sometimes will to turn either. Double tapping to resize the doc or turning pages in presentation mode sometimes causes a crash. Also the highlighter takes down some of the black of the letters/words being highlighted which makes the words hard to read. Please fix all of this. It could be great but these are major problems when in trial.
We used this app and an Apple-TV / projector setup to do A/V on two week-long business cases in the past month. It worked well enough, and I prefer it to running A/V on a laptop. The callout feature could use improvement---Trial Pad's callouts are better---but this is a small quibble. The main thing is that the video and exhibit support is quick, stable, and intuitive enough to use on the fly during examinations.
Not worth the cost, i.e. my time.